Is it possible to add 2 extra playoff spots?

Modifying Madden 08.
Viper652
All-Pro

Re: Is it possible to add 2 extra playoff spots?

Postby Viper652 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:59 am

Why in the world would the NFL add MORE playoff games when there are already too many playoff teams to begin with

Sponsor

Sponsor

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:50 am

Viper652 wrote:Why in the world would the NFL add MORE playoff games when there are already too many playoff teams to begin with

It has been proposed by the NFL that in 2021 there will be 17 games. 1 will be played at a NON-CONFERENCE opponent at site TBA either HOME or AWAY (for the Miami Dolphins we are playing the New York Giants).

Roger Goodell stated that the playoff structure will only remain if pandemic continues. But, will return to 12 teams if it ends. So, we are looking at a way to include a 17 game season and 14 team playoff for next season. Because we believe that it will be 14 teams again next season.

Since this season will be concluded on February 7th (SUPER BOWL LV), it is wise for all of us to find a way to incorporate the findings and possibilities as soon as we can. I am doing my part and others are doing theirs.

I added 2 slots on my CSV in the wild card round but it will not advance pass that it crashes. (I did this at the beginning of WEEK 1).

Since, I like to have a replica NFL season each year (I produce them on FACEBOOK) and we did not have any upsets, it was easy to place manually the divisional round to advance which it did thank God. I was able to get SUPER BOWL LV and will be simulcast on my page.

There is your answer to your question. Hope that clarifies it for you.
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:56 pm

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:
Viper652 wrote:Why in the world would the NFL add MORE playoff games when there are already too many playoff teams to begin with

It has been proposed by the NFL that in 2021 there will be 17 games. 1 will be played at a NON-CONFERENCE opponent at site TBA either HOME or AWAY (for the Miami Dolphins we are playing the New York Giants).

Roger Goodell stated that the playoff structure will only remain if pandemic continues. But, will return to 12 teams if it ends. So, we are looking at a way to include a 17 game season and 14 team playoff for next season. Because we believe that it will be 14 teams again next season.

Since this season will be concluded on February 7th (SUPER BOWL LV), it is wise for all of us to find a way to incorporate the findings and possibilities as soon as we can. I am doing my part and others are doing theirs.

I added 2 slots on my CSV in the wild card round but it will not advance pass that it crashes. (I did this at the beginning of WEEK 1).

Since, I like to have a replica NFL season each year (I produce them on FACEBOOK) and we did not have any upsets, it was easy to place manually the divisional round to advance which it did thank God. I was able to get SUPER BOWL LV and will be simulcast on my page.

Can I get a source on that 14-game playoff comment that Goodell made? I didn't know this playoff format was temporary.

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:06 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:

Can I get a source on that 14-game playoff comment that Goodell made? I didn't know this playoff format was temporary.

I can't recall where I saw it but, now I think its permanent per ESPN and NFL Network "The expansion to 14 teams is permanent" stated by Adam Shefter and Ian Rappaport. So I really can't answer either way. Maybe they are just talking about 2020. Not sure.
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:55 pm

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:

I can't recall where I saw it but, now I think its permanent per ESPN and NFL Network "The expansion to 14 teams is permanent" stated by Adam Shefter and Ian Rappaport. So I really can't answer either way. Maybe they are just talking about 2020. Not sure.

Can confirm the expanded playoffs are a solidified part of the CBA. Only thing in question is 16 or 17 games. Frankly, I think 17 is stupid, and I expect the players would rather not play an extra game, but the owners all want it for the money it would bring in. Who know where it will go? The owners and players do tend to dislike each other, but it isn't pure hatred like in MLB.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Modding”