How to change team info (team name, city, primary colors, etc.)

Modifying Madden 08.
AntGormz
Rookie

Postby AntGormz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:47 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this but i would like to know how you would be able to change a teams information. Things like the team name, home city, primary colors, logo and the score card abbreviation (ex: PHI for Philadelphia), and maybe the stadium name too. You know the stuff like that. Rosters, Uniforms and stadium graphic editing i have received helped from others on this forum so that isn't important for this post. I know this is a broad question because I'm not sure if they are all located around the same place to edit or not. Whatever information you have that can help me understand what I'm asking for would be greatly appreciated. You can even answer portions of the question if its too much information to post for one person. Im sure if enough people respond to this answering different parts of my question i'll get the help i need. As I've been reading through this forum I'm assuming everyone is going to tell me its easier just to create a custom team but i would like to know this process as well. I like to know the ins and outs of everything. Plus I really haven't gotten to editing custom teams yet. I'm going to start asking around for that topic soon. Thank you guys, this forum has really helped me to this point and you guys helped many others enjoy this game. Thanks!

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: How to change team info (team name, city, primary colors, etc.)

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:16 pm

AntGormz wrote:I wasn't sure where to put this but i would like to know how you would be able to change a teams information. Things like the team name, home city, primary colors, logo and the score card abbreviation (ex: PHI for Philadelphia), and maybe the stadium name too. You know the stuff like that. Rosters, Uniforms and stadium graphic editing i have received helped from others on this forum so that isn't important for this post. I know this is a broad question because I'm not sure if they are all located around the same place to edit or not. Whatever information you have that can help me understand what I'm asking for would be greatly appreciated. You can even answer portions of the question if its too much information to post for one person. Im sure if enough people respond to this answering different parts of my question i'll get the help i need. As I've been reading through this forum I'm assuming everyone is going to tell me its easier just to create a custom team but i would like to know this process as well. I like to know the ins and outs of everything. Plus I really haven't gotten to editing custom teams yet. I'm going to start asking around for that topic soon. Thank you guys, this forum has really helped me to this point and you guys helped many others enjoy this game. Thanks!

Use the DB Editor to open a roster file. Open the TEAM table to modify most of the information there. Open the STAD table to do the same for the stadium information you want to change. Also someone wrong a guide of how to relocate a team that could be very helpful for you! I'm not sure about where the team colors are though, but that info shouldn't be hard to find either.

And as you mentioned, creating a custom team will get you all of what you're trying to do within the game, it's a simple task! If you're looking to add new logos, I suggest going to the file section to download a copy of the Madden 08 manual (if you don't already have one). It has the spec sizes for the logos there. Like the main logo needs to be 128x128 8-bit bmp indexed color mode with a transparent background color 255,0,255. All of them need to be .bmp files if you're going to have them selectable from within the game. The Madden 08 custom art folder has samples of logos for 32 custom teams!

AntGormz
Rookie

Postby AntGormz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:43 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
AntGormz wrote:I wasn't sure where to put this but i would like to know how you would be able to change a teams information. Things like the team name, home city, primary colors, logo and the score card abbreviation (ex: PHI for Philadelphia), and maybe the stadium name too. You know the stuff like that. Rosters, Uniforms and stadium graphic editing i have received helped from others on this forum so that isn't important for this post. I know this is a broad question because I'm not sure if they are all located around the same place to edit or not. Whatever information you have that can help me understand what I'm asking for would be greatly appreciated. You can even answer portions of the question if its too much information to post for one person. Im sure if enough people respond to this answering different parts of my question i'll get the help i need. As I've been reading through this forum I'm assuming everyone is going to tell me its easier just to create a custom team but i would like to know this process as well. I like to know the ins and outs of everything. Plus I really haven't gotten to editing custom teams yet. I'm going to start asking around for that topic soon. Thank you guys, this forum has really helped me to this point and you guys helped many others enjoy this game. Thanks!

Use the DB Editor to open a roster file. Open the TEAM table to modify most of the information there. Open the STAD table to do the same for the stadium information you want to change. Also someone wrong a guide of how to relocate a team that could be very helpful for you! I'm not sure about where the team colors are though, but that info shouldn't be hard to find either.

And as you mentioned, creating a custom team will get you all of what you're trying to do within the game, it's a simple task! If you're looking to add new logos, I suggest going to the file section to download a copy of the Madden 08 manual (if you don't already have one). It has the spec sizes for the logos there. Like the main logo needs to be 128x128 8-bit bmp indexed color mode with a transparent background color 255,0,255. All of them need to be .bmp files if you're going to have them selectable from within the game. The Madden 08 custom art folder has samples of logos for 32 custom teams!

Thank you for this! Yeah adding logos for custom teams I'm not worried about. Will I be able to extract and edit custom team uniforms like I would for a default NFL team? I want to be able to do elaborate designs for uniforms. Would I be able to use the modern Nike uniform template and redesign the custom teams uniform?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:02 pm

AntGormz wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Thank you for this! Yeah adding logos for custom teams I'm not worried about. Will I be able to extract and edit custom team uniforms like I would for a default NFL team? I want to be able to do elaborate designs for uniforms. Would I be able to use the modern Nike uniform template and redesign the custom teams uniform?

Of course you can extract and edit custom team uniforms. I do recommend getting with members KIT and ThePurplePeopleEater for uniform information! One or both of them already have uniform templates that they may share with you for your project!

AntGormz
Rookie

Postby AntGormz » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:20 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
AntGormz wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Of course you can extract and edit custom team uniforms. I do recommend getting with members KIT and ThePurplePeopleEater for uniform information! One or both of them already have uniform templates that they may share with you for your project!

Sounds good I will reach out to them thank you very much for your help!

LeNordique
Pro Bowl

Postby LeNordique » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:55 am

MikeWest502 wrote:

Is there a user guide for the DB Editor? I'm not trying to do much - just edit team info & logos and assign existing stadiums (like moving the Titans into NRG Stadium)...some things are obvious, like editing team names and cities, but others like changing the logo or reassigning the stadium is a lot less clear. Any advice or guidance?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:54 pm

The best way to edit this information is in the following two editors......

Madden Amp and NZA Editor 1.3

Both editors are included with MadMod X that you can download here..... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18332

Both editors will do different functions for example NZA editor is more simple in my opinion but you can only put 3 letters for a short name but Madden amp will allow 5 and you can do much more with madden amp.....

Tip: if you change a team color sometimes if it is an oddball color then the game will crash so test it in the game before getting carried away.....

LeNordique
Pro Bowl

Postby LeNordique » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:03 pm

Rixster67r wrote:The best way to edit this information is in the following two editors......

Madden Amp and NZA Editor 1.3

Both editors are included with MadMod X that you can download here..... https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=18332

Both editors will do different functions for example NZA editor is more simple in my opinion but you can only put 3 letters for a short name but Madden amp will allow 5 and you can do much more with madden amp.....

Tip: if you change a team color sometimes if it is an oddball color then the game will crash so test it in the game before getting carried away.....

Thanks for that - I use both Madden Amp and NZA extensively, but I've never figured out how to import and assign custom art. I've got the logos (right sizes, right shade of pink in the background, etc.) but I need to learn how to get those logos assigned where I want in the game. (fwiw, I'm trying to change the Titans into the Oilers playing out of NRG Stadium, so I only need to assign the main logo, midfield logo, and endzone logos)

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:14 am

You would use the DFR4 and the Mapper for this..... and then assign the logos with NZA under Teams.....

LeNordique
Pro Bowl

Postby LeNordique » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:27 am

Rixster67r wrote:You would use the DFR4 and the Mapper for this..... and then assign the logos with NZA under Teams.....

That's the problem though - it's not clear how to get the images in my folder into the .dat files. When I open the fieldart.dat in DFR4 I don't know how to add the image I'd like to include in there and I haven't been able to find thorough ReadMe's or tutorials about how beginners would do that...most everything seems to be geared toward people who already have experience in this kind of thing and I definitely don't

Return to “Modding”