Help With Editing

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Help With Editing

Postby elguapo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:29 pm

wolfemac wrote:
elguapo wrote:
wolfemac wrote:
You need the hex editor to put this part of the code back that it removes to use Xtreme DB Editor.

Without that part of the code the xbox file is unreadable and comes up as ???

Is the zip file labeled "original" hex edited?

No, that one is the original file

The other file was hex edited to be able to be used with Madden Db Editor and Naz 2.0 editor

Then hex edited back to be able to be used with Madden 07 on the OgXbox

Ok, can you make a backup of the original file and then load that file with the Xtreme DB Editor (do not hex edit the file), edit a player/team save it and load it up in Madden and see if that works?

If it works I'll show you how to use NZA with the roster.

Sponsor

Sponsor

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:36 am

elguapo wrote:
wolfemac wrote:
elguapo wrote:
Is the zip file labeled "original" hex edited?

No, that one is the original file

The other file was hex edited to be able to be used with Madden Db Editor and Naz 2.0 editor

Then hex edited back to be able to be used with Madden 07 on the OgXbox

Ok, can you make a backup of the original file and then load that file with the Xtreme DB Editor (do not hex edit the file), edit a player/team save it and load it up in Madden and see if that works?

If it works I'll show you how to use NZA with the roster.

When you use the Xtreme Db Editor, it takes out part of the code from the game and makes it a separate file, I edit the roster on the Ps2 a lot and part of the code for the PS2 must be removed in order for it to be used with the DB editor and Naz Editor.

That piece of code that is removed must be put back into the file in order for it to be used by the PS2 or Xbox the PC version does not have any line of code to take out since the first line of code says DB, on it PS2 and the Xbox do not have the DB first which is why you have to remove code to gt it to the DB line.

The Ps2 version only has 4 hex edits to be used by both Db editor and Naz. The Xbox version has almost 2 lines of code that has to be removed.

The problem lies with after the editing is done and the piece of code that was taking out put back in the Xbox does not want to load up the edited file but says it is unable to load if its a franchise file or says the roster file is corrupt. While the Ps2 version loads up just fine when the code is put back in place and then loaded up on the PS2.

So the question is, is there a piece of code that needs to be change so the Xbox recognizes the edited roster, so I am thinking it must be in the xbx file and need to know what must be change for the file to be recognized after it's edited.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:52 am

I don't think you want help.

The Xtreme editor hex edits the roster/franchise for you.

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:07 am

elguapo wrote:I don't think you want help.

The Xtreme editor hex edits the roster/franchise for you.

Yes I see that now, the Xtreme Db would mess up in the process of importing Play CVS files, the file would stop working but then still load up.

It did not like the PS 2 ports of the CVS files.

I used the PC version of the Play CVS and it loaded up fine.

But it still will not load up on the Xbox, now it says the file is corrupt, so it still leaves the question of what other file needs to be edited with the save file for it to work on the Xbox.

theskawks
Rookie

Postby theskawks » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:26 am

elguapo wrote:I loaded up the FRAN-NFL1995 file with the Madden Xtreme DB Editor edited and saved the file with no issues. I don't own an Xbox so I can't test it on an Xbox.

Which program did you use to originally edit the roster? If the above method doesn't work then I think the one of the XBX files is being used as check method for the Fran file.

Hey elguapo,

I have been having the same problems getting the original Xbox to not load custom roster files.

I would be glad to help you with any questions you might have. In short, I have found an official roster that loads perfectly fine, but then if I change even one value in a hex editor on this roster file, it is "unable to load".

I went through hours and hours of trial and error, and I don't believe it's anything to do with your editor. Basically, I have an official Xbox roster that works, and a custom roster that works on PC and PS2 versions but not Xbox. Like I said I messed around for hours, and I found in a hex editor that each time you import a CSV for DCHT, PLAY, and TEAM, it does change a couple of values, 1 location for each CSV, making 3 independent locations different if you import all 3 of those CSVs. (I do have the Hex Locations of these if you are interested). I copied the values from the roster that did work, into the 3 locations where it was different, and alas, the roster file still didn't work.

That's where I thought I'd take the roster file that worked, and just edit one letter in a name in the PLAY CSV. I did that, and aside from the letter change of course, it also changed the few values it does when importing a PLAY CSV. (Again, I have the location.) So I tried NOT changing it all, and copying the values that work from Official roster file. BOTH of them did not work, leaving me at a loss. LITERALLY one change in one hex value breaks the working Official save and makes it "unable to load".

As for the .xbx files, the SaveMeta one is just one line of text that reads like "Title=Rost-______" and the TitleImage.xbx file is an image file. Although MAYBE there is some more code other then an image in this file? I think that is where I'm leading next, but I'm not certain.

I hope any of this helps, and if you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them for you. I am totally baffled.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:07 am

theskawks wrote:
elguapo wrote:I loaded up the FRAN-NFL1995 file with the Madden Xtreme DB Editor edited and saved the file with no issues. I don't own an Xbox so I can't test it on an Xbox.

Which program did you use to originally edit the roster? If the above method doesn't work then I think the one of the XBX files is being used as check method for the Fran file.

Hey elguapo,

I have been having the same problems getting the original Xbox to not load custom roster files.

I would be glad to help you with any questions you might have. In short, I have found an official roster that loads perfectly fine, but then if I change even one value in a hex editor on this roster file, it is "unable to load".

I went through hours and hours of trial and error, and I don't believe it's anything to do with your editor. Basically, I have an official Xbox roster that works, and a custom roster that works on PC and PS2 versions but not Xbox. Like I said I messed around for hours, and I found in a hex editor that each time you import a CSV for DCHT, PLAY, and TEAM, it does change a couple of values, 1 location for each CSV, making 3 independent locations different if you import all 3 of those CSVs. (I do have the Hex Locations of these if you are interested). I copied the values from the roster that did work, into the 3 locations where it was different, and alas, the roster file still didn't work.

That's where I thought I'd take the roster file that worked, and just edit one letter in a name in the PLAY CSV. I did that, and aside from the letter change of course, it also changed the few values it does when importing a PLAY CSV. (Again, I have the location.) So I tried NOT changing it all, and copying the values that work from Official roster file. BOTH of them did not work, leaving me at a loss. LITERALLY one change in one hex value breaks the working Official save and makes it "unable to load".

As for the .xbx files, the SaveMeta one is just one line of text that reads like "Title=Rost-______" and the TitleImage.xbx file is an image file. Although MAYBE there is some more code other then an image in this file? I think that is where I'm leading next, but I'm not certain.

I hope any of this helps, and if you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them for you. I am totally baffled.

Are you able to edit players within Madden? If so save the original roster with no edits. Save the xbx files as well and copy them to another location.

Then edit the name of one player and save the roster. Now compare the edited roster and xbx files with the originalz and see if there is any difference in the roster and or the xbx files.

theskawks
Rookie

Postby theskawks » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Yeah, that was also one of my next ideas. I'm having problems with FTP'ing to my old Xbox, so I can put files on the hard drive by disc, but can't take anything off of the Xbox. I recently got an adapter for this problem so I'm just going to bring the saves to PC through controller port/memory card.

I'll be sure and post the differences and the roster files, if you need, in the next few days. :)

Thanks your for reply.

Return to “Madden Xbox”