New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby Rixster67r » Fri May 14, 2021 6:11 am

CHull10285 wrote:Hi everyone. First post here, been searching the boards for a little while now. My question is this, I’m trying to start a franchise with all custom/created teams (custom logos and uniforms). I’m trying to import my custom uniforms for the first team following this tutorial
viewtopic.php?t=18036
I keep running into the same issue though where once I finish the process and try to play using my team the game crashes. This was never an issue before trying to do this. Any idea what could have cause this?

reorder all depth charts....

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri May 14, 2021 11:20 pm

TheRareButter wrote:So after we fixed the sub, I found this site and plan on adding it to our menu for our members to get mods for all the classic games.

Well this is unexpected. Welcome! Just as a note, the vast majority of the mods here are for Madden 08, though we do also have many options for 2004, as well as some for 07 and 19+. Not sure about 2005 or 06. Those ones kind of got left behind a bit.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

LifeAlert
Rookie

Postby LifeAlert » Mon May 31, 2021 12:43 am

Hi, first post here! Just got into football and Madden and am playing Madden 08 to get into football simulation. Big into modding, franchises, and stuff like that.

Super late to the community but better than not being here at all!

STEEL_Curtain_43
Rookie

Postby STEEL_Curtain_43 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:51 pm

Hi, so I've been an NFL fan pretty much all my life and grew up loving the Madden franchise. Madden 06 and 08 were my games as a kid and I still have them and my PS2 to this day although I haven't played them a very long time. I'm joining this community as someone who has been severely disappointed with all of the recent Maddens. The other day me and my friends were playing 2v2 on the couch on Madden 20 and we all were getting upset with how buggy ands stupid the game was. That inspired me to dust off the old PS2 and get back into Madden 08. I was pretty letdown, however, once I saw just how blurry the game looked on my 55 inch, 4k TV (shocker lol). Its difficult to even read the text in the menus. That's how I discovered this forum. I love modding games so I've decided I'm going to invest in Madden 08 on PC so hopefully I'll never have to buy a new Madden ever again (or at least until they get their s*** together!

adamgrr
Rookie

Postby adamgrr » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:32 pm

RevanFan wrote:
adamgrr wrote:One question: I've downloaded and run the PC CD a few times, but I'm unable to access the official updates for Madden 08. The server keeps timing out, I suppose it doesn't even exist anymore. Will I be able to use mods if I can't get the official update?

The patch server that the game connects to doesn't work anymore. But the patches have been uploaded on this forum, and we also have a link to EA's FTP server that has the patch. You can find it in paragraph #4 of the Starting Guide for New Players.

http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=18494

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to search for the answers to any questions you have, and if you can't find them, feel free to ask.

EDIT 2: I had actually downloaded the core files. Darnit. Sorry everyone. Still looking for help with my issue. :roll:

EDIT: I suppose it might help if I downloaded the core files. Yeesh

Hello again! I couldn't work too much with the mods last time around because I had a 6+ year old cheap computer. I just bought a gaming computer and I've installed everything a want from the Starting Guide (thanks for being gentle with me last time when I didn't see it when I first started).

Everything has downloaded with no issues. I opened Madden 08 with the v4 patch and saved a franchise, and installed a non-cd patch even though I am using cd for now. I installed Calhoupe's Madden Scripts with the 1.70 edit, and from the images I remember the little window that pops up before Madden runs. I moved a copy of mainapp to the folder and changed the name of the orignal mainapp, and when I clicked Calhoupe's mainapp, the window popped up for the briefest moment and I got the ea sports opening animation. When I closed Madden, it had a message from webroot that said something wasn't allowed to go through, though everything else was. I couldn't find how to whitelist it, and I tried it a few more times to see if I could find anything. After the third time I stopped getting the message, so I don't remember what it actually said.

If someone else hasn't had this issue before with webroot and can help, I'm thinking I will need to uninstall and reinstall Madden, so in that can hit webroot for the first time again and share screenshots. If that is the case, will I need to delete any of the downloads and unzip or re-download them again after I reinstall Madden, or can I leave all the downloads as they are.

Also - RevanFan has to be a reference to KOTOR, right?

I love this community and I hope to take advantage and contribute. I used to be on the madden forums all the time between 2003-05. I went back several years later and started writing up a thread for a franchise journal. People were DMing me and saying I was losing a bunch of cred and nobody was reading it. lol I was in my 30's and any cred I would have had was lost long ago and I was doing it mostly for me anyway. I got back on here and see you have a forum dedicated to that, I think that's really cool.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:56 pm

adamgrr wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
adamgrr wrote:One question: I've downloaded and run the PC CD a few times, but I'm unable to access the official updates for Madden 08. The server keeps timing out, I suppose it doesn't even exist anymore. Will I be able to use mods if I can't get the official update?

The patch server that the game connects to doesn't work anymore. But the patches have been uploaded on this forum, and we also have a link to EA's FTP server that has the patch. You can find it in paragraph #4 of the Starting Guide for New Players.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to search for the answers to any questions you have, and if you can't find them, feel free to ask.

EDIT 2: I had actually downloaded the core files. Darnit. Sorry everyone. Still looking for help with my issue. :roll:

Hello again! I couldn't work too much with the mods last time around because I had a 6+ year old cheap computer. I just bought a gaming computer and I've installed everything a want from the Starting Guide (thanks for being gentle with me last time when I didn't see it when I first started).

Everything has downloaded with no issues. I opened Madden 08 with the v4 patch and saved a franchise, and installed a non-cd patch even though I am using cd for now. I installed Calhoupe's Madden Scripts with the 1.70 edit, and from the images I remember the little window that pops up before Madden runs. I moved a copy of mainapp to the folder and changed the name of the orignal mainapp, and when I clicked Calhoupe's mainapp, the window popped up for the briefest moment and I got the ea sports opening animation. When I closed Madden, it had a message from webroot that said something wasn't allowed to go through, though everything else was. I couldn't find how to whitelist it, and I tried it a few more times to see if I could find anything. After the third time I stopped getting the message, so I don't remember what it actually said.

If someone else hasn't had this issue before with webroot and can help, I'm thinking I will need to uninstall and reinstall Madden, so in that can hit webroot for the first time again and share screenshots. If that is the case, will I need to delete any of the downloads and unzip or re-download them again after I reinstall Madden, or can I leave all the downloads as they are.

I love this community and I hope to take advantage and contribute. I used to be on the madden forums all the time between 2003-05. I went back several years later and started writing up a thread for a franchise journal. People were DMing me and saying I was losing a bunch of cred and nobody was reading it. lol I was in my 30's and any cred I would have had was lost long ago and I was doing it mostly for me anyway. I got back on here and see you have a forum dedicated to that, I think that's really cool.

Generally, antivirus software often claims calhoupe's scripts are a false positive. That's likely your issue. You'll have to figure out how to whitelist either the file or the directory in which you store the file. I would suggest you Google search for the answer if it's not obvious. I've never used Webroot, so I wouldn't know. If a Google search doesn't help, the only thing I can suggest is trying a new antivirus. I always suggest either Kaspersky or BItDefender. In basically every antivirus test I've seen, they have the best results for detection, they both have free and paid versions, and they both have whitelisting capabilities. Do feel free to share those screenshots if you do reinstall everything, though I feel you should probably create a new topic in the troubleshooting forum if you do. This isn't really the topic for troubleshooting, but I would be glad to help more over there.

And yes, it's a reference to KOTOR. Which reminds me... I have a modded run of it active right now, but I haven't played in a few months. I should get back to that, but I've been wrapped up in Mass Effect 3 (modded) and XCOM: Enemy Within (modded with Long War and Long War Rebalance.)

EDIT: I'll throw in one other name for antivirus. F-Secure. Haven't used it myself, but I just saw a test of it today and it caught 99.9% of problems, and has a lower false positive rate. And as long as you have an internet connection, it does very well against ransomware as well.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

adamgrr
Rookie

Postby adamgrr » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:21 pm

RevanFan wrote:
adamgrr wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The patch server that the game connects to doesn't work anymore. But the patches have been uploaded on this forum, and we also have a link to EA's FTP server that has the patch. You can find it in paragraph #4 of the Starting Guide for New Players.

Generally, antivirus software often claims calhoupe's scripts are a false positive. That's likely your issue. You'll have to figure out how to whitelist either the file or the directory in which you store the file. I would suggest you Google search for the answer if it's not obvious. I've never used Webroot, so I wouldn't know. If a Google search doesn't help, the only thing I can suggest is trying a new antivirus. I always suggest either Kaspersky or BItDefender. In basically every antivirus test I've seen, they have the best results for detection, they both have free and paid versions, and they both have whitelisting capabilities. Do feel free to share those screenshots if you do reinstall everything, though I feel you should probably create a new topic in the troubleshooting forum if you do. This isn't really the topic for troubleshooting, but I would be glad to help more over there.

And yes, it's a reference to KOTOR. Which reminds me... I have a modded run of it active right now, but I haven't played in a few months. I should get back to that, but I've been wrapped up in Mass Effect 3 (modded) and XCOM: Enemy Within (modded with Long War and Long War Rebalance.)

EDIT: I'll throw in one other name for antivirus. F-Secure. Haven't used it myself, but I just saw a test of it today and it caught 99.9% of problems, and has a lower false positive rate. And as long as you have an internet connection, it does very well against ransomware as well.

Sounds great! I will post on the troubleshooting forum from now on with this stuff. I would LOVE to see video from your modded KOTOR game.

PurplePaper27
Rookie

Postby PurplePaper27 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:00 pm

not sure if you still have to do this, but hi. lol

T.R.2005
Rookie

Postby T.R.2005 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:29 pm

Wassup? Falcons fan since a toddler, loves Madden 08 for PS2 (sup to my PC lovers tho), and willing to get some help on making my own sliders.
Bit of what I work wit.

12 Minutes
Pro

STEEL_Curtain_43
Rookie

Postby STEEL_Curtain_43 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:57 pm

shiboozle21 wrote:Greetings,

I've been playing Madden since the SNES era and when I found out one of my favorite Madden games from my teenage years is able to be modded and played on my PC, I instantly started trying to make it work. Had many issues installing, configuring, preventing crashes, and FINALLY getting my PS4 controller to work properly. I am now ready to mod it to have updated rosters and see where this community has taken this game throughout the years. Bless you all for your passion.

I am curious how you your PS4 controller working. I have mine working BUT it displays Xbox icons instead of dualshock icons and I can't find a mod that replaces the texture. Do you know of one?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”