Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Postby achernar » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:45 pm

RevanFan wrote:
achernar wrote:
phalanx93 wrote:Just looking for an estimate. how long does it take to do a conversion? After 30 years in one franchise. Trying to extend that time frame, use a ton of created players in Madden editor 2.0 (essentially teams that don't make the playoffs get a personnel boost across every position, mainly focusing on rookies.

Plus is there any issue if I've moved teams out of their divisions? (use 8 teams, 1 per division), but my boosting meant that those teams would win the division every year, so I put them all into 1 division in each conference (AFC, NFC)

Maybe 1-hour if is your first time doing... the DB_Editor is slow sometimes (at least in my PC) to read the PLAY table
after you need a little skill with spreadsheets,,, and is done

Are you using elguapo's latest version of the DB Editor? It reads the PLAY table much faster.

I'm using the version that came with MadMod-X (downloaded in May/2019)

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:37 pm

achernar wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
achernar wrote:
Maybe 1-hour if is your first time doing... the DB_Editor is slow sometimes (at least in my PC) to read the PLAY table
after you need a little skill with spreadsheets,,, and is done

Are you using elguapo's latest version of the DB Editor? It reads the PLAY table much faster.

I'm using the version that came with MadMod-X (downloaded in May/2019)

phalanx93 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

As for me, I'm using MadModX, would elguapo's DB Editor be separate from that? And if so, thanks for the info. Haven't yet tried a conversion yet. Looking forward to it.

I don't recommend using that version. The new one by elguapo has been more recently updated, and was rewritten to process tables a lot faster, as well as given new features.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21400
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:03 pm

Very Cool RevanFan, thanks. I'm right on to the download, when given the chance.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:35 pm

Updated to include a link to the recommended version of the DB Editor.
My Cowboys Journal

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:15 am

Thanks, already got it, just waiting for one of my franchise to come to a natural end (30 years) so I can try my hand at it.

And thanks again for streamlining all of the guides into 1 for ease of use.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:47 am

phalanx93 wrote:Thanks, already got it, just waiting for one of my franchise to come to a natural end (30 years) so I can try my hand at it.

And thanks again for streamlining all of the guides into 1 for ease of use.

Each guide had certain methods that I liked, so I just decided to take what was best from each method and pool them together. I think it turned out pretty well.
My Cowboys Journal

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:00 am

I'm in the midst of using the guide on the first page. I'm at the step where I'm sorting PGID and TGID, now I'm using Libreoffice Calc, not Excel, when I do a sorting it asks if I want to extend a selection (link PGID or TGID to something else, I'm not sure what yet.)

My question is do I have to link the players and the two columns, or can I the two sort columns independently? Or is there something I'm missing?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:04 pm

phalanx93 wrote:I'm in the midst of using the guide on the first page. I'm at the step where I'm sorting PGID and TGID, now I'm using Libreoffice Calc, not Excel, when I do a sorting it asks if I want to extend a selection (link PGID or TGID to something else, I'm not sure what yet.)

My question is do I have to link the players and the two columns, or can I the two sort columns independently? Or is there something I'm missing?

The columns all need to stay linked to the correct players. I'm not exactly sure how the sorting function works in Calc, but... I say extend the selection, and if that ends up not being correct, just undo it and do it the other way. As long as you don't save and quit no harm will be done.
My Cowboys Journal

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Thanks, and I figured it out. Don't know how, but Calc keeps the Players linked in a CSV file.

Al the operations are the same, with some minor differences in interface between Calc and Excel. For example, for filling cells in PGID and POID its Sheet - Fill Cells - Fill Series - Start Value: 0 - Increment = 1.

I guess the only thing, just streamline the sorting and filtering. Like with the names, Sorting first names gets one result, sorting last names gets another, I went with last names.

charleeislegend
Rookie

Postby charleeislegend » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:24 pm

Anyone know how to import the coaches to a fresh franchise? I've tried exporting COCH and importing it into the new franchise, but it creates some errors.

Return to “Franchise Guides”