The "College Football Dynasty in a Madden game" theory.

Modifying Madden 08.
TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:14 pm

This could be a major step in the right direction for any NCAA football fans who want to use a college format in Madden.

I can confirm that it's possible to have 90% of the league retire in 4 seasons.

I mass edited everyone's age to 31, then set the retirement weights in the PLRP table (located in the strmdata for HC, streamdata for Madden) to 8 for every position. After 4 seasons each team only had 5-7 5th year players. If I set the retirement weight any higher every game ended 0-0, I assume this is due to mass injuries, so the sliders are going to be needed to add this theory to any mod.

Next I'll test if the game can run 30 seasons, and every team has enough players, with such a heavy retirement demand. In order to do that I'll need to mass edit every player in all 30 draft classes to age 31.

The only issue is progression. If you raise the age of when players start to regress then nobody will ever retire. For a college mod, it may be ok due to college athletes being lower overall than professional athletes, but wouldn't be right to see young players progressing backwards.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Modding”