XFL mod?

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: XFL mod?

Postby elguapo » Sat May 15, 2021 10:12 pm

Borgaster wrote:
elguapo wrote:If you're missing uniforms you can use the uniforms in the Xmod. If the uniforms are TPFs then convert the TPF uniforms into dat.

elguapo, thanks for your attention, the problem is that Nixaxe created a lot of differrent teams with XFL teams. This is the special thing in this mod ! The other problem is that i am a real dumb to do this that you wrote. I don't know use these tools correctly ! The mod need another file that navygoat1998 unfortunately don't found.

Well let me look at it and I'll see if I can substitute the missing unis with the ones in the Xmod.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu May 20, 2021 11:01 pm

Borgaster wrote:
elguapo wrote:
Borgaster wrote:
elguapo, thanks for your attention, the problem is that Nixaxe created a lot of differrent teams with XFL teams. This is the special thing in this mod ! The other problem is that i am a real dumb to do this that you wrote. I don't know use these tools correctly ! The mod need another file that navygoat1998 unfortunately don't found.

Well let me look at it and I'll see if I can substitute the missing unis with the ones in the Xmod.

elguapo, if you repair this mod, i will be grateful to you forever(Lol).

Ha ha sure, how much money do you have? Just kidding.

It looks like the uniforms are created uniforms so the missing uniforms should follow the mod uniforms. Ripping the created uniforms and adding them following the TUNI table should somewhat replace the missing uniforms. Some missing items might include the helmet design, uniform decals and number font.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 pm

This is a fix for the missing uniforms. The missing XFL uniforms were taken from the X mod and the rest of the team's missing uniforms were ripped from created teams.

I only did the home/away.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qa18n1gzymnmr92/Missing+Uniforms.zip/file

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:57 pm

Borgaster wrote:
elguapo wrote:This is a fix for the missing uniforms. The missing XFL uniforms were taken from the X mod and the rest of the team's missing uniforms were ripped from created teams.

I only did the home/away.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qa18n1gzymnmr92/Missing+Uniforms.zip/file

elguapo, thank you very much, you did a great job, but some teams appear with the NFL uniforms and when i start the game with some teams the game freeze. I use JSGME to load the mod and run the XFL.tpf with TexMod. I followed the insctrutions that you put in README and i imported correctly MissingUNIs.IMPORT for UNIFORMS.dat. I am making something wrong? Thank you !

Only the home and away team uniforms were added so alternate uniforms are still going to have missing uniforms which could lead to a crash.

You could look at the TUNI table and add the missing uniforms to the IMPORT file to add the alternate uniforms. I found it unnecessary to add the same uniform in the alternate slots ( even tho I did it for the xfl missing uniforms ).

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:58 pm

Borgaster wrote:
elguapo wrote:
Borgaster wrote:
elguapo, thank you very much, you did a great job, but some teams appear with the NFL uniforms and when i start the game with some teams the game freeze. I use JSGME to load the mod and run the XFL.tpf with TexMod. I followed the insctrutions that you put in README and i imported correctly MissingUNIs.IMPORT for UNIFORMS.dat. I am making something wrong? Thank you !

Only the home and away team uniforms were added so alternate uniforms are still going to have missing uniforms which could lead to a crash.

You could look at the TUNI table and add the missing uniforms to the IMPORT file to add the alternate uniforms. I found it unnecessary to add the same uniform in the alternate slots ( even tho I did it for the xfl missing uniforms ).

elguapo, sorry, but i don't find the files. uni for these teams that i writing for you. For exemple, have teams called Cretins, Jokers, Samurais and etc that appear with NFL uniforms. In Cretins, for exemple, appear the uniform of Green Bay Packers. I don't find files .uni for these teams in the Missing Uniforms folder. I tried put the uniforms created by Nixaxe for these teams but don't work.

You need to install the uniforms from the nixaxe downloads. Then install the missing uniforms.

Edit

Use this IMPORT file to add nixaxes uniforms. Download and rename the file extension to IMPORT. Then place it in the missing uniforms and run the script.
NixaxesUNIS.zip
Rename ZIP to IMPORT
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

You will need to add leading zeros to nixaxes uniforms.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:36 am

I would not recommend using JSGME to swap mods. I would only use JSGME to swap small files within the Madden folder.

I would instead use the Madden Mod Swapper wich only renames folder names instead of deleting and moving the DAT files.

Also don't mix and match mods (unless you are sure of what you're doing) because mods are dependent on the DATs they come with. Mixing mods could overwrite other mods DATs.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:30 pm

I don't think the problem is uMod, I think the problem is using JSGME to swap mods.

Rename your current Madden NFL 08 folder to Madden NFL 08 FFmod.

Run Madden and a brand new Madden NFL 08 folder will be created. Exit Madden for now.

Install Madden Mod Swap to swap between Madden mods (use the Windows 10 version). Edit the MMS.ini file with these settings: (use your paths to files or folders)

[MAINAPP]
C:\Program Files\EA Sports\mainapp.exe

[MADDENFLDR]
C:\Documents\Madden NFL 08

[MADPREFIX]
Madden NFL 08

[ACTIVEMOD]

[MODS]
FFmod

Now run Madden Mod Swap and swap between the default install and the FFmod and let me know your results.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:05 am

Use the IMPORT file from above. It is a ZIP file but rename it IMPORT once you download it.

Edit the IMPORT file with a text editor like notepad. Remove the leading zeros from the uniform names (I believe it's two zeros) and save it.

Place a copy of the UNIFORMS.dat file in Nixaxe uniform folder, place a copy of the IMPORT file. Now run DBR4.exe and run the IMPORT script. Once the UNIFORM.dat file is patched, place it in the My documents\Madden NFL 08 folder.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:40 am

Borgaster wrote:
elguapo wrote:Use the IMPORT file from above. It is a ZIP file but rename it IMPORT once you download it.

Edit the IMPORT file with a text editor like notepad. Remove the leading zeros from the uniform names (I believe it's two zeros) and save it.

Place a copy of the UNIFORMS.dat file in Nixaxe uniform folder, place a copy of the IMPORT file. Now run DBR4.exe and run the IMPORT script. Once the UNIFORM.dat file is patched, place it in the My documents\Madden NFL 08 folder.

elguapo, i made, but the problem continues.Not matter, unfortunately i will delete this mod. The fact is that Nixaxes created a really good mod. Cool teams, cool uniforms and you fixed it but is a shame that this problem occurs but maybe for others peoples that have more experience in mods like you the mod works fine. Thank you for the your hard work and thank you for try help me. In the X Mod has the old XFL and the new XFL and maybe one day any modder create another good mod for XFL. elguapo, add the Leagues that Pantherofbrazil are creating in the X Mod(best mod for Madden 08) because the mod will stay more cool yet. Thank you very much elguapo and i am really grateful for what you did. For the people that have Doug Flutie's Maximum Football this guy is creating a good mod about XFL for this game(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EquzUUNiv5U). I know that has a XFL mod for Madden 20 but in my opinion the mod is horrible. Again, thank you elguapo and good luck with your projects !

Try using a clean copy of nixaxes roster and try again. I didn't experience any problems but then again I just made sure the uniforms showed up.

Alternatively, you can use Bigdaddycool's all inclusive mod. He has the XFL and TPF files for the XFL stadiums and uniforms.

Are you looking for a roster that is franchise ready using the XFL teams? If so, let me know which teams you want on a roster to create a franchise and and I'll upload for you.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:25 pm

Borgaster wrote:
elguapo wrote:
Borgaster wrote:
elguapo, i made, but the problem continues.Not matter, unfortunately i will delete this mod. The fact is that Nixaxes created a really good mod. Cool teams, cool uniforms and you fixed it but is a shame that this problem occurs but maybe for others peoples that have more experience in mods like you the mod works fine. Thank you for the your hard work and thank you for try help me. In the X Mod has the old XFL and the new XFL and maybe one day any modder create another good mod for XFL. elguapo, add the Leagues that Pantherofbrazil are creating in the X Mod(best mod for Madden 08) because the mod will stay more cool yet. Thank you very much elguapo and i am really grateful for what you did. For the people that have Doug Flutie's Maximum Football this guy is creating a good mod about XFL for this game(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EquzUUNiv5U). I know that has a XFL mod for Madden 20 but in my opinion the mod is horrible. Again, thank you elguapo and good luck with your projects !

Try using a clean copy of nixaxes roster and try again. I didn't experience any problems but then again I just made sure the uniforms showed up.

Alternatively, you can use Bigdaddycool's all inclusive mod. He has the XFL and TPF files for the XFL stadiums and uniforms.

Are you looking for a roster that is franchise ready using the XFL teams? If so, let me know which teams you want on a roster to create a franchise and and I'll upload for you.

elguapo, i have the mod of Bigdaddycool's but the only pity in this mod is that him don't has a main menu. Okay, is possible you create a list with the teams of XFL 2001 and XFL 2021 using the main menu of Nixaxes ? If yes, you will solve my problem forever(Lol). Thank you elguapo because you're don't desist to try help the people. Have a good Sunday !

What we need to fix is your uniforms to use nixaxes mod. Even if I put the roster together for you it would be unplayable because your nixaxe uniforms are missing.

Return to “Archive + Q&A”