M08 Camera Angle Identical to 2023 FOF

Modifying Madden 08.
TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:41 pm

Found a camera angle in M08 that looks nearly identical to the 2023 FOF camera angle. In the pic below I could see the entire stadium and mimick the view I had playing real football in high school

M08 with 2023 QB FOF Camera Clip
Attachments
Mozilla Firefox 1_30_2023 10_31_54 PM.png
Madden 23 Camera Angle, EA finally got something right.
Mozilla Firefox 1_30_2023 10_31_54 PM.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1581 times
Movies & TV 1_30_2023 10_32_45 PM.png
Really it's the post snap aspect of it, I typically use "Zoom" but this shows the environment much better imo.
Movies & TV 1_30_2023 10_32_45 PM.png (2 MiB) Viewed 1581 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Re: M08 Camera Angle Identical to 2023 FOF

Postby ycleped » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:19 am

I'd absolutely love to have this angle playable! Anyone know how to find the camera address?
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:47 pm

ycleped wrote:I'd absolutely love to have this angle playable! Anyone know how to find the camera address?

I found the angle within Calhoupes Scripts, but there's an issue. Prior to each drive and on kickoffs the angle is off. It corrects itself after the ball is snapped and snap back into place, but not quick enough for it to be 100% playable.

Here's the locked angle:
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_10_2023 7_44_34 PM.png
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_10_2023 7_44_34 PM.png (3.92 MiB) Viewed 1275 times

Here's the defensive view:
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_10_2023 7_47_32 PM.png
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_10_2023 7_47_32 PM.png (3.77 MiB) Viewed 1275 times

Here's the issue angle:
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_10_2023 7_57_14 PM.png
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_10_2023 7_57_14 PM.png (3.84 MiB) Viewed 1275 times

To use this angle download the "Calhoupe Cheat Table and Scripts for Madden 08.zip" at the very bottom of this page, and open up cheat engine and click the folder button.

Then click on the folder at the top and load the "All Scripts" and minus the pop ups.

In the address windows at the bottom, scroll all the way down and find "Enable SS Camera Offense" (with madden open and tied with CE)

Don't click the main button, but click every button below it other than the bottom 3 "Keep camera from flipping" options and "enables looking left and right during play".

Then you're good to go.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:14 pm

TheRareButter wrote:There's a bunch of tutorials on YouTube for camera hacking if you know what you're doing. Calhoupe would be the one to ask since he has already hacked the "Television Broadcast" angle on his cheat engine scripts.

The tricky part of this is that it angle is a post snap angle. (unless from shotgun or punt?) From under center it's the normal view so I think you'd need to pause the game to find the address.

In the video I posted when getting closer or farther from the camera when scrambling it shows that it isn't only locked on the player it's locked on the back of the end zone as well.

I didn't know there were a bunch of tutorials on youtube for camera hacking for Madden 08. Post some links if you have any.

I've done more camera hacking for NCAA 06 than probably anyone has in either Madden or NCAA besides Calhoupe. I've hacked the demo camera and found some hidden camera features for the regular cameras. What I've found requires cheat engine hotkeys as you play. What I would suggest to anyone trying to hack the camera in Madden 08 PC is to use PCSX2 and one of the PS2 Maddens to search for codes, It's easier that way because unlike PC games you can search in real-time without having to ALT-TAB to switch back and forth to Cheat Engine. In PCSX2 you can have a window open with the game running while searching for codes in CE so that's more convenient. And it's easier to notice changes to the cameras when you search that allow you to locate codes and then when you change values in the addresses you find you can see if anyone of them mod the cameras in real-time. Once you find some camera codes for PS2 Madden, that you know what they do on PS2 Madden, then you can know what values to search for in Madden 08 PC as they are probably the same.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:00 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:There's a bunch of tutorials on YouTube for camera hacking if you know what you're doing. Calhoupe would be the one to ask since he has already hacked the "Television Broadcast" angle on his cheat engine scripts.

The tricky part of this is that it angle is a post snap angle. (unless from shotgun or punt?) From under center it's the normal view so I think you'd need to pause the game to find the address.

In the video I posted when getting closer or farther from the camera when scrambling it shows that it isn't only locked on the player it's locked on the back of the end zone as well.

I didn't know there were a bunch of tutorials on youtube for camera hacking for Madden 08. Post some links if you have any.

Not for M08, just basic cheat engine tutorials. I assume since they use the same engine that this angle is on NCAA too, idk how the addresses work or if they're the same or not though.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:42 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
Harry97 wrote:

Not for M08, just basic cheat engine tutorials. I assume since they use the same engine that this angle is on NCAA too, idk how the addresses work or if they're the same or not though.

The addresses wouldn't be the same from game to game, but the values probably would be. So if you find certain camera mod codes on Madden 12 PS2 (or maybe even on NCAA PS2) in PCSX2 then if you search those default values on Madden 08 PC you should be able to find them easier. In my experience it's easier to search for and find CE codes when running PS2 games than in PC games because you can have both PCSX2 and CE windowed and running at the same time. There is a windowed mode for Madden 08 PC but it may not be as easy to see the changes in-game from value changes in CE than with PCSX2.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:48 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
Harry97 wrote:I didn't know there were a bunch of tutorials on youtube for camera hacking for Madden 08. Post some links if you have any.

The addresses wouldn't be the same from game to game, but the values probably would be. So if you find certain camera mod codes on Madden 12 PS2 (or maybe even on NCAA PS2) chances are that if you search those values on Madden 08 PC you can find them easier. In my experience it's easier to search for and find CE codes when running PS2 games than in PC games because you can have both PCSX2 and CE windowed and running at the same time. There is a windowed mode for Madden 08 PC but it may not be as easy to see the changes in-game from value changes in CE than with PCSX2.

If someone cracks camera angle code M08 could even have first person football like NFL 2K5 had. Really need a new cheat engine guy since Calhoupe is too busy these days. It's well above my pay grade.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:16 pm

TheRareButter wrote:If someone cracks camera angle code M08 could even have first person football like NFL 2K5 had. Really need a new cheat engine guy since Calhoupe is too busy these days. It's well above my pay grade.

It's not as hard as you think once you learn how to search for codes. I can definitely help you search for codes in Madden, because I know how to find them in NCAA and the same process I've already been successful with there should yield results. That's definitely a road I can go down. I have no real incentive to search for codes in Madden 08 PC because I don't play it very often. NCAA 06 is my main game, so my focus is only on that, but when it comes to modding the camera, I don't see any reason why I can't reproduce in Madden what I've already achieved in NCAA.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:24 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:If someone cracks camera angle code M08 could even have first person football like NFL 2K5 had. Really need a new cheat engine guy since Calhoupe is too busy these days. It's well above my pay grade.

It's not as hard as you think once you learn how to search for codes. I can definitely help you search for codes in Madden, because I know how to find them in NCAA and the same process I've already been successful with there should yield results. That's definitely a road I can go down. I have no real incentive to search for codes in Madden 08 PC because I don't play it very often. NCAA 06 is my main game, so my focus is only on that, but when it comes to modding the camera, I don't see any reason why I can't reproduce in Madden what I've already achieved in NCAA.

What are the steps? I'm willing to give it a go, but cheat engine is a whole new language.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:44 pm

TheRareButter wrote:What are the steps? I'm willing to give it a go, but cheat engine is a whole new language.

You just have to learn how to search for codes in cheat engine, with the game running. Here are the basics : with the game running, you open up Cheat Engine, select Madden in the list of processes. Before you search, you set your search parameters. To find codes, it's usually best to search for Single-byte values (with Hexidecimal selected). Single-byte is the smallest possible value, and only really works with Hexidecimal. In most cases it's best to search for single-byte values with it set to hexidecimal instead of decimal. Single-byte hex is 00-FF. i.e. 00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F --- then 10,11,12, etc until FF. With Single-byte you can usually (but not always) observe the changes easier and find more codes. Sometimes searching for 2-byte is better, as certain codes are grouped together in 2s, but start with single-byte until you find some codes.

With Single-Byte and Hexidecimal selected, you're ready to start searching for codes in Madden. With the game running and Madden selected, you search single-byte values between between 00-FF. (you have to specify your search range of 00 to FF) You then find ways to make certain changes in-game then search for changed values in CE after the change is made in-game. Keep making changes, then keep searching for changed values, sometimes do nothing in-game and mix in an unchanged value search to reduce your results, which narrows down your search list to the codes that you need. Then once your list is small enough, you add addresses and start changing the values of those addresses in Cheat Engine and see if that makes changes in-game.

You just need to think of cheat engine as a way to find addresses / codes in Madden that control in-game actions. Cheat Engine allows you find codes for things that change in-game. It's really as simple as that. I can help you more if you are having any trouble finding codes. Just let me know.

Return to “Modding”