RevanFan's Franchise Guide (2022 Update)

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
tipball25
Rookie

Re: RevanFan's Franchise guide

Postby tipball25 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Any advice about trading please?
It's intercepted by 25.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:12 pm

tipball25 wrote:Any advice about trading please?

I never really do much trading, so I don't really have advice for it. Just make sure you don't do it when you have more than 55 players on your active team. Any other time should be fine.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:33 am

I recommend you limit the number of times you can trade per season. Also, make sure you don't cheat the computer while making a trade. It's so easy to do, but try to make your trades realistic and make sure both teams are actually benefiting from the trade.

Also, about trades during the draft... the computer will offer you terrible trades in-game (sometimes a 5th and 6th rounder for a 1st rounder!!), so I ignore these trades. However, I recommend using the trading system if you draft in Madden AMP. Trading is very realistic there.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:07 am

Danchat wrote:Also, about trades during the draft... the computer will offer you terrible trades in-game (sometimes a 5th and 6th rounder for a 1st rounder!!), so I ignore these trades. However, I recommend using the trading system if you draft in Madden AMP. Trading is very realistic there.

I can NEVER get a good trade going in Madden Amp. The computer always wants WAY more value when I want to trade up, and gives me less value than my pick is worth when I trade down. And it won't ever budge.

Also, I did find a way to cheat trades in Madden Amp as well, but it can only be done when trading down and it involves clicking very quickly. I don't do it in my franchise, but it was fun to discover that little glitch.
My Cowboys Journal

tipball25
Rookie

Postby tipball25 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Danchat wrote:

I recommend you limit the number of times you can trade per season. Also, make sure you don't cheat the computer while making a trade. It's so easy to do, but try to make your trades realistic and make sure both teams are actually benefiting from the trade.

Also, about trades during the draft... the computer will offer you terrible trades in-game (sometimes a 5th and 6th rounder for a 1st rounder!!), so I ignore these trades. However, I recommend using the trading system if you draft in Madden AMP. Trading is very realistic there.

I always got "Following team isnt interested with the trade." eventho I think I make a good deal from trading block.
It's intercepted by 25.

WillProsper
All-Pro

Postby WillProsper » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:46 pm

I didn't use 90 player method in first season, but am considering it going forward. Any reason that wouldn't work now?
"People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society." -Vince Lombardi

My Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18486

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:55 pm

WillProsper wrote:I didn't use 90 player method in first season, but am considering it going forward. Any reason that wouldn't work now?

Of course not. It'll work fine if you follow the steps closely. Also, try not to have any restricted free agents. They can cause issues with it. But if you don't have any RFAs, you'll be fine. If you do run into any issues though, let me know.
My Cowboys Journal

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:00 pm

- trade for low-ovr, low-awr players. These 80 ovr but fast/strong players are going to get a awr boost in your franchise after a while. So get them. They will be great in 1 year..
- trade for every CB/WR that has 96 or higher SPD/ACC. (move these to safety later). A WR needs some CTH too...
- trade away backups that are not going to play, ideally in their last year of the contract (to minimize cap penalty the next year).
- if you think you can trade down in the draft, do so.
- if the CPU offers a trade up, often it's worth it to take it, if a good player is on the board.
No signature needed.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 24, 2017 1:10 am

Updated for the NFL's new roster cut and IR rules.
My Cowboys Journal

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Decided to experiment with this guide in preparation for starting a franchise with the completed Rogerjinx's 2017 roster. I omitted the 90 player managing and practice squad portion of the guide for now. I carefully followed all of the other steps after downloading the other required utilities and I must admit I love the final outcome. I almost changed my mind while managing the other 31 teams during the resigning period, especially the unique requirements of the 3-4 teams. Thanks for the posts about CPU teams releasing star players and signing numerous players as kickers, punter, and etc. I wasn't too shocked when I observed these things occurring. I found myself selecting the best available player to fill the roster of each team and released older players for younger talent. I completed the draft in Madden Amp which is totally different and I found enjoyable. I decided to leave the recommended coach sliders on for simulated and played games which appear to be more competitive in the All-Pro setting. Also I may have to increase my 8 minute quarters to generate enough stats for my players using those slider settings. Thanks RevanFan for refreshing my Madden PC gaming experience to match the awesome graphical works and utilities from the amazing contributors of FF.

Return to “Franchise Guides”