Modifying Madden 08.
rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: 2021-2022 NFL SCHEDULE, SALARY CAP AND MIN SALARY

Postby rogerjinx » Sun May 16, 2021 10:59 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
None at the moment. Have tried to add the result of actual Week 1 games (Week 4 of preseason) in the TEAM table going into the regular season and it doesnt register in the standings. Will still find a way or trick it. Last resort is it might need to be added in the Calhoupe's script.

Edit: It does register in the team standings but it doesnt arrange the order properly and it doesnt show in the Play Week screen.
Like, I put 1 win for example for Eagles before playing Week 1 but it doesnt put them on top of NFC East table.
It is definitely controlled by the results in SCHD table.

I was actually going to ask if there was a way those games counted.
I can contact calhoupe and see if he can work on the script, he's been around and said he might come back to working on the program but told me he's been busy lately.

Open the franchise in Amp. Open the schedule, change the weight of the last pre-season game to 25 (I think)!

I tried this one the other day, and it wont let me proceed to the regular season. I think the script the only solution. (cross fingers)

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 16, 2021 11:35 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:I was actually going to ask if there was a way those games counted.
I can contact calhoupe and see if he can work on the script, he's been around and said he might come back to working on the program but told me he's been busy lately.

If he does have the time to come back for a bit and put out another update, I'll have to contact him about consistent crashes I've been getting for years on both 1.69 and 1.70. The script to change how blocked extra points work no longer functions properly, at least for me, and crashes the game whenever a kick is blocked. Obviously, though, real life is far more important than a super old sports game.

Also, for some reason, 1.70 changes the kickoff FORMATIONS, not just the rules. The new formation it uses makes getting good returns much more difficult. And it's not really accurate as far as I can tell. I can't remember a team using a kickoff return formation with two returners on the same yard line in recent memory. Only safety returns use that formation. I don't know why he changed the formation specifically, but I've always been hoping he'd change it back if he ever put out a new update.

I've been blocking more and more kicks recently and it's never crashed on me. Have you tried a different version of the scripts program?

As I said, I've tried both versions 1.69 and 1.70. Whenever I block an extra point, it always freezes. Every single time.

I haven't gone back further than those two though.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:44 pm

Well, to no avail. The Season will not advance pass preseason Week 4 (which is Week 1 Regular Season created by Rogerjinx). I even tried to do it with
Mad Mod X Scheduler 20. I had pretty good set up and everything was in line. I save as CSV (which converted the string to TEAM ID's (#). For some reason it went kaput when I took the bye week away. Then I tried doing what MikeWest said and it only produces 4 weeks of preseason and no advancement. So all of the suggestions have failed. I only know one more (keep the 17 week season with the bye by changing all games to match omitting the 17th game (GIANTS) game and just playing 16 for all 32 teams. Or we wait for a true solution by all us savvy chaps to come up with one. No worries for me though. I have to wait for September anyways as we play as real life on my FACEBOOK page. Plenty of time to solve.
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:02 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:I was actually going to ask if there was a way those games counted.

Open the franchise in Amp. Open the schedule, change the weight of the last pre-season game to 25 (I think)!

I tried this one the other day, and it wont let me proceed to the regular season. I think the script the only solution. (cross fingers)

That makes sense, Madden 08 is programmed to have a 4 game pre-season!

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Wed May 19, 2021 11:46 am

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:I only know one more (keep the 17 week season with the bye by changing all games to match omitting the 17th game (GIANTS) game and just playing 16 for all 32 teams.

Another option is to try to play 17 games in 17 weeks for each team with no bye.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:43 am

only problem with that is getting what teams have the same bye weeks to work. Also you could give the bye week the last preseason game to all teams, only Pittsburgh and Dallas would have 4 because of HOF game.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:37 am

lorak wrote:
DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:I only know one more (keep the 17 week season with the bye by changing all games to match omitting the 17th game (GIANTS) game and just playing 16 for all 32 teams.

Another option is to try to play 17 games in 17 weeks for each team with no bye.

Okay here is the list of all team byes. I can expand each Week to 16 games (some weeks are 15 games (with 2 byed), 14 games (with 4 byed), 13 games (with 6 byed). Then I can add to each week starting with Week 6 to 14. Once I have your list of games to put into each week then we can figure out how to place them into the WEEKLY schedule without byes.

Week 6 : Falcons / Saints / Jets / 49ers (4)
Week 7: Bills / Cowboys / Jaguars / Chargers / Vikings / Steelers (6)
Week 8: Ravens / Raiders (2)
Week 9: Lions / Seahawks / Buccaneers / WFT (4)
Week 10: Bears / Bengals / Texans / Giants (4)
Week 11: Broncos / Rams (2)
Week 12: Cardinals / Chiefs (2)
Week 13: Panthers / Browns / Packers / Titans (4)
Week 14: Colts / Dolphins / Patriots / Eagles (4)
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu May 20, 2021 1:38 pm

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:
lorak wrote:

Okay here is the list of all team byes. I can expand each Week to 16 games (some weeks are 15 games (with 2 byed), 14 games (with 4 byed), 13 games (with 6 byed). Then I can add to each week starting with Week 6 to 14. Once I have your list of games to put into each week then we can figure out how to place them into the WEEKLY schedule without byes.

Week 6 : Falcons / Saints / Jets / 49ers (4)
Week 7: Bills / Cowboys / Jaguars / Chargers / Vikings / Steelers (6)
Week 8: Ravens / Raiders (2)
Week 9: Lions / Seahawks / Buccaneers / WFT (4)
Week 10: Bears / Bengals / Texans / Giants (4)
Week 11: Broncos / Rams (2)
Week 12: Cardinals / Chiefs (2)
Week 13: Panthers / Browns / Packers / Titans (4)
Week 14: Colts / Dolphins / Patriots / Eagles (4)

So that's 32 teams ÷ 2 =16 another games. The SCHD table in the regular season can only accommodate of up to 256 games (16×16) excluding the postseason games and probowl. If we can find a way to increase the capacity of the table then this problem could be solved.

Or if only it can count the last games of the week of the preseason heading into the regular season to determine the correct standings then that would be great. We then only need to worry about how to add the 2 wildcard games in the post season.

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Thu May 20, 2021 5:18 pm

rogerjinx wrote:So that's 32 teams ÷ 2 =16 another games. The SCHD table in the regular season can only accommodate of up to 256 games (16×16) excluding the postseason games and probowl. If we can find a way to increase the capacity of the table then this problem could be solved.

Or if only it can count the last games of the week of the preseason heading into the regular season to determine the correct standings then that would be great. We then only need to worry about how to add the 2 wildcard games in the post season.

At least for Madden 13 PS Vita, the capacity of the SCHD table is 333 records for regular season, post-season and probowl. Not sure if it actually works though. Of course, until season 2019, 268 records were enough.
According to your comments, for Madden 08 PC the capacity of that table is different.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu May 20, 2021 6:37 pm

lorak wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:So that's 32 teams ÷ 2 =16 another games. The SCHD table in the regular season can only accommodate of up to 256 games (16×16) excluding the postseason games and probowl. If we can find a way to increase the capacity of the table then this problem could be solved.

At least for Madden 13 PS Vita, the capacity of the SCHD table is 333 records for regular season, post-season and probowl. Not sure if it actually works though. Of course, until season 2019, 268 records were enough.
According to your comments, for Madden 08 PC the capacity of that table is different.

Can you send me the DB_Templates for Madden 13 PS Vita? Maybe we can apply it somehow for Madden 08.

Return to “Modding”