Error Draft Class

Gannon
Veteran

Error Draft Class

Postby Gannon » Sat May 09, 2020 5:18 am

I am editing a draft class of 2008, these two previous days everything perfect, saved, reopened to continue editing and everything perfect.
I only had to edit the Safetys, K and P that I just finished and now it gives me an error !! I can't open the class and it obviously gives me an error when trying to load it into the franchise.
Anyone know what can it be??

Error Draft Class

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gannon
Veteran

Re: Error Draft Class

Postby Gannon » Sun May 10, 2020 5:49 am

I cannot open the draft class with any editor, I have tried with MRE, MaddenAMP, NZA 1.3 and 2.0 and with all errors.
Before finishing the edition I was about to make a security copy, because until the edition of the safetys and K and punters everything worked perfectly.
I put the error message here, in the first message is the file:

See the end of this message for more details on how to invoke debugging.
Just-In-Time (JIT) instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index outside the limits of the array.
in Madden_Player_Editor.Form1.ReadInMDCPlayerData (String line, CPlayerData cPD)
in Madden_Player_Editor.Form1.ReadMDCFile (String sFileName)
in Madden_Player_Editor.Form1.openFileDialog1_ok (Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.OnFileOk (CancelEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.HandleVistaFileOk (IFileDialog dialog)

************** Assemblies loaded **************
mscorlib
Assembly version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8689 (QFE.050727-8600)
Base code: file: /// C: /Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Madden Roster Editor
Assembly version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 version: 1.0.0.0
Base code: file: /// D: /Games/Madden%2008/Patch%26Editor/MRE/Madden%20Roster%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
Base code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8690 (QFE.050727-8600)
Base code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8681 (QFE.050727-8600)
Base code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
mscorlib.resources
Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8689 (QFE.050727-8600)
Base code: file: /// C: /Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
Base code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_en_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** JIT debugging **************
To enable Just In Time (JIT) debugging, the configuration file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging = "true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptions
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
instead of controlling it through the dialog box.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:27 am

That error message does not reveal any valuable info.
Your draft class failed on line 2, too many fields. The edits you made at some point were incorrect. Try going back to a point where the file was working, perhaps extract as csv and edit, that way you can double check the values you are introducing to the draft class are correct.

Gannon
Veteran

Postby Gannon » Sun May 10, 2020 8:19 am

StingRay68 wrote:That error message does not reveal any valuable info.
Your draft class failed on line 2, too many fields. The edits you made at some point were incorrect. Try going back to a point where the file was working, perhaps extract as csv and edit, that way you can double check the values you are introducing to the draft class are correct.

And how can I extract it in csv if I can't open it with any of the editors that I put before?
Thank you

PD. I have verified that putting .mdc.csv I can open it with excel. But there are all very chaotic numbers. What should I look for?

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:34 am

Gannon wrote:And how can I extract it in csv if I can't open it with any of the editors that I put before?
PD. I have verified that putting .mdc.csv I can open it with excel. But there are all very chaotic numbers. What should I look for?

If you do not have an earlier backup of this file before you made edits, that is a mistake, get used to making backups before you edit anything.
Load the file in notepad or text editor. Strip out the intro that nza editor adds.
The rest of the file, replace the periods "." with commas "," and then try to load with excel or whatever and fix any problems with missing or extra data.

Gannon
Veteran

Postby Gannon » Sun May 10, 2020 10:00 am

StingRay68 wrote:
Gannon wrote:And how can I extract it in csv if I can't open it with any of the editors that I put before?

If you do not have an earlier backup of this file before you made edits, that is a mistake, get used to making backups before you edit anything.
Load the file in notepad or text editor. Strip out the intro that nza editor adds.
The rest of the file, replace the periods "." with commas "," and then try to load with excel or whatever and fix any problems with missing or extra data.

I usually go backing up the work that I am doing, but since a long time ago that I did not edit anything because I forgot it. Regarding the problem:

Solved !! Thank you

I started to look at the .csv and when I had been watching for a while and I didn't see anything strange, I went down to the end of everything and observed that a few lines below the last player a false appeared in the middle of nowhere. Delete and everything fixed

Thank you very much

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:18 pm

Gannon wrote:Edit: A small problem, when I go from csv to mdc the names appear with ", that is:
"Matt Ryan
And then in the game only "Ryan appears, but if I go to the editor to delete the" the error from the beginning appears again

Not sure what the problem is by your description...
You probably need the comma to separate the player's name.
FirstName,LastName

Gannon
Veteran

Postby Gannon » Mon May 11, 2020 7:35 am

Solved, I was wrong

Return to “Draft Classes”