Madden PS2 modding thread

pantherofbrazil
Pro Bowl

Postby pantherofbrazil » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Guys modding the ps2 version of Madden is not impossible but it is laborious.

Recomended Files:
ISO/copy of the game :roll: (i use Madden 09)
Madmod
MYMC
PS2 Save Builder
Madden 08 pc (for compare archives)
A emulator (i use pcsx2)
UltraISO or other ISO manager

ISO
Due to limitations of 8 characters of files in DVD, compare the name of archives
Ex: STRMDATA.db (Madden 09 PS2) <------> StreamedData.db (Madden 08 PC)
BGM.dat (Madden 09 PS2) <------> Music folder (Madden 08 PC)

Original logos for custom teams:
menu1.png
menu1.png (392.46 KiB) Viewed 6831 times

'M trying to do this:
menu_proj.png
menu_proj.png (332.43 KiB) Viewed 6831 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

bmoore0208
Rookie

Re: Madden PS2 modding thread

Postby bmoore0208 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:13 am

Hey I just wanted to let you know I did all the historic teams for Madden 2004 on the ps2, here is my youtube channel featuring gameplay of historic teams https://www.youtube.com/c/Benzino021K. I wanted to know if it were possible to mod Madden 2004 for the ps2, because i wanted to add stadiums to the game like veterans stadium, the astrodome for the houston oilers, the old raiders stadium, etc. Also for the 1994 49ers, i want to implement their throwback uniforms for that year, and also as well as the 75th anniversary patch on the jersey (94 cowboys, 94 chargers). Is any of that possible? If so, what do I need to make that happen? Let me know when you can!

bmoore0208
Rookie

Postby bmoore0208 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:23 am

pantherofbrazil wrote:Guys modding the ps2 version of Madden is not impossible but it is laborious.

Recomended Files:
Madmod
MYMC
PS2 Save Builder
A emulator (i use pcsx2)

ISO
Due to limitations of 8 characters of files in DVD, compare the name of archives

menu1.png

'M trying to do this:
menu_proj.png

I wanna know how to mod for the ps2, I have all historic teams created for madden 04, I also have a youtube channel featuring gameplay of historic teams here: https://www.youtube.com/c/Benzino021K, I wanted to add stadiums as well as change some uniforms, is that at all possible?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:58 pm

bmoore0208 wrote:
pantherofbrazil wrote:Guys modding the ps2 version of Madden is not impossible but it is laborious.

Recomended Files:
Madmod
MYMC
PS2 Save Builder
A emulator (i use pcsx2)

ISO

menu1.png

'M trying to do this:
menu_proj.png

I wanna know how to mod for the ps2, I have all historic teams created for madden 04, I also have a youtube channel featuring gameplay of historic teams here: https://www.youtube.com/c/Benzino021K, I wanted to add stadiums as well as change some uniforms, is that at all possible?

I'm not sure of how the file structure for Madden 04 PS2. But I've imported playbooks & sound (in-game music) into the Madden 08 PS2 version. I haven't attempted to add newer stadiums or uniforms in the PS2 version.

For uniforms & stadiums, I'm sure you will need to know the exact file # inside of the .dat files you are replacing. Or the uniform or stadium will show up for another team. Or the game may even crash because of incompatibility. You'll just have to test. The modders here that work on stadiums & uniforms should be able to assist you in finding the default stadium ID's and uniform ID's within Madden 08. Then it's up to you to find the 04 match!

When replacing files from one .dat file into another, you'll need the DFR utility. Pay close attention to the compression/decompression file sizes. If the .dat that you are importing files into is compressed, you will need to mark the files you are importing in as compressed and also use the exact decompressed file size from that file. You will have two DFR's open. The one your importing files into, and the one you extracting files from!

You will have to rebuild you ISO file after you make any changes. I use ImgBurn for that. I suggest you only make a single change, to get your feet wet. Then test to make sure the change worked before moving forward!

esayem
Veteran

Postby esayem » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:10 am

Is it possible to relocate a team and keep their original uniforms?

Say I want to move St. Louis to LA in Madden 06 for PS2, but I don’t want the generic uniforms that come with it if I want to keep their logo.

Hype
Veteran

Postby Hype » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:45 am

It's much easier to mod uniforms now that the PS2 emulator allows texture dumping. Not sure if anyone is interested in updating logos, uniforms and possibly stadiums, but I've had some luck (Madden 12)

ghostkillers20
Rookie

Postby ghostkillers20 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:36 pm

hype do you have madden 06?

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:31 pm

our NCAANEXT team is working on a PS2 mod for Madden 06/08. I've been modding 08 data this past week. Edited through a ton of changes to modernize the internal databases so franchise works seamlessly finally among team name and city changes. I'll be working on more changes in the future. We also have a uniform team working on texture replacements for the games.
I also go by Antdroid on other forums and places.

https://www.ncaanext.com - NCAA 06 NEXT Mod
https://discord.ncaanext.com - NCAA & Madden NEXT PS2 Discord

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:09 am

minotauri wrote:our NCAANEXT team is working on a PS2 mod for Madden 06/08. I've been modding 08 data this past week. Edited through a ton of changes to modernize the internal databases so franchise works seamlessly finally among team name and city changes. I'll be working on more changes in the future. We also have a uniform team working on texture replacements for the games.

Are there any plans to mod any of the other NCAA PS2 titles along with 06?

Edit: I installed the latest version of the PCSX2 emulator. It's the best I've experienced thus far. I took a crack at dumping textures. It was simple, automated and dumped "every" texture without me having to cycle through and save individually as with Texmod. It has broken the mold and now the modding flood gates are wide open. I made some team logo'd gloves for Madden 08 pc a year ago, but I was unable to log all of the glove textures without tons of game crashes. Funny thing is, I love Madden PS2 over the PC version. So it's a no brainer to port the mod to pcsx2.

So for all you PCSX2 gamers, there's are storms of mods brewing and will be unleashed taking over the game.

Edit II: Ooooooh snap, this version has GUI, and auto updater. The Cover Downloader is a must have add-on.

Madden09User
Rookie

Postby Madden09User » Mon May 01, 2023 8:52 pm

Hello Everyone! I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I have a specific question about the .csv format.

I'm using the database editor, and I'd like to be able to assign a player multiple positions. (IE. the same player would be a linebacker and a longsnapper). I looked in some of the historic rosters to see if this was already being done (Chuck Bednarik for example) but the historic rosters are quite sloppy. ...George Blanda showed correctly as a QB and Kicker, but that's because the QB depth chart list does include kickers. It knows to look for kickers as a possible QB.

I'm looking specifically at the PPOS field in the PLAY file of the roster. Is it possible to put in two values in this field and have the game understand it? (I've tried making a player a linebacker and a fullback. I wrote in the PPOS column with a comma between the two values and a space between, but both ended up showing the player as a quarterback. He could not be put in either the linebacker depth chart or the fullback depth chart). Is it a problem how I'm writing it or is more of a matter that the game isn't coded to look for two values in that field? (So far I just know enough to be dangerous, hence why I'm posting this).

Different animal, I know, but basketball games around this time had a secondary position for the players. EA Sports made the NBA Live series and Madden, so is there any overlap? Inquiring minds hahaha

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Return to “Madden Playstation”