Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
smg387
Rookie

Re: Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Postby smg387 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi All,

My friend and I have been playing franchise spawned games together with Calhoupe's coop mod and have run into a snag where we cannot progress beyond Week 3 without running into sync issues. Our working theory is that the seasons' first round of progression points are issued after week 3 which is creating a roster mismatch between our machines when we try to play week 4. We've had good stability playing exhibition games and the first three games of the franchise season which is leading us to believe that the issue isn't coming from other possible sources like mod-mismatch.

I'm writing to see if anyone has run into similar issues? Does anyone know how often and at what times progression points are issued during the season by the game? Also, does this mean the franchise to roster conversion process is necessary whenever progression points are issued? If anyone has an easier process for roster management/changes in the case of a shared franchise please let us know!

Thank you everyone for the hard work you've done on understanding rosters and how to keep this game alive!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 20, 2018 3:50 pm

smg387 wrote:Hi All,

My friend and I have been playing franchise spawned games together with Calhoupe's coop mod and have run into a snag where we cannot progress beyond Week 3 without running into sync issues. Our working theory is that the seasons' first round of progression points are issued after week 3 which is creating a roster mismatch between our machines when we try to play week 4. We've had good stability playing exhibition games and the first three games of the franchise season which is leading us to believe that the issue isn't coming from other possible sources like mod-mismatch.

I'm writing to see if anyone has run into similar issues? Does anyone know how often and at what times progression points are issued during the season by the game? Also, does this mean the franchise to roster conversion process is necessary whenever progression points are issued? If anyone has an easier process for roster management/changes in the case of a shared franchise please let us know!

Thank you everyone for the hard work you've done on understanding rosters and how to keep this game alive!

No, this wouldn't help your issue. I have no experience with spawned games, so I can't really help, but one option you could try is picking which file to make the official file and sharing that between each other after progression, so you will be using the same file. You could also disable progression.

Also, progression doesn't normally happen week 4. Did you set it up that way?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

smg387
Rookie

Postby smg387 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:57 pm

RevanFan wrote:

No, this wouldn't help your issue. I have no experience with spawned games, so I can't really help, but one option you could try is picking which file to make the official file and sharing that between each other after progression, so you will be using the same file. You could also disable progression.

We haven't made any adjustments to the default franchise settings that the game sets up with a new franchise.

Our experience with spawned games is that they're pretty straight forward. My friend has the official franchise file and has been spawning games for us to play online as we've progressed through the season up to game 4. I don't have the franchise file on my machine because we've haven't needed it for the first three weeks of the season. I suppose I could try loading the franchise file on my machine before playing but I'm skeptical this would have an effect.

Our premise that progression and roster mismatch is the problem comes from Calhoupe's original writing about the Coop mod needing both computers to have the exact mod and roster files to avoid sync issues. We took great care to make sure we have matching mods so we don't think that's the issue. We haven't tried your suggestion of disabling progression (didn't even realize this was an option), but, this would definitely impact some of how the roster file could be changing.

However, if what you're saying is true, than our sync issues are possibly coming from somewhere else that we haven't anticipated. Our sync issue is arising after the spawned game is fully loaded and we're seeing the opening game screens. We usually make it through the coin toss but not much past kick off.

Thanks for your help RevanFan

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 20, 2018 10:52 pm

smg387 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

We haven't made any adjustments to the default franchise settings that the game sets up with a new franchise.

Our experience with spawned games is that they're pretty straight forward. My friend has the official franchise file and has been spawning games for us to play online as we've progressed through the season up to game 4. I don't have the franchise file on my machine because we've haven't needed it for the first three weeks of the season. I suppose I could try loading the franchise file on my machine before playing but I'm skeptical this would have an effect.

Our premise that progression and roster mismatch is the problem comes from Calhoupe's original writing about the Coop mod needing both computers to have the exact mod and roster files to avoid sync issues. We took great care to make sure we have matching mods so we don't think that's the issue. We haven't tried your suggestion of disabling progression (didn't even realize this was an option), but, this would definitely impact some of how the roster file could be changing.

However, if what you're saying is true, than our sync issues are possibly coming from somewhere else that we haven't anticipated. Our sync issue is arising after the spawned game is fully loaded and we're seeing the opening game screens. We usually make it through the coin toss but not much past kick off.

Have you tested to make sure there's no standard roster-related issues going on? Have you gone through the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist?
My Cowboys Journal

smg387
Rookie

Postby smg387 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:38 pm

RevanFan wrote:
smg387 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:No, this wouldn't help your issue. I have no experience with spawned games, so I can't really help, but one option you could try is picking which file to make the official file and sharing that between each other after progression, so you will be using the same file. You could also disable progression.

Have you tested to make sure there's no standard roster-related issues going on? Have you gone through the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist?

Hey RevenFan. Per your suggestion, we went back and did a more thorough run through of our roster health and sync procedure. It seems my friends version of mainapp.exe was altered for some unknown reason and may have bee causing the sync issue. We've been able to play up to week 14 with no additional issues.

I think we're both still wondering if its possible to make manual edits to franchise rosters. I believe you covered that in another thread however. Thank you for all your help.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu May 24, 2018 4:42 pm

smg387 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
smg387 wrote:

Hey RevenFan. Per your suggestion, we went back and did a more thorough run through of our roster health and sync procedure. It seems my friends version of mainapp.exe was altered for some unknown reason and may have bee causing the sync issue. We've been able to play up to week 14 with no additional issues.

I think we're both still wondering if its possible to make manual edits to franchise rosters. I believe you covered that in another thread however. Thank you for all your help.

You can use NZA's Editor 1.3 to make edits.
My Cowboys Journal

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Fri May 24, 2019 7:21 am

Guys, great guide..

Have a way to also export the career stats from the players?
or I asking too much...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 25, 2019 3:02 am

achernar wrote:Guys, great guide..

or I asking too much...

The career stats can all be found in various tables in the franchise when you view it in the DB Editor. PCOL is career offensive line stats, for instance. However, you would need to do heavy modifications to each player in each file to get it to work. It's just not feasible.
My Cowboys Journal

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Sat May 25, 2019 7:45 am

RevanFan wrote:

or I asking too much...

The career stats can all be found in various tables in the franchise when you view it in the DB Editor. PCOL is career offensive line stats, for instance. However, you would need to do heavy modifications to each player in each file to get it to work. It's just not feasible.

BTW, I didn't found a thread about it... I like to learn more about this tables...
exist sometype of glossary of the table name to what they do in game?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 25, 2019 3:05 pm

achernar wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

or I asking too much...

BTW, I didn't found a thread about it... I like to learn more about this tables...
exist sometype of glossary of the table name to what they do in game?

Not here, no, but I know them. It's pretty easy to figure out if you look closely.

PCDE = Player Career Defensive Stats
PCKI = Player Career Kick and Punt Stats
PCOF = Player Career Offensive Stats
PCKP = Player Career Kick and Punt Return Stats
PCNG = Player Career Games (no idea what the N is for.)
PCOL = Player Career Offensive Line Stats

As for what the individual fields do, I think I have a file somewhere that has many of the definitions, but I'll have to dig around for it. I just reinstalled Windows and not everything is in the usual place yet. I'll PM it to you when I find it.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Franchise Guides”