An updated On-Field QB voice pack?

Any ideas for mods go here!
TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:33 pm

Spitballing here, but is it possible to exchange the voices for the snap count from M21 to Madden 08?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Harry97
All-Pro

Re: An updated On-Field QB voice pack?

Postby Harry97 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:44 am

Has anyone located the sound files for the QB voices at the line of scrimmage? Like the sounds of Hut, Hike, and the sounds QBs make for Audibles?

It would be cool if we could find those sounds in the .DAT and replace these generic QB sounds with current NFL QB voices, like Derek Carr's "180 set" for hut or hike, and "We're Good, We're Good" when an audible is selected.

@MikeWest502 I know you did some work with the sound files, do you know where these generic voices are and how to import custom sounds to replace them?

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:37 pm

Harry97 wrote:Has anyone located the sound files for the QB voices at the line of scrimmage? Like the sounds of Hut, Hike, and the sounds QBs make for Audibles?

It would be cool if we could find those sounds in the .DAT and replace these generic QB sounds with current NFL QB voices, like Derek Carr's "180 set" for hut or hike, and "We're Good, We're Good" when an audible is selected.

@MikeWest502 I know you did some work with the sound files, do you know where these generic voices are and how to import custom sounds to replace them?

Did you ever find these? EA uses skin tones to distinguish voices but I don't know much else. I did find a bunch of QB cadence audio files though, we'd need a white guy and a black guy.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:52 am

TheRareButter wrote:Did you ever find these? EA uses skin tones to distinguish voices but I don't know much else. I did find a bunch of QB cadence audio files though, we'd need a white guy and a black guy.

No I haven't, but admittedly I haven't really looked that hard. Been busy with too much other stuff. I was hoping someone might know more about the audio files which is why I asked. It's gotta be there somewhere in one of the .DATs. If the QB LOS sounds are distinguished by skin tones, I wonder if we can edit that somehow so two QBs playing with the same skin tone in the same game can have different voices. How cool would it be to hear Carr's voice at the LOS but the other QBs voice as well in the same game. We gotta look into the audio files to see what we can find and get some custom QB voices in there.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:45 am

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:Did you ever find these? EA uses skin tones to distinguish voices but I don't know much else. I did find a bunch of QB cadence audio files though, we'd need a white guy and a black guy.

No I haven't, but admittedly I haven't really looked that hard. Been busy with too much other stuff. I was hoping someone might know more about the audio files which is why I asked. It's gotta be there somewhere in one of the .DATs. If the QB LOS sounds are distinguished by skin tones, I wonder if we can edit that somehow so two QBs playing with the same skin tone in the same game can have different voices. How cool would it be to hear Carr's voice at the LOS but the other QBs voice as well in the same game. We gotta look into the audio files to see what we can find and get some custom QB voices in there.

My guess is that they're located in the SPCHDATA considering it's got over 13,000 files. If I can find a program that can mass convert all these files into WAV with a click of a button I'll listen to every file, but I haven't found a program yet. VLC is capable, but it doesn't automatically rename each file according to the dat #, instead it wants to save every file as one name. Converting 13,000 files one by one wouldn't be worth it.

Once we find the files it's as simple as finding real life cadences, converting to wav then asf, then swapping in DFR.

A "White 80" in place of "Hut" and "Set Go" or in place of "Hike".

I think college or CFL QBs would fit best instead of NFL. Someone unrecognizable yet generic. It'd be weird to have Derek Carr with Aaron Rodgers's voice.

Return to “Mod Ideas”