Rookie

Re: Madden 08 MasterEffect + ReShade

Postby AntGormz » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:05 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
AntGormz wrote:
BUS36 wrote:Put in MyDoc/Madden08....

SHADERDAT.rar

Shader Effects.zip

Thank you for the links! I'm a noob and not sure how to install this.. You say to place it in my documents/madden 08 but the OP says:
1. Download .zip file EFFECT
2. Extract it to the game .exe location(default: C:\Program Files\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08)
3. When in the game you should be able to see text in the top left corner.. to enable/disable effects press Scroll Lock button

What am I exactly supposed to do? Thanks

All the files in the .zip package, you're supposed to put them in the Program Files\EA Sports\Madden 08 folder.

I went into the Shader Effects folder clicked and dragged everything and put them in program files>EA sports>madden 08 and when I start the game it crashes during boot up. I just took everything back out so the game starts back up fine thankfully. Do i keep everything inside the shader effects folder? what do i do with the shaderdat? i dont know what im doing wrong lol

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:42 pm

AntGormz wrote:
AntGormz wrote:

Thank you for the links! I'm a noob and not sure how to install this.. You say to place it in my documents/madden 08 but the OP says:
1. Download .zip file EFFECT
2. Extract it to the game .exe location(default: C:\Program Files\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08)
3. When in the game you should be able to see text in the top left corner.. to enable/disable effects press Scroll Lock button

What am I exactly supposed to do? Thanks

All the files in the .zip package, you're supposed to put them in the Program Files\EA Sports\Madden 08 folder.

I went into the Shader Effects folder clicked and dragged everything and put them in program files>EA sports>madden 08 and when I start the game it crashes during boot up. I just took everything back out so the game starts back up fine thankfully. Do i keep everything inside the shader effects folder? what do i do with the shaderdat? i dont know what im doing wrong lol

Drag everything back into the Madden 08 folder, then take the shaderdat and put it inside the Documents/Madden 08 folder. It might work once you do that.

AntGormz
Rookie

Postby AntGormz » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:39 pm

AntGormz wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:All the files in the .zip package, you're supposed to put them in the Program Files\EA Sports\Madden 08 folder.

Drag everything back into the Madden 08 folder, then take the shaderdat and put it inside the Documents/Madden 08 folder. It might work once you do that.

Yeah ive done all the steps. When i start madden 08 for about a second a black screen comes up and you see text that says reshader and the version number then madden closes back to my desktop. I really dont know what the problem could be.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:01 am

AntGormz wrote:
AntGormz wrote:

Yeah ive done all the steps. When i start madden 08 for about a second a black screen comes up and you see text that says reshader and the version number then madden closes back to my desktop. I really dont know what the problem could be.

I'm not sure either, I've never encountered an issue like this.

Apt Irrelevance
Rookie

Postby Apt Irrelevance » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 am

I tried this out for the first time tonight and all I can say is WOW, what a difference this makes! Here are some before and after screenshots:

Spoiler:

I didn't use the download link though, I went to the website in the OP and downloaded the newest version (4.9.1). They must have updated the install procedure because this version has an install wizard that asks you to specify the game, choose effect packages to install, and then installs everything for you. Here's what I did:
  1. Run the downloaded file and choose Madden 08 from the list of games (or browse for a file if it isn't listed and choose your mainapp.exe)
  2. Select Direct3D 9 for the rendering API
  3. Select all packages except the very last one
  4. Let the installer do its thing and then close it when finished
  5. Launch the game. Once it loads up, you should see a new text overlay with a tutorial explaining how the ReShade UI works
  6. Complete the tutorial and then select the effects you want to use
  7. Reorder the effects by clicking and dragging and using the Move To Top button
  8. Turn on Performance Mode at the bottom once all the effects are set

I recommend firing up a CPU vs CPU exhibition game and then testing out the effects while watching. I'm still playing around with some of the effects but these are the ones I'm using in the screenshots above (in this order):
  • MXAO (default settings)
  • Debanding (default settings)
  • Vibrance (set to 0.150)
  • DELC_Sharpen (default settings)
  • FXAA (default settints)
  • Clarity (default settings)
  • AdaptiveFog (default settings)
  • HDR (default settings)
  • EyeAdaption (default settings)
The only thing I'm not crazy about at the moment is the MXAO effect makes the overlays slightly more transparent, but it's totally worth it for the massive shading improvement, IMO. I also tried some of the bloom effects to make things like helmets and jerseys pop a little more, but everything I tried also put halos around all the white text and it was pretty annoying.

I haven't checked FPS yet but my GPU load went from around 4-5% without effects turned on to around 19-20% with everything above applied. (Apparently the MXAO shader is by far the largest resource hog.) Your mileage may vary depending on your PC hardware.
For reference:
I'm running a higher end gaming PC that's a few years old (Intel Core i7-8700K, GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB VRAM)
I run the game via Calhoupe's scripts at 1600x1200 in windowed mode on a 1440p monitor (not using TexMod currently)
I'm committed to getting this forum to the Super Bowl

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:24 pm

Apt Irrelevance wrote:I didn't use the download link though, I went to the website in the OP and downloaded the newest version (4.9.1). They must have updated the install procedure because this version has an install wizard that asks you to specify the game, choose effect packages to install, and then installs everything for you. Here's what I did:
  1. Run the downloaded file and choose Madden 08 from the list of games (or browse for a file if it isn't listed and choose your mainapp.exe)
  2. Select Direct3D 9 for the rendering API
  3. Select all packages except the very last one
  4. Let the installer do its thing and then close it when finished
  5. Launch the game. Once it loads up, you should see a new text overlay with a tutorial explaining how the ReShade UI works
  6. Complete the tutorial and then select the effects you want to use
  7. Reorder the effects by clicking and dragging and using the Move To Top button
  8. Turn on Performance Mode at the bottom once all the effects are set

I recommend firing up a CPU vs CPU exhibition game and then testing out the effects while watching. I'm still playing around with some of the effects but these are the ones I'm using in the screenshots above (in this order):
  • MXAO (default settings)
  • Debanding (default settings)
  • Vibrance (set to 0.150)
  • DELC_Sharpen (default settings)
  • FXAA (default settints)
  • Clarity (default settings)
  • AdaptiveFog (default settings)
  • HDR (default settings)
  • EyeAdaption (default settings)
The only thing I'm not crazy about at the moment is the MXAO effect makes the overlays slightly more transparent, but it's totally worth it for the massive shading improvement, IMO. I also tried some of the bloom effects to make things like helmets and jerseys pop a little more, but everything I tried also put halos around all the white text and it was pretty annoying.

I haven't checked FPS yet but my GPU load went from around 4-5% without effects turned on to around 19-20% with everything above applied. (Apparently the MXAO shader is by far the largest resource hog.) Your mileage may vary depending on your PC hardware.
For reference:
I'm running a higher end gaming PC that's a few years old (Intel Core i7-8700K, GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB VRAM)
I run the game via Calhoupe's scripts at 1600x1200 in windowed mode on a 1440p monitor (not using TexMod currently)

This is actually.. really useful because I've been trying to find a way to mess with the settings for the shaders without them breaking (still haven't found out how to do that). Now it's possible to install it with custom settings so I can disable some of the effects I don't need. Thanks for this.

Apt Irrelevance
Rookie

Postby Apt Irrelevance » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:16 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:This is actually.. really useful because I've been trying to find a way to mess with the settings for the shaders without them breaking (still haven't found out how to do that). Now it's possible to install it with custom settings so I can disable some of the effects I don't need. Thanks for this.

No problem. I figured I'd share since it seemed like nobody was talking about the newest version. I do seem to get some crashes with so many effects loaded in. I'll probably go in at some point and update the installation to remove all the effects I'm not using (which is something else the installer wizard can do after it's already been installed).
I'm committed to getting this forum to the Super Bowl

d36williams
Veteran

Postby d36williams » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:25 am

I posted a Youtube video where I play around with ReShade in madden 2008 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou2pQw4hw4g

I also further messed around and added an antialiasing effect. That combined with the HD arms mod is very good
https://imgur.com/gallery/R7vZdOy

fellipewf
Rookie

Postby fellipewf » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:53 pm

the download link is off, please help us!!

Return to “Graphics”