Madden 08 base grass better than FF/FI?

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:47 pm

Have been playing the FF/FI mod for awhile, when I loaded up the base game and Arrowhead stadium I noticed the grass textures were even better than on the mod. It has dirt spots and field degradation as well as better textures. Why did the FF/FI mod replace it?

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 base grass better than FF/FI?

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:51 pm

TheRareButter wrote:Have been playing the FF/FI mod for awhile, when I loaded up the base game and Arrowhead stadium I noticed the grass textures were even better than on the mod. It has dirt spots and field degradation as well as better textures. Why did the FF/FI mod replace it?

Arrowhead does not have the old field that wear's as the games progress. No degradation with the new field technology. The grass in the mod represents the current stadiums grass/grassy turf look and feel.

If you want the field degradation for the grass in the FI mod, use my Snow/Mud.tpf for open stadiums. My tpf is built for the current fields degradation. Just make sure to set the custom weather accordingly with precipitation and lower the temp if you want snow fall.

I made the tpf because I got tired of seeing player's uniforms get dirty as the games went on but the fields didn't match.

Give it a shot.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:20 am

TheRareButter wrote:Have been playing the FF/FI mod for awhile, when I loaded up the base game and Arrowhead stadium I noticed the grass textures were even better than on the mod. It has dirt spots and field degradation as well as better textures. Why did the FF/FI mod replace it?

Honestly one of my biggest regrets with the mod is not figuring out a way to have up to date field art but keep the degradation and weather effects. Might look into it for my final mod release.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:52 pm

RevanFan wrote:

Honestly one of my biggest regrets with the mod is not figuring out a way to have up to date field art but keep the degradation and weather effects. Might look into it for my final mod release.

It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. I just happened across the textures when I was logging the stadium and field textures for my NBA mod. There are only two layers, one for mud, one for snow. How much snow or mud is deternined by the custom weather setting. Elguao figured out how to set the weather for franchise.

Before you guys modified the fields, I used the system clock a ton which produced accurate game conditions matching the cities weather patterns. It works quit well.

Return to “Graphics”