How to edit relocated team uniforms in Franchise Mode??

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: How to edit relocated team uniforms in Franchise Mode??

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:56 am

MikeL95 wrote:Ok guys pardon the late follow up it has been a very busy week for me. In playing around with TexMod for a bit I notice that between the menu, entering a game, running a play, and going into instant replay mode, TexMod loads over 1000 textures. How do I navigate through them all and figure out which ones are attributed to the uniforms?

Edit: I discovered the * key, but still how many of the uniform textures do I have to capture and how do I know that I've captured all of them?

And I use Calhoupe's script for game play - will TexMod run my uniform package with Calhoupe's script?

You have to capture the Legs, Hip, Torso, Sleeves, Helmet, Numbers 0-9..... You may not have to do numbers if they fit the changes you are making....

One thing you should do is unpack a uniform tpf with TPF extract so you can see what each part of the uniform looks like and how it was modified.....

I load the game through Texmod first and then ALT/TAB from the game and load Calhoupes scripts and it works fine..... I have had issues loading Texmod from the scripts but you may not

Trial and error is your path forward..... Back up your Textures and then make your modifications and see how it looks if it doesn't look right you can always try it again with your back up.....

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:29 pm

Rixster67r wrote:
MikeL95 wrote:Ok guys pardon the late follow up it has been a very busy week for me. In playing around with TexMod for a bit I notice that between the menu, entering a game, running a play, and going into instant replay mode, TexMod loads over 1000 textures. How do I navigate through them all and figure out which ones are attributed to the uniforms?

Edit: I discovered the * key, but still how many of the uniform textures do I have to capture and how do I know that I've captured all of them?

And I use Calhoupe's script for game play - will TexMod run my uniform package with Calhoupe's script?

You have to capture the Legs, Hip, Torso, Sleeves, Helmet, Numbers 0-9..... You may not have to do numbers if they fit the changes you are making....

One thing you should do is unpack a uniform tpf with TPF extract so you can see what each part of the uniform looks like and how it was modified.....

I load the game through Texmod first and then ALT/TAB from the game and load Calhoupes scripts and it works fine..... I have had issues loading Texmod from the scripts but you may not

Trial and error is your path forward..... Back up your Textures and then make your modifications and see how it looks if it doesn't look right you can always try it again with your back up.....

Ok thank you I will give it a shot! And one last question - is there any way I make the changes permanent by editing through Madden Amp or DB Editor? Are created/custom uniforms even stored?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:07 am

Yes you can make the changes permanent by extracting the uniforms and modifying them and then installing them in the uniform.dat along with some other things.... when you get to that point we will help with that as well..... Good Luck modding :D

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:07 am

Yes you can make the changes permanent by extracting the uniforms and modifying them and then installing them in the uniform.dat along with some other things.... when you get to that point we will help with that as well..... Good Luck modding :D

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:17 am

Rixster67r wrote:Yes you can make the changes permanent by extracting the uniforms and modifying them and then installing them in the uniform.dat along with some other things.... when you get to that point we will help with that as well..... Good Luck modding :D

Thank you! I can continue playing around with TexMod, but if I'm being completely honest I would be more comfortable trying to extract my desired uniforms and re-uploading them to my franchise file by replacing them in the uniform.dat file. I currently have a much better understanding of DFR, Madden Amp, DB Editor, NZA editor, etc. compared to how much I have to figure out with the (AWESOME but) seemingly endless possibilities of Texmod.

With that being said, the biggest mystery to me is the location of the uniforms of my relocated team in DB Editor/DFR. I already saved a .dat and .uni file of my desired all-black uniforms with the Madden Uniform Editor/Ripper and I know how to add slots in the TUNI section of the DB Editor and enter the UFID, TGID and TUCO. I learned that by reading other helpful discussions/tutorials on this site. But I have yet to figure out how to upload them into my franchise file. Since the game treats a relocated/custom team differently compared to a (2007-08) current NFL team, it seems to store the uniform files (that I created within the game in the relocation process) in a completely different location. I know this because when I added rows to the TUNI section of my franchise file and entered the seemingly correct UFID, TGID and TUCO values, no changes took effect. I even tried un-checking the "team is relocated" box for my Bisons team in Madden Amp and made them a team type "0" instead of 5. But then I lost all my custom art :?

Going through that whole process without finding a way to simply edit the alternate uniforms of my franchise is what prompted me to post here. I feel comfortable about changing anything else if I wanted to - like changing the logos by editing the custom art file, editing anything stadium related by renovating it in the offseason, etc. So if there's a way to permanently change the alternate uniforms through the DB Editor/DFR replacer and what not then I am determined to figure it out :mrgreen:

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:22 am

MikeL95 wrote:
Rixster67r wrote:Yes you can make the changes permanent by extracting the uniforms and modifying them and then installing them in the uniform.dat along with some other things.... when you get to that point we will help with that as well..... Good Luck modding :D

Thank you! I can continue playing around with TexMod, but if I'm being completely honest I would be more comfortable trying to extract my desired uniforms and re-uploading them to my franchise file by replacing them in the uniform.dat file. I currently have a much better understanding of DFR, Madden Amp, DB Editor, NZA editor, etc. compared to how much I have to figure out with the (AWESOME but) seemingly endless possibilities of Texmod.

With that being said, the biggest mystery to me is the location of the uniforms of my relocated team in DB Editor/DFR. I already saved a .dat and .uni file of my desired all-black alternate uniforms with the Madden Uniform Editor/Ripper and I know how to add slots in the TUNI section of the DB Editor and enter the UFID, TGID and TUCO. I learned that by reading other helpful discussions/tutorials on this site. But I have yet to figure out how to upload them into my franchise file. Since the game treats a relocated/custom team differently compared to a (2007-08) current NFL team, it seems to store the uniform files (that I created within the game in the relocation process) in a completely different location. I know this because when I added rows to the TUNI section of my franchise file and entered the seemingly correct UFID, TGID and TUCO values, no changes took effect. I even tried un-checking the "team is relocated" box for my Bisons team in Madden Amp and made them a team type "0" instead of 5. But then I lost all my custom art :?

Going through that whole process without finding a way to simply edit the alternate uniforms of my franchise is what prompted me to post here. I feel comfortable about changing anything else if I wanted to - like changing the logos by editing the custom art file, editing anything stadium related by renovating it in the offseason, etc. So if there's a way to permanently change the alternate uniforms through the DB Editor/DFR replacer and what not then I am determined to figure it out :mrgreen:

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:52 am

MikeL95 wrote:

With that being said, the biggest mystery to me is the location of the uniforms of my relocated team in DB Editor/DFR. I already saved a .dat and .uni file of my desired all-black uniforms with the Madden Uniform Editor/Ripper and I know how to add slots in the TUNI section of the DB Editor and enter the UFID, TGID and TUCO. I learned that by reading other helpful discussions/tutorials on this site. But I have yet to figure out how to upload them into my franchise file. Since the game treats a relocated/custom team differently compared to a (2007-08) current NFL team, it seems to store the uniform files (that I created within the game in the relocation process) in a completely different location. I know this because when I added rows to the TUNI section of my franchise file and entered the seemingly correct UFID, TGID and TUCO values, no changes took effect. I even tried un-checking the "team is relocated" box for my Bisons team in Madden Amp and made them a team type "0" instead of 5. But then I lost all my custom art :?

Once you get your uniforms modded the way you want then you can extract the custom uniforms with MUER and replace the uniform parts with uniform parts you modified with Texmod..... Therefore making them permanent.... now if you are satisfied with the way the custom uniforms look and aren't trying to change them to Nike style or something like that then you could extract the uniforms and install them as they are with the exception of you will have to learn how to replace the nameplate because in the extraction process they come out orange..... and this is above my paygrade.... you will have to read some tutorials on how to do this.... Elguapo and Nick would definitely be your friends on this.....

Now with all that being said if you edit the team you originally created the changes should show up in franchise because they both use the same team.dat.....

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:32 pm

Rixster67r wrote:
Now with all that being said if you edit the team you originally created the changes should show up in franchise because they both use the same team.dat.....

If it is that complicated I might just try to make the changes with Texmod but hang on... I'm still not quite understanding where I should be editing my created/relocated team - should I be fixing the uniform.dat or the franchise file within the DB Editor? And is there a team.dat file that I am unaware of, or are you referring to the uniform.dat?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:26 pm

MikeL95 wrote:
Rixster67r wrote:

If it is that complicated I might just try to make the changes with Texmod but hang on... I'm still not quite understanding where I should be editing my created/relocated team - should I be fixing the uniform.dat or the franchise file within the DB Editor? And is there a team.dat file that I am unaware of, or are you referring to the uniform.dat?

You maybe able to export the team from your franchise and import it to a roster and then edit it to your liking..... I don't know this for sure but I think these changes will be to the team still in the franchise as well because when you create a team on a roster it creates a .dat in the custom art folder and the team in the franchise use's the same .dat so you should see the changes there as well..... You should not have to import the edited team in to the franchise..... if this doesn't work let me know because I have another idea if needed....

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:36 pm

Rixster67r wrote:
You maybe able to export the team from your franchise and import it to a roster and then edit it to your liking..... I don't know this for sure but I think these changes will be to the team still in the franchise as well because when you create a team on a roster it creates a .dat in the custom art folder and the team in the franchise use's the same .dat so you should see the changes there as well..... You should not have to import the edited team in to the franchise..... if this doesn't work let me know because I have another idea if needed....

I've already tried that - I've successfully exported my team onto a roster file and edited the uniforms, but then the problem is re-importing them into my franchise.

And you might be on to something regarding the custom art - but I think the custom art .dat file that gets created only stores logos and not the uniforms.

Return to “Franchise Guides”