Modifying Madden 08.
Administrator
Site Admin

Texmod

Postby Administrator » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Basic primer on using Texmod, courtesy of user LOBBS:

To run a package made by someone else.
1) Open TexMod
2) Click on the file folder under Target Application.
3) Navigate to the mainapp.exe file where you installed Madden
4) Select package mode
5) Click the file folder to navigate to where you have the .tpf (Texmod file) that you want to use installed.
6) Select any of the packages that you wish to run. If they have conflicting addresses the file at the top takes precedence over the file below in the list.
7) Click Run and Madden should open with all the changes from Texmod.

If you don't see the changes as promised there's a good chance that you have a mod installed which can affect the "addresses" of the files that Texmod swaps out for the new images. This is especially true of very old Texmod packages from before the days when we learned how to work directly with the .dat files. There is a utility over on the Wiki site that can yank the images from a Texmod package so you can essentially rewrite the addresses to fit your current mod environment.

Logging to make your own Texmod package.
1-3) Same as running a package
4) Select logging mode
5) Madden will load. There will be some script at the top of the screen telling you how many images have been loaded.
6) Load a game or practice for the team that you are wanting to work with
7) I personally like to load a game, do the kickoff and then go immediately into a replay of the kickoff.
8) While in the replay screen, use the + and - keys to scroll through the images that have been loaded into memory. Use the enter key to log them to the repository where you installed Texmod.
9) Texmod may sometimes crash Madden while you are logging images. Using the - key to scroll seems to have always worked better for me. Don't know why.
10) Once you have all the images you need logged, exit Madden.
11) Close Texmod and navigate to where you have it installed.
12) Open the folder called Out.
13) Inside you will find all the images you logged and their addresses. By default they are named "mainapp.exe" with the hexcode address on the end.
14) Open the text file titled "texmod". This file contains the hexcode address followed by the location on your drive of the image you wish to place at that address. By default, the file name on the end of the string is the same as the image you just logged. To use your image, change that last portion to the name of your file you wish to insert at that address.
15) Once you have all your images assigned to the correct addresses, exit and save the "texmod" text file.

Texmod

Sponsor

Sponsor

fuser1963
Rookie

Re: Texmod

Postby fuser1963 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:53 pm

I followed directions( the custom staduim mod) and every thing worked just fine but when i close the game and restarted the changes are not there... How do i make the changes permanent?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:10 pm

fuser1963 wrote:I followed directions( the custom staduim mod) and every thing worked just fine but when i close the game and restarted the changes are not there... How do i make the changes permanent?

You can't.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:39 pm

fuser1963 wrote:I followed directions( the custom staduim mod) and every thing worked just fine but when i close the game and restarted the changes are not there... How do i make the changes permanent?

RevanFan wrote:You can't.

That's right. The point of Texmod is one of two things:
  1. to make temporary graphical changes to the game
  2. the way to make those changes permanate are
    a) unknown
    b) too complicated
    c) not guaranteed to work for everyone
    d) not as good in quality as it would be with Texmod

fuser1963
Rookie

Postby fuser1963 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Thanks guys... you have been very helpful....

ColtsFan
All-Pro

Postby ColtsFan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Does it look like this will ever have a permanent option? Or is that still unknown, and not important enough? lol

Drizzt_13
All-Pro

Postby Drizzt_13 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:54 am

I have seen lots of uniform mods, but nothing that makes player arms and legs like anything other than skin colored tubes. I assume this is due to a problem with the the game rather than lack of effort, I'm just curious what the issue is and if it is ever conceivably solvable.

anthonyjh7
All-Pro

Postby anthonyjh7 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:36 am

Drizzt_13 wrote:I have seen lots of uniform mods, but nothing that makes player arms and legs like anything other than skin colored tubes. I assume this is due to a problem with the the game rather than lack of effort, I'm just curious what the issue is and if it is ever conceivably solvable.

"Lack of Effort"?? lol, maybe you should think about changing your graphic settings. Or, just get a better computer. After that, if you are still not satisfied, then maybe you should start doing graphic modifications to change base skin-tone textures, because I don't recall anyone ever attempting to do so:)

FYI, starting a "Skin tone" project will be a very tedious and confusing process if there ever was one, because there are 8 different skin tones in this game, and 519 face textures that goes along with each of those 8 skin tones.

These are just examples of skin tone textures so you know what these "colored tubes" are supposed to look like.

ColtsFan
All-Pro

Postby ColtsFan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Now just warp it, (making the muscle HUUUUGE) and you have MY ARM!!!! Hahahahaha!!! Totally kidding.... :D

egg1234545
Rookie

Postby egg1234545 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 am

where is the download link?

Return to “Modding”