Madden NCAA

A collection of all finished mods!
elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden NCAA

Postby elguapo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:28 am

mauro_rojo wrote:Elguapo,

Overall the mod is great but I have one problem, when I load the .tpf stadium file from the older Heisman mod (for example Georgia) with the new roster, I can't find the right stadium in game. Do you understand my problem? What can be the solution?

Anyway you have done a great job.

Wait your answer.

Thank you and sarcasticface is correct. In the version 2 update, there is a folder called docs where there is a PDF file to use the stadium name used in the heisman. I need to update tho as I noticed three teams do not list the correct stadium.

With this setup, any bowl game an be recreated using TPF files.

Sponsor

Sponsor

mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Postby mauro_rojo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 am

elguapo wrote:
mauro_rojo wrote:Elguapo,

Overall the mod is great but I have one problem, when I load the .tpf stadium file from the older Heisman mod (for example Georgia) with the new roster, I can't find the right stadium in game. Do you understand my problem? What can be the solution?

Anyway you have done a great job.

Wait your answer.

Thank you and sarcasticface is correct. In the version 2 update, there is a folder called docs where there is a PDF file to use the stadium name used in the heisman. I need to update tho as I noticed three teams do not list the correct stadium.

With this setup, any bowl game an be recreated using TPF files.

Yes, sarcasticface saved me on that one. It's possible to recreate bows games with two differents endzones and, for example, All State Sugar Bowl logo in midfield?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:30 am

mauro_rojo wrote:It's possible to recreate bows games with two differents endzones and, for example, All State Sugar Bowl logo in midfield?

Yes. By applying the full field patch, which you can download on the first post, you will be able to make fields with any detail you wish. In the spoiler there is a version of pick6's NCAA field that I tweaked for use with the NCAA Add-On that will help you make full fields quickly.

mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Postby mauro_rojo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:41 am

The texture is done, take a look:
Spoiler:

How can I test it in the game?

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:01 am

mauro_rojo wrote:The texture is done, take a look:
Spoiler:

Looks good! Tip: You should make the Playoff Logo(s) and Midfield not as tall. Like 10 pixels smaller (in height) or they’ll be stretched out in-game. Also, the logos should be rotated 180 degrees so they’re facing the home team.

mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Postby mauro_rojo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:47 am

sarcasticface wrote:Looks good! Tip: You should make the Playoff Logo(s) and Midfield not as tall. Like 10 pixels smaller (in height) or they’ll be stretched out in-game. Also, the logos should be rotated 180 degrees so they’re facing the home team.

This was only the first attempt, in fact it took me only 1 hour of work to do it. I will make all the relevant corrections after being able to test it in the game.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:48 am

mauro_rojo wrote:The texture is done, take a look:
Spoiler:

Once you have your field you can test by using the pre-logged checksums for grass fields. But first you must patch the STADATA.dat file with the full fields.

When you unpack the download go into the STADATA folder and follow the readme.txt to patch the the dat file.

Once you have patched the files go into the FIELD folder and use the checksums for grass or grassy fields. Open the FIELD.log and and replace the grass_fair.png, grass_rain.png and grass_snow.png with the name of your sugar bowl texture and delete the rest of the lines in the log file. If the texture was a grassy field then only replace the grassy_fair.png and grassy_snow.png with your sugar bowl texture and delete the rest of the lines in the log file. Also if a stadium you want to use uses a grassy field but in real it is grass field then go to the SFTY and use the checksums to swap the field types. Once you have your field.log file ready save it using a different name and build your TPF with Texmod and test it in game by using any grass stadium.

mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Postby mauro_rojo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:14 am

elguapo wrote:
Once you have your field you can test by using the pre-logged checksums for grass fields. But first you must patch the STADATA.dat file with the full fields.

When you unpack the download go into the STADATA folder and follow the readme.txt to patch the the dat file.

Once you have patched the files go into the FIELD folder and use the checksums for grass or grassy fields. Open the FIELD.log and and replace the grass_fair.png, grass_rain.png and grass_snow.png with the name of your sugar bowl texture and delete the rest of the lines in the log file. If the texture was a grassy field then only replace the grassy_fair.png and grassy_snow.png with your sugar bowl texture and delete the rest of the lines in the log file. Also if a stadium you want to use uses a grassy field but in real it is grass field then go to the SFTY and use the checksums to swap the field types. Once you have your field.log file ready save it using a different name and build your TPF with Texmod and test it in game by using any grass stadium.

I done it but there is one big of a problem... the midfields and the endzones appear on top of the texture. Where I'm failing?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:18 am

mauro_rojo wrote:
elguapo wrote:

I done it but there is one big of a problem... the midfields and the endzones appear on top of the texture. Where I'm failing?

Use Texmod to log the midfield and endzones and blank those textures with a 4x4 transparent texture. Add the checksums to the field.log and rebuild the TPF.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:36 am

mauro_rojo wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Looks good! Tip: You should make the Playoff Logo(s) and Midfield not as tall. Like 10 pixels smaller (in height) or they’ll be stretched out in-game. Also, the logos should be rotated 180 degrees so they’re facing the home team.

This was only the first attempt, in fact it took me only 1 hour of work to do it. I will make all the relevant corrections after being able to test it in the game.

I’d probably spend 2 & 1/2 on that and it still wouldn’t look as good.

Return to “Finished Mods”