Getting Rid Of The Overcast Sunny Sky Replacing It With The Blue Sky

Any ideas for mods go here!
MarqueePCGaming
All-Pro

Postby MarqueePCGaming » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:25 pm

It would be a good idea by changing the sky color for sunny weather. I want to get rid of that gray overcast sunny weather for Stadium Preview and also Practice and going into a real game. I tried TexMod but I can't extract all the sunny weather sky textures the game freezes up on me. I only extracted the cloud textures from TexMod. I tried pressing Shift + * I still can't find all the sky textures to extract. For the .DAT files from FF/FI mods I can't find the sunny weather sky textures. I don't know where there located the .DAT files I'm talking about. Also for the 7:00PM sunny weather games I want to replace that orange sky change it to blue sky for 1st Quarter and 2nd Quarter it be night time in the 3rd Quarter, 4th Quarter & Overtime like in real life. I tried that .TPF file somebody posted it to this website the Sunny Weather .TPF file but it doesn't work for me.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Getting Rid Of The Overcast Sunny Sky Replacing It With The Blue Sky

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:03 pm

MarqueePCGaming wrote:It would be a good idea by changing the sky color for sunny weather. I want to get rid of that gray overcast sunny weather for Stadium Preview and also Practice and going into a real game. I tried TexMod but I can't extract all the sunny weather sky textures the game freezes up on me. I only extracted the cloud textures from TexMod. I tried pressing Shift + * I still can't find all the sky textures to extract. For the .DAT files from FF/FI mods I can't find the sunny weather sky textures. I don't know where there located the .DAT files I'm talking about. Also for the 7:00PM sunny weather games I want to replace that orange sky change it to blue sky for 1st Quarter and 2nd Quarter it be night time in the 3rd Quarter, 4th Quarter & Overtime like in real life. I tried that .TPF file somebody posted it to this website the Sunny Weather .TPF file but it doesn't work for me.

I've been logging textures for my NBA mod. First, the tpf you mentioned is called "sunnyfields.tpf", not sunny weather. I have that and when I extracted those textures, there are only two grass textures in that tpf, not the sky textures. I don't use it much, but I think you set video depth to 32-bit to see the brighter field. It does work though.

For those time of day textures, I think there are 3, one for day time, dusk and night. If you go into a exhibition game, change to custom weather, there edit the temperature to max, no wind or rain to get the brightest day texture. Tweak rain/snow to get more or less cloud cover. The lighting for the early games 1pm, 2:30, use the same daylight texture. The 4:15 and 7pm use the dusk texture. The 8:30 use the nigt texture.

And I hear you on the logging textures with so many crashes. It's horrible to say the least. But see if tweaking the custom weather temp and rain to get other sky/weather textures to show up for logging. I've seen the different clouds. sun glare and such, but never considered logging those textures. I'll keep you in mind going forward.

MarqueePCGaming
All-Pro

Postby MarqueePCGaming » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:59 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
MarqueePCGaming wrote:It would be a good idea by changing the sky color for sunny weather. I want to get rid of that gray overcast sunny weather for Stadium Preview and also Practice and going into a real game. I tried TexMod but I can't extract all the sunny weather sky textures the game freezes up on me. I only extracted the cloud textures from TexMod. I tried pressing Shift + * I still can't find all the sky textures to extract. For the .DAT files from FF/FI mods I can't find the sunny weather sky textures. I don't know where there located the .DAT files I'm talking about. Also for the 7:00PM sunny weather games I want to replace that orange sky change it to blue sky for 1st Quarter and 2nd Quarter it be night time in the 3rd Quarter, 4th Quarter & Overtime like in real life. I tried that .TPF file somebody posted it to this website the Sunny Weather .TPF file but it doesn't work for me.

I've been logging textures for my NBA mod. First, the tpf you mentioned is called "sunnyfields.tpf", not sunny weather. I have that and when I extracted those textures, there are only two grass textures in that tpf, not the sky textures. I don't use it much, but I think you set video depth to 32-bit to see the brighter field. It does work though.

For those time of day textures, I think there are 3, one for day time, dusk and night. If you go into a exhibition game, change to custom weather, there edit the temperature to max, no wind or rain to get the brightest day texture. Tweak rain/snow to get more or less cloud cover. The lighting for the early games 1pm, 2:30, use the same daylight texture. The 4:15 and 7pm use the dusk texture. The 8:30 use the nigt texture.

And I hear you on the logging textures with so many crashes. It's horrible to say the least. But see if tweaking the custom weather temp and rain to get other sky/weather textures to show up for logging. I've seen the different clouds. sun glare and such, but never considered logging those textures. I'll keep you in mind going forward.

When I play Madden 08 on my TV the PC version I can get the blue sky for sunny weather days for 1:00PM, 2:30PM and 4:15PM without rain added and without snow added when I'm on Exhibition. I can get blue sky sunny weather on Franchise mode, Situation mode & Practice mode. For me the Madden 08 graphics on my TV it's alright it's a little bit more realistic less cartoony but for the Madden 08 screenshots I took it still shows the gray overcast sunny weather. It is what it is. The 7:00PM time it shows the bright orange sunset dusk. I'm just gonna rock wit it. I have my Texture Depth on 32. Thanks for helping me out.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:56 am

MarqueePCGaming wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

When I play Madden 08 on my TV the PC version I can get the blue sky for sunny weather days for 1:00PM, 2:30PM and 4:15PM without rain added and without snow added when I'm on Exhibition. I can get blue sky sunny weather on Franchise mode, Situation mode & Practice mode. For me the Madden 08 graphics on my TV it's alright it's a little bit more realistic less cartoony but for the Madden 08 screenshots I took it still shows the gray overcast sunny weather. It is what it is. The 7:00PM time it shows the bright orange sunset dusk. I'm just gonna rock wit it. I have my Texture Depth on 32. Thanks for helping me out.

What I was saying, is to get your overcast type weather you tweak the rain/snow to get more clouds and less sun, if you wanted to attempt to log the cloudy/overcast textures. Like if you move the precipitation slider to the far right, you get serious overcast, no sun and the thunder storm effects. If you do, I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

Return to “Mod Ideas”