How to add snow or wet fields to FFXXII mod

Any ideas for mods go here!
Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue May 03, 2022 10:17 pm

Just simply replace the Stadata.dat from FFXXII with the same file from XMOD.... I have been doing this for a while now and have had no issues....

I suggest that this become a permanent part of the FFXXII mod.....

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: How to add snow or wet fields to FFXXII mod

Postby elguapo » Sat May 07, 2022 2:56 am

Rixster67r wrote:Just simply replace the Stadata.dat from FFXXII with the same file from XMOD.... I have been doing this for a while now and have had no issues....

Awesome.

I know there was a reason why the FF mod removed the weather fields. I believe the Xmod fields are full fields so TexMod gurus could easily update the fields.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:18 pm

elguapo wrote:
Rixster67r wrote:Just simply replace the Stadata.dat from FFXXII with the same file from XMOD.... I have been doing this for a while now and have had no issues....

Awesome.

I know there was a reason why the FF mod removed the weather fields. I believe the Xmod fields are full fields so TexMod gurus could easily update the fields.

This worked for one stadium but for another the field was completely black.

EDIT: When I loaded the Packers stadium it gave me the same black field as the Bills until after the kickoff, then it worked. It works with the Broncos and Packers stadiums, not with the Bills or Chiefs.
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_9_2023 7_20_16 PM.png
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_9_2023 7_20_16 PM.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 1274 times
Attachments
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_9_2023 7_26_43 PM.png
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_9_2023 7_26_43 PM.png (3.38 MiB) Viewed 1272 times

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:23 pm

The black fields is an bug with the FF mod and it is believed it's due to the fact the the mod tried to go "HD" but Madden can't handle "HD" textures.

I once tried to give the team logos three mipmaps but my screen turned white. Once I only added two mipmaps I didn't get the white screen.

That is the reason for starting the X mod v3. Not only will it be a whole lot easier to mod through Texmod but Texmod could handle the "HD" graphics instead of Madden thus eliminating the black field bug.

EDIT:
Now that I remember, the black fields may be caused by calhoupe's scripts and not the FF mod. I haven't run the scripts with the Xmod and I haven't seen that bug.

Return to “Mod Ideas”