I Have A Doctors Appointment Tomorrow

Anything and everything.
BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: I Have A Doctors Appointment Tomorrow

Postby BUS36 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:12 pm

GREAT NEWS Col. .....I knew that you can do it ( best Waterboy voice). I hope that Christmas and a New 2021 is better for you...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:00 am

Col. Trautman wrote:Great news! I'm back home; the orbital MRI showed the doctor that there is currently no need for surgery or treatment on my eye, followup in 3 month though. I'm am more fatigued than ever, but at least I'm home.

2020 has been a particularly terrible year for most everyone, but you've especially had some struggles. Hopefully this is a sign that your 2021 is going to be a hell of a lot better. Keep going strong!
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:07 pm

Col. what's the latest with you?? I hope all is well??

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry i haven't posted recently, but it has been really rough, my health has continued to deteriorate. I'm having surgery on Thursday to remove a quickly growing growth in my right thumb. I have to see yet another neurologist at the end of August to start looking for an auto immune disease (non sexual) as I am getting more and more fatigued very easy. I was back to walking 10 miles a week from March-May, now since the end of June a simple 20 minute workout leaves me breathless with chest pain and a heart rate over 165. My mouth goes numb in heat which spreads to the rest of my body with the worst weakness and pins and needles being on my left side. Back when I first had to go to the ER when this all started the doctor suggested I had MS, we never followed up on that since the brain tumor. We are starting to look again. The brain tumor provided a considerable lesion, but they haven't done an MRI of my spine to look for lesions there. My epilepsy has been somewhat controlled by my meds, but not enough as I still get bad clusters and I have gotten some bad injuries, (gash in my head and bicep, badly twisted ankle and a concussion) I have to have a long term video EEG where they take me off of my meds and try to capture a seizure. Over 95% of mine are non convulsive so the video part could be a moot point. This Thursday's surgery was going to be done with a local anesthetic for my whole arm and I would be totally aware during it, but I realized that excessive stress would probably trigger a bad seizure cluster and we don't need convulsions on an operating table so I will be having the local AND a type of anesthesia where you are kind of there, but not like twilight, but not pitch black like general anesthesia. I will probably be pretty queasy, and the surgeon told me I would be in a LOT of pain, this is going to be especially tough as we use our hands for everything. So far we don't even know exactly what this growth is but the speed it has been growing at and causing pain means it has to come out right away. I will try to update more frequently again I'm sorry I haven't posted recently. Take care all with this crazy Delta variant going around I don't want you guys getting sick!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:22 am

Col.Trautman...

I will always stand with you and guide the healing powers that are needed. Never ever give up on yourself!!!!! Cause I will never give up on you PERIOD!!
You have gone through many pitfalls but you are still here... your heart, mind and soul are not going to fail you. YOU WILL COME OUT OF THIS STRONGER.
I say a prayer for you ever night and whenever I can...

Dear Lord,
Please watch my friend Col.Trautman. He is a good man who needs your help. Help him get stronger and that he can live a great and fruitful life. He has suffered so much over the past years, he needs your divine power and your healing grace. I ask this for my friend he needs you more than ever.
AMEN!!

Bus36
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:56 pm

I have some good news about that growth in my thumb; it turned out to be a hard ganglion cyst that was surgically removed. My hand is still recovering with the surgery right on the joint itself so it will take quite a while maybe 3 months or so to heal. My next neurology appointment is for the 30th so I will see how that will go. Seizures are still a problem and I am on an epilepsy monitoring unit waiting list. I have a twitter account now @coltrautman2 I made for as twitter wasn't letting me watch highlight clips for some reason. That is my latest update at this time...

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:I have some good news about that growth in my thumb; it turned out to be a hard ganglion cyst that was surgically removed. My hand is still recovering with the surgery right on the joint itself so it will take quite a while maybe 3 months or so to heal. My next neurology appointment is for the 30th so I will see how that will go. Seizures are still a problem and I am on an epilepsy monitoring unit waiting list. I have a twitter account now @coltrautman2 I made for as twitter wasn't letting me watch highlight clips for some reason. That is my latest update at this time...

That's good to hear Col.T. Keep up your good spirits and effort to win this epic battle. Thank you for keeping us all informed. We care.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:39 am

Good to hear that you are getting better..... prayer continues.... :D ;)

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:55 am

A very long overdue and late update. I'm not a well man, my thumb surgery went well a year ago. There was only minor nerve damage. My main hobby (guitar playing) was hindered a bit. The fatigue I mentioned a few posts ago was never explainable. I have had a cough since 2019, in 2019 it was intermittent and dry. By late summer 2020 and early 2021 it was more persistent, like when I laughed really hard. I chalked it up to radiation as I was going through that at that time. By early this year I was getting this nagging dry cough when I laughed and when I got up from bed. This June I got really fatigued like what I mentioned in a previous post but multiplied. In July I developed a constant headache that has continued unabated as of this post. I have lost all appetite and I force feed myself. My cough is almost constant with any strain. I get exhausted even doing the dishes. I saw the doctor. He heard my cough and immediately ordered an X-Ray. It was normal?!!!! He ordered blood work and I'm waiting on those results. My doctor put me on an Abuterol inhaler for my cough, (he's is treating this like asthma). He can't explain the fatigue, loss of appetite, and sweats. I'm typing this out now as one of the side effects of my new med is insomnia, since I can't sleep anyway. This med is great for someone with progressive fatigue isn't it???? I studied medicine in high school as an elective. My symptoms seem to be pointing to an early stage Lymphoma. At the urgency the tests are being ordered it seems to bear that out. I thought for sure with that cough I have the X ray would have shown something but it was clear. Even my doctor said it was horrible after I nearly threw up. All I know is that I'm sick, with what ? Who knows... I will post again and God willing I will finally have something good to post about. I'll chat soon! Sorry for typos or anything I may have forgotten I'm basically on autopilot 24/7 now. The inhaler really doesn't seem to be getting to the root of my problem which IS in my left lung. I hope to make that clear after I give my new med its full 2-3 week trial period, as long as it doesn't worsen my epilepsy. Basically I've been up Shit Creek for 2 years and I'm almost ready to quit trying anymore. I just want this just to be over. ( NO this isn't some type of suicide note!!!!!) I'm just venting my complete exhaustion and anger into cyberspace. My family can't take it as it is so close. I'm sorry guys and gals whatever the case may be.... I just feel sick and no one can tell me what it is :cry:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:08 pm

Have you tried seeing a different doctor? Sometimes a second opinion can provide more context and clues, and they might even find something missed by the previous doctor.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”