NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty Save File Editing

kkende112233
All-Pro

Re: NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty Save File Editing

Postby kkende112233 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Harry97 wrote:
kkende112233 wrote:im wondering when you reach the end of a dynasty (I think its 30 years, or is it 60?) is there a way through save file editing that you could continue the dynasty? is there a way to change the year back to the first season, but keep all the league in tact? or change the maximum length of dynasty? if I export every CSV from a dynasty thats at its end season, and import them into one thats at its start, would I be able to play another 30 years/60 years? that would be great. I'm 11 years into mine and I know its a long ways from ending but the thought is starting to creep up in my mind since I do finish seasons pretty quickly.

That's a good question. I've never tested that many years in a Dynasty to see if it ever ends, but you may be able to accomplish that by editing the SEAI.csv and reducing the value of SSYR. SSYR changes the year you are in and changing it also affects the BCS bowl rotations, so which BCS Bowl is the National Title Game. SSYR keeps increasing by 1 each year, starting at 0. So in your first season, you'll notice SSYR = 0, when you're in Season 2, SSYR = 1, in Season 3, SSYR = 2, etc. But you can change the SSYR and it will change the year you are in and the BCS Bowl rotation for that season.

So in your first season of Dynasty, if you change SSYR to 1 (instead of 0) then you'll see it'll say 2006 instead of 2005, and when you sim to the end of the season, the BCS Championship will be the Fiesta Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl. So you can use SSYR not only to change the year but also change what Bowl is the BCS Title Game. If you're in the 11th year of your dynasty, the SSYR value should be 10. I discovered this a few months back when I was trying to edit bowl selection. If you scroll through the topic, you can find some posts about it. You could try reducing the SSYR value when you near 30 years in a Dynasty if you're worried about it ending. Maybe lowering that will keep Dynasty going longer. Only one way to find out.

thats amazing!! thankyou!!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:48 pm

Harry97 wrote:.

do u know is it possible to remove probation from a team? or lower their ncaa interest meter? I wanted to get into ncaa 09 someday but all I've heard is how half the teams end up on probation every year which ruins dynasty mode.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:00 pm

kkende112233 wrote:

do u know is it possible to remove probation from a team? or lower their ncaa interest meter? I wanted to get into ncaa 09 someday but all I've heard is how half the teams end up on probation every year which ruins dynasty mode.

Anarchy666 found this out over in the OS topic, so props to him for finding this. And also thanks to jdhalfrack who did some additional testing to clarify exactly what these do, including the range of values associated with these fields. (So this is information I found over in the OS topic)

From jdhalfrack's post, in the TEAM.csv :

INPO - This determines how "interested" the NCAA is in the team. The range can be from 0 to 255, but at 100, the bar is filled. Values larger than 100 continue to be counted.

SNCT - This determines the sanctions on the team. The values range from 0 to 7, but only 0 to 4 matter (5-7 are treated the same as 4).

0: none
1: 10 less scholarships
2: 15 less scholarships, 2 year TV ban
3: 20 less scholarships, 2 year TV ban, 2 year bowl ban
4: 25 less scholarships, 2 year TV ban, 2 year bowl ban

SDUR - This determines how long the scholarship sanctions last in terms of years. The values range from 0 to 7. This does not affect the TV or bowl bans.

I appreciate all the OS guys work you did finding these things out. By no means can I take credit for finding these, I am just sharing what they found with you. So thanks again to antdroid, Anarchy666, and jdhalfrack and anyone else over at OS who found this stuff out and tested it!!

So, to remove a team from probation, I'm guessing you just go through the TEAM.csv and make every team's SNCT = 0. And it sounds like lowering the INPO value makes teams less likely to get sanctioned or put on probation in the first place.

Also, apparently TMAR is a Team's Academic Rating and TMPR is Team Prestige.

Remember, with the TEAM.csv, you cannot import an edited TEAM.csv through the Madden Editor without making hex edits, so you'll need to make changes to these fields directly in the editor.

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:40 pm

Harry97 wrote:
kkende112233 wrote:

Anarchy666 found this out over in the OS topic, so props to him for finding this. And also thanks to jdhalfrack who did some additional testing to clarify exactly what these do, including the range of values associated with these fields. (So this is information I found over in the OS topic)

From jdhalfrack's post, in the TEAM.csv :

INPO - This determines how "interested" the NCAA is in the team. The range can be from 0 to 255, but at 100, the bar is filled. Values larger than 100 continue to be counted.

SNCT - This determines the sanctions on the team. The values range from 0 to 7, but only 0 to 4 matter (5-7 are treated the same as 4).

0: none
1: 10 less scholarships
2: 15 less scholarships, 2 year TV ban
3: 20 less scholarships, 2 year TV ban, 2 year bowl ban
4: 25 less scholarships, 2 year TV ban, 2 year bowl ban

SDUR - This determines how long the scholarship sanctions last in terms of years. The values range from 0 to 7. This does not affect the TV or bowl bans.

I appreciate all the OS guys work you did finding these things out. By no means can I take credit for finding these, I am just sharing what they found with you. So thanks again to antdroid, Anarchy666, and jdhalfrack and anyone else over at OS who found this stuff out and tested it!!

So, to remove a team from probation, I'm guessing you just go through the TEAM.csv and make every team's SNCT = 0. And it sounds like lowering the INPO value makes teams less likely to get sanctioned or put on probation in the first place.

Also, apparently TMAR is a Team's Academic Rating and TMPR is Team Prestige.

Remember, with the TEAM.csv, you cannot import an edited TEAM.csv through the Madden Editor without making hex edits, so you'll need to make changes to these fields directly in the editor.

wow thankyou so much! that is so helpful!

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:46 pm

Harry97 wrote:
kkende112233 wrote:im wondering when you reach the end of a dynasty (I think its 30 years, or is it 60?) is there a way through save file editing that you could continue the dynasty? is there a way to change the year back to the first season, but keep all the league in tact? or change the maximum length of dynasty? if I export every CSV from a dynasty thats at its end season, and import them into one thats at its start, would I be able to play another 30 years/60 years? that would be great. I'm 11 years into mine and I know its a long ways from ending but the thought is starting to creep up in my mind since I do finish seasons pretty quickly.

That's a good question. I've never tested that many years in a Dynasty to see if it ever ends, but you may be able to accomplish that by editing the SEAI.csv and reducing the value of SSYR. SSYR changes the year you are in and changing it also affects the BCS bowl rotations, so which BCS Bowl is the National Title Game. SSYR keeps increasing by 1 each year, starting at 0. So in your first season, you'll notice SSYR = 0, when you're in Season 2, SSYR = 1, in Season 3, SSYR = 2, etc. But you can change the SSYR and it will change the year you are in and the BCS Bowl rotation for that season.

So in your first season of Dynasty, if you change SSYR to 1 (instead of 0) then you'll see it'll say 2006 instead of 2005, and when you sim to the end of the season, the BCS Championship will be the Fiesta Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl. So you can use SSYR not only to change the year but also change what Bowl is the BCS Title Game. If you're in the 11th year of your dynasty, the SSYR value should be 10. I discovered this a few months back when I was trying to edit bowl selection. If you scroll through the topic, you can find some posts about it. You could try reducing the SSYR value when you near 30 years in a Dynasty if you're worried about it ending. Maybe lowering that will keep Dynasty going longer. Only one way to find out.

I tried this and was able to change the year of the dynasty back to 2006 when I was in my 20th season. I dunno if the game will still stop you after 30 years or not but its a good start thankyou so much. do you happen to know how to edit recruiting classes? is it possible to switch them around (give alabamas recruiting class to.. idaho.. or something like that) or switch it out with a recruiting class from another game like ncaa09 recruiting class onto ncaa06? or how to do a mass ratings edit like for example if I think a position is too slow I could give +5 speed to all of them with a few clicks. is there a way to do that? sorry for so many questions but u are so helpful and I have tried to do this myself but just run out of time and ideas

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 am

kkende112233 wrote:I tried this and was able to change the year of the dynasty back to 2006 when I was in my 20th season. I dunno if the game will still stop you after 30 years or not but its a good start thankyou so much.

Awesome, you're more than welcome my friend. It is great that you have tested this! If you are able to test another 10-15 years of Dynasty to see if you can get past 30 years total after making this change I'd be interested to hear if this change made that possible. Do we even know for sure that an NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty actually ended after 30 years of Dynasty or was that just a rumor / theory?

If in fact a Dynasty does end at some point, like after 30 seasons, I'd imagine that reversing the values in SEAI.csv to the original values that were there in the first year of a new Dynasty would likely do the trick and make the Dynasty go on forever that way. So if reverting SSYR back to 0 alone doesn't do the trick, there's other values inside of SEAI.csv that may work and allow a dynasty to go on forever. So just as a backup, you may want to export the whole SEAI.csv from a fresh new dynasty before you start your first season, then use that SEAI.csv to import into your Dynasty save after so many seasons, in the case that changing only SSYR to 0 doesn't keep it going forever. There's a lot of other values in SEAI.csv that have yet to be identified, but SSYR is useful because not only does it determine the year you are in, but it also changes the bowl rotations for the season you're in when you advance into bowl season, so you can control which BCS bowl is the National Championship for example just by editing SSYR.

kkende112233 wrote:do you happen to know how to edit recruiting classes? is it possible to switch them around (give alabamas recruiting class to.. idaho.. or something like that) or switch it out with a recruiting class from another game like ncaa09 recruiting class onto ncaa06?

That's a great idea, but I really haven't looked into how to edit recruiting classes. I don't even know what TAB the recruits are listed in or if they are sorted by team or if we can even edit the recruits names for example. Maybe somebody knows. That'd be useful if we could swap the recruiting classes of Alabama's to Idaho's so that Idaho starts getting the best players and becomes a national power after just a couple of years of simming or something. I bet there's some way to do that, I just haven't looked into it. There's a lot still yet to uncover in the Dynasty save.

kkende112233 wrote:or how to do a mass ratings edit like for example if I think a position is too slow I could give +5 speed to all of them with a few clicks. is there a way to do that? sorry for so many questions but u are so helpful and I have tried to do this myself but just run out of time and ideas

Yes I can help you with this. But it takes more than just a few clicks. You need to use EXCEL to mass edit your player ratings. I can walk you through it. You have to export the PLAY.csv table, which is the full list of players and their ratings in your roster/dynasty, from your BASLUS file, then open it up in Excel. I've done this with several of my rosters and Dynasty saves, and if you really spend time mass-editing your ratings and testing your changes in-game, you can dramatically transform your roster and gameplay by mass editing ratings this way.

Do you have EXCEL?

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:46 am

Harry97 wrote: If you are able to test another 10-15 years of Dynasty to see if you can get past 30 years total after making this change I'd be interested to hear if this change made that possible. Do we even know for sure that an NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty actually ended after 30 years of Dynasty or was that just a rumor / theory?
I'm not sure, maybe its just a rumor. But I swear I've seen a screenshot or something of someone at the end of a dynasty and it doesn't let you advance to a new season.

Harry97 wrote:That'd be useful if we could swap the recruiting classes of Alabama's to Idaho's so that Idaho starts getting the best players and becomes a national power after just a couple of years of simming or something. I bet there's some way to do that, I just haven't looked into it. There's a lot still yet to uncover in the Dynasty save.

yeah it would be neat to try. I actually had a idea of some sort of lottery system or something where like the worst teams get the best recruiting classes. the 119th ranked team gets the #1 recruiting class and the #1 team would get the 119th and so on and so forth. it would be fun to see what happens.

Harry97 wrote:Yes I can help you with this. But it takes more than just a few clicks. You need to use EXCEL to mass edit your player ratings. I can walk you through it. You have to export the PLAY.csv table, which is the full list of players and their ratings in your roster/dynasty, from your BASLUS file, then open it up in Excel. I've done this with several of my rosters and Dynasty saves, and if you really spend time mass-editing your ratings and testing your changes in-game, you can dramatically transform your roster and gameplay by mass editing ratings this way.

Do you have EXCEL?

I'll look into getting EXCEL so I can do that! I'm very happy to know its possible! this kind of goes hand in hand with the editing recruiting classes I asked about too if we could figure out how to edit those.

thanks again for your help !

navygoat1998
Rookie

Postby navygoat1998 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:57 pm

Silly question! How do I edit the names in an NCAA 2006 roster file, when I open the file in the Extreme editor I don't see names.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 pm

navygoat1998 wrote:Silly question! How do I edit the names in an NCAA 2006 roster file, when I open the file in the Extreme editor I don't see names.

Not a silly question at all. In a NCAA 06 roster, each letter of a player name is its own column with a value for each letter. So you can only edit a player name one letter at a time in the editor by changing the value. The columns that consist of the letters in player names are the columns at the far left of the roster when opening up the PLAY table in the editor (PF01, PF02, etc for first name letters and PL01, PL02, etc for last name letters) and there are different values for uppercase letters and lowercase letters.

In the player name "letter" fields : (PF01, PF02 . . . PL01, PL02 . . .)

1-26 is code for lower case a-z
27-52 is code for upper case A-Z
53 is code for - (dash)
54 is code for ' (apostrophe)
55 is code for . (period)

If you are trying to find a specific player in the list of players in the PLAY table, the players are grouped by team in order based on Team ID (TGID) and Player ID (PGID). Each team has exactly 70 specific, consecutive PGIDs (Player ID) that are allocated for each team.

So in the PLAY table (list of all the players and their ratings), you can find the players for a specific team by finding the TGID for the team your player is on then multiplying the TGID x 70 to get the lowest PGID # allocated for that team. If there are less than 70 players on that team, you won't find the highest PGID allocated for that team. The highest PGID for the team you want is (TGID x 70) + 69. You can find the list of TGIDs for each school by searching through a Dynasty save file's TEAM table.

So, if you scroll through your roster's PLAY table, by PGIDs, PGIDs 70-139 are the players on Air Force. (Air Force has a TGID of 1) PGIDs 140-209 are the players on Akron. (Akron has a TGID of 2) PGIDs 210-279 are the players on Alabama. (Alabama has a TGID of 3) etc

Minnesota, for example, has a TGID of 54. (54 x 70 = 3780) So PGIDs 3780 - 3849 are the players on Minnesota. If, for example, there are only 69 players on Minnesota, instead of the maximum 70, you'll see that PGID 3849 will be missing when you scroll through your list. You'll notice that all the PGIDs do not line up exactly with the name of the school, however it starts with Air Force and most of the schools are in alphabetically order via PGID list. Some of the schools, like Troy, USF, Florida Atlantic, and Florida International for example, have PGIDs after the Wyoming player's PGIDs. To find your player within the range of PGIDs for the team he is on, you can locate him within the ranges of PGIDs for that team by finding the column for PJEN which is the Jersey Number for your player.

esayem
Veteran

Postby esayem » Mon May 10, 2021 7:59 am

A couple things I’ve noticed about Tiburon Stadium:

1) There is an obvious state of Florida flag in there. So I had the idea I’d move FAMU up and let them play there.

2) There are ONLY night games there no matter what. I though maybe it was a dome, but no, there is a night sky. I believe it rains a lot too. So I think it is more of a fantasy stadium like some of the others. The architecture is strange as well; it has opera-like balconies.

Return to “Other Football Games”