Mutant Football League & Blood Bowl 3

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:02 pm

I was searching PC football games and came across two that I never heard of. Mutant FootbalI League and Blood Bowl 3. Mutant Football looked really cool so I decided to spend the $14 for the digital download version. I just finished the download and I think it's going to be fun and different from Madden. From the youtube video's I watched, it seems like a NFL Blitz style game. I also too a look at a few Blood Bowl 3 videos and may dive in there also! Although I'm not to sure about turn based dice football, but I'm intrigued and will review it further before I make a final decision.

Has anyone else played the Blood Bowl series or the Mutant Football League and if so what are your thoughts?

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: Mutant Football League & Blood Bowl 3

Postby rogerjinx » Sat May 08, 2021 1:28 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:I was searching PC football games and came across two that I never heard of. Mutant FootbalI League and Blood Bowl 3. Mutant Football looked really cool so I decided to spend the $14 for the digital download version. I just finished the download and I think it's going to be fun and different from Madden. From the youtube video's I watched, it seems like a NFL Blitz style game. I also too a look at a few Blood Bowl 3 videos and may dive in there also! Although I'm not to sure about turn based dice football, but I'm intrigued and will review it further before I make a final decision.

Has anyone else played the Blood Bowl series or the Mutant Football League and if so what are your thoughts?

Have played Blood Bowl 2 before. Not sure if you if call it tactical mode where every action uses dice and it is painfully slow when micromanaging them. Havent tried the other mode maybe
because my graphic card isnt good at that time yet. It is worth a shot since they it is BB3.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:52 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:I was searching PC football games and came across two that I never heard of. Mutant FootbalI League and Blood Bowl 3. Mutant Football looked really cool so I decided to spend the $14 for the digital download version. I just finished the download and I think it's going to be fun and different from Madden. From the youtube video's I watched, it seems like a NFL Blitz style game. I also too a look at a few Blood Bowl 3 videos and may dive in there also! Although I'm not to sure about turn based dice football, but I'm intrigued and will review it further before I make a final decision.

Have played Blood Bowl 2 before. Not sure if you if call it tactical mode where every action uses dice and it is painfully slow when micromanaging them. Havent tried the other mode maybe
because my graphic card isnt good at that time yet. It is worth a shot since they it is BB3.

It's good to hear you gave it a go Jinx! BB3 is scheduled for release in August. I will give BB2 more review before I try it or I may even wait until BB3 is released! I've watch a few matches on youtube! It looks fun when the action gets going!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun May 09, 2021 10:40 am

Mutant League Football Dynasty Edition is hilarious and fun. It's fast pace and will have you laughing the entire game. I got my first game in. The Karcass City Creep (me) vs. the New Orleans Zombies (ai). First, the field is filled with obstacles and traps, mutant worms impaling spikes, buzzsaws, landmines and blood pits. There are guarded goal posts making kicking more difficult.

And some stadiums like Terror Bay (Tampa Bay) have guns firing at opposing team players as they get closer to the endzone. I started on defense and the first play I killed the RB of the Zombie team! Yep, killed him, Alvin Killmora, but he was replaced by Ratavious Scurvy.

Just like NFL Blitz, there are plenty of after play antics and a variety of tackle animations. You can kick, punch, slam and even lay some elbow drops on players to reduce their health bar. Also you can bribe or attack the referees. Teams and players have unique special abilities. I found out the hard way after the ai RB turn his ability on and brutally ran through every tackle attempt scoring a go ahead touchdown from 37 yards out.

The teams rosters use current NFL players. Patrick Mahomes is Hatrick Myhomies. Tyreek Hill is Tyfreak Thrill, Sammy Watkins is Whammy Swatkins (died after falling into a chasm), and Travis Kelce is Ravage Belche just to name a few!

Field goal scoring is fun because you can get up to 5 points depending on the length of the successful field goal attempt. So, after my first exhibition game which I lost, I give Mutant Football a thumbs up! :D

Return to “Other Football Games”