XOR NFL Challenge

Anything and everything.
stratonapba
Rookie

Re: XOR NFL Challenge

Postby stratonapba » Sun May 07, 2023 3:44 pm

Skrabec23 wrote:Hi Thank You for all your work on this version. I downloaded and tried to run a game, but I received a NFL file not found error, then a no PLYB file, then no curve file, then no starting lineup or roster count error. I obviously didn’t set the game up correctly….I kept taking the needed files from the previous version of the game. Is there some guidance on setting the game, or installing the game?Read me fie didn’t help much…..please help

Neil

Maybe You Can Pick a League File like 2023 and give it a spin.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Skrabec23
Rookie

Postby Skrabec23 » Wed May 10, 2023 10:21 am

Is the black and white field in this version, from ProLeague …..?.? I can’t find it….

stratonapba
Rookie

Postby stratonapba » Thu May 11, 2023 10:56 am

Skrabec23 wrote:Is the black and white field in this version, from ProLeague …..?.? I can’t find it….

Well we only had a Color Football Field in this version if you can play with DosBox however the Black and White Field isn't on the MS-DOS Version it's in the Apple Macintosh Version.

Also: I've added sources so you can make research on Creating Your Own College Football Teams for NFL Challenge so I've used the following link to share it with you so you can make research

Link: https://archive.org/details/college-football-preview

However I'm Working On My First Update for NFL Challenge, I'll Share It For You ASAP.

stratonapba
Rookie

Postby stratonapba » Sat May 20, 2023 2:52 am

This Just In: I've Made the First Update for the 2023 Edition of NFL Challenge with some more College Football Teams from the past as well as the Final 4 Teams in the 2022 College Football Playoff, More To Come as I'm going to Upload Version 2.

Here's The Download Link: https://archive.org/details/nfl-challen ... ion_202305

stratonapba
Rookie

Postby stratonapba » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:58 am

And So It's Official: A New Update of XOR's NFL Challenge is uploaded with Updated 2023 Rosters after Week 2 of the 2023 NFL Season as well as the entire 2023 NCAA FBS College Football Season as well as some FCS Teams thrown in for good measure as well as more college football teams from the past.

Here's The Link: https://archive.org/details/nfl-challen ... ion_202309

tvannaman
Rookie

Postby tvannaman » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:49 pm

How do you use the additional rosters? I notice the league.nfl file only has 28 teams. I see the freeagent.ros files, how are those used?

I've been looking for the 32 team mod where I can natively run NFL challenge without having to monkey around with renaming roster files.

Thanks.

Tim.

zonecadet
Rookie

Postby zonecadet » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:51 pm

tvannaman wrote:How do you use the additional rosters? I notice the league.nfl file only has 28 teams. I see the freeagent.ros files, how are those used?

I've been looking for the 32 team mod where I can natively run NFL challenge without having to monkey around with renaming roster files.

Thanks.

Tim.

Pretty sure you can't run more than 28 teams and that is hard-coded into the game. You can, however, run less than 28 by altering the league.nfl file as long as you understand the formatting.

smatchymo
Rookie

Postby smatchymo » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:05 pm

Edit 2 Solved: There's an issue with the 2023 NFL rosters. I'm seeing multiple people with number 127 and those need to be cleaned up in the .ros and .nfl files in order to work. I was able to fix the Las Vegas Raiders by changing those numbers and making sure all of the numbers for the starters were valid.

I've tried using the 2023 NFL rosters that were loaded by stratonapba, but I'm running into errors when using teams that differ from what's listed in the league.nfl file, for example: Tennessee Titans, Washington Commanders, etc. I renamed the Oilers to the Titans in the league.nfl file, and I changed the Washington Redskins to the Washington Commanders and Redskins to the Comms to match the .nfl and .ros file names. The error I'm getting says "not enough starters". Has anyone tried using any modern teams that didn't exist when the game was first issued? How did you get them to work?

Edit: Sorry for the double message. I missed the part about needing moderator approval.

smatchymo
Rookie

Postby smatchymo » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:42 pm

tvannaman wrote:How do you use the additional rosters? I notice the league.nfl file only has 28 teams. I see the freeagent.ros files, how are those used?

Thanks.

Tim.

Edit 2 Solved: There's an issue with the 2023 NFL rosters. I'm seeing multiple people with number 127 and those need to be cleaned up in the .ros and .nfl files in order to work. I was able to fix the Las Vegas Raiders by changing those numbers and making sure all of the numbers for the starters were valid.

I'm brand new here and I have a similar question and possibly a partial answer. I was curious about the 2023 NFL rosters that stratonascar loaded. I've tried playing with them, and some work, but some teams give me an error stating not enough starters. I've mostly tested the teams that required making changes to the league.nfl because they're new or their name had changed, but the ones I've confirmed so far that are giving me this error are: Las Vegas Raiders, Tennessee Titans, and Houston Texans. The Tennessee Titans is a new team, but the Jaguars and Panthers are both confirmed to be working for me and they were new teams as well. Has anyone else run into this issue with the 2023 rosters? Up until this point I've only used the 84 and 89 rosters.

I do have 32 teams to choose from though. On the league.nfl file I changed the 28 at the top to 32. I then added any missing teams and adjusted the names of any teams that have changed. I also organized them into my own new make believe divisions. Then at the bottom I changed the numbers to reflect my divisions in the order I listed them. For example I had 5 teams in the East and West divisions in both the AFC and NFC and had 6 teams in both of the Central divisions. So the number was 565565.

Edit: Sorry for the double message. I missed the part about needing moderator approval.

zonecadet
Rookie

Postby zonecadet » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:12 am

smatchymo wrote:

Thanks.

Tim.

I'm brand new here and I have a similar question and possibly a partial answer. I was curious about the 2023 NFL rosters that stratonascar loaded. I've tried playing with them, and some work, but some teams give me an error stating not enough starters. I've mostly tested the teams that required making changes to the league.nfl because they're new or their name had changed, but the ones I've confirmed so far that are giving me this error are: Las Vegas Raiders, Tennessee Titans, and Houston Texans. The Tennessee Titans is a new team, but the Jaguars and Panthers are both confirmed to be working for me and they were new teams as well. Has anyone else run into this issue with the 2023 rosters? Up until this point I've only used the 84 and 89 rosters.

I do have 32 teams to choose from though. On the league.nfl file I changed the 28 at the top to 32. I then added any missing teams and adjusted the names of any teams that have changed. I also organized them into my own new make believe divisions. Then at the bottom I changed the numbers to reflect my divisions in the order I listed them. For example I had 5 teams in the East and West divisions in both the AFC and NFC and had 6 teams in both of the Central divisions. So the number was 565565.

Not enough starters can be that you have 49 players but at the top the number is different, or it says 49 at the top but you only have 48. It can also be an error in numbering of the starters. Like the QB is number 10 but shown as the starter with #11 when there is no #11 on the team.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”