NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty Save File Editing

minotauri
All-Pro

Re: NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty Save File Editing

Postby minotauri » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:39 pm

Harry97 wrote:Thank you for this. I know the decompressed League.DAT file was in the NEXT release, but that file's values were heavily edited to work with your mod, right? This is the original un-edited (decompressed) file that you posted here, correct?

Also can you give a general overview of what you can edit in this file, anotherwords is this file what allows you to edit the team colors when you scroll through Play Now (outside of Dynasty)? Given the name "League" .DAT it would sound like it would only edit stuff inside Dynasty Mode. But if this edits aspects of the game outside of Dynasty, like the team colors in Play Now, that would be good to know.

Yes the files attached should be the original files unmodified except for the decompression algorithm applied.
You can edit anything in it. It will look very familiar to you once you open it in DB Editor. :) Let me know if you have questions, or join us on DISCORD :)

Harry97 wrote:In an effort to solve this issue, I think back to the "intro sequence" jersey name glitch, and when I brought that to your attention, how you explained that if you put the roster in Template.dat or wherever you put it (instead of just on the memory card) then the glitch wouldn't occur. But if the roster on the memory card didn't match the one in the .DAT, the glitch would happen. I wonder if the same concept can be used to solve this custom team name / commentary Air Force reference issue. Perhaps the "custom" team name needs to be in the TEAM table in the .DAT as well, not just in the Dynasty save. If there are several different places where the TEAM table is, then we need to make a change to a team name in all the various TEAM tables throughout the .DATs and see if any of them causes the commentary to announce the team correctly with a custom name.

And if that doesn't do it, then perhaps take a closer look at how the commentary announces Create-A-School team names.

Yea, I don't think the solution is the same as the player names unfortunately, since the mod modified the original internal databases as well. It must have to do with the speech files. There is a dat file called SPEECH DIRECTORY or something, that I haven't deciphered yet, but maybe that holds clues.
I also go by Antdroid on other forums and places.

https://www.ncaanext.com - NCAA 06 NEXT Mod
https://discord.ncaanext.com - NCAA & Madden NEXT PS2 Discord

Sponsor

Sponsor

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:35 pm

minotauri wrote:Yes the files attached should be the original files unmodified except for the decompression algorithm applied.
You can edit anything in it. It will look very familiar to you once you open it in DB Editor. :) Let me know if you have questions, or join us on DISCORD :)

Thank you for that. I will take a look and will let you know if I have any questions.
minotauri wrote:Yea, I don't think the solution is the same as the player names unfortunately, since the mod modified the original internal databases as well. It must have to do with the speech files. There is a dat file called SPEECH DIRECTORY or something, that I haven't deciphered yet, but maybe that holds clues.

OK so it sounds like you already tested all the TEAM.csvs with custom team names. Given that, it would make sense that the speech .DATs may be where we are able to get correct commentator / PA announcer custom team references.

esayem
Veteran

Postby esayem » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:04 pm

Harry97 wrote:In this topic :

https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/vie ... =90&t=1902

the columns named SRES, STYP, SCAP and SFTY also appear in the STAD table inside the NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty Save File.

However, the other columns mentioned in this topic like SCCS, SCLL, SCLB, STRY, SRAT, SFWE, STRY do not appear in the STAD table inside the NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty Save File.

BelieverInTeal describes stadiums with an STYP value of 1 being so-called custom stadiums in Madden 08 PC that use SP(x) values instead of the SRES value. This doesn't appear to work like this in the NCAA 06 PS2 Save File as the stadiums in NCAA 06 that have STYP = 1 are exclusively the dome stadiums and there are no other columns in the STAD table that start with SP. There are two columns named SMLX and SMLY.

When I create-a-school and create-a-stadium in it then import that team into a new dynasty to try to find the equivalent columns to edit stadiums in Madden 08 PC, the column names referenced in that topic for Madden 08 PC are not there. In my create-a-school that I imported into Dynasty, the STYP for that school's create-a-stadium is not 1 but is 0. (and this would be a custom stadium since it was created in create-a-school) So this STYP column appears to work differently in NCAA 06 than it does in Madden 08 PC. STYP = 1 is only for domed stadiums in NCAA 06 but in Madden 08 PC a STYP value of 1 apparently means it's a custom stadium, whereas my custom create-a-team stadium in NCAA 06 has STYP = 0.

It was stated that in Madden 08 PC's STAD csv :

BelieverInTeal wrote:You will also want to check whether your stadium is climate controlled or not. This is done by scanning the STRY value. 0 = no and 1 = yes.

I'm guessing this means to allow weather for a stadium like rain or snow or not in Madden 08 PC you can turn weather on or off for the stadium with an STRY value of 0 or 1. But in the STAD csv inside NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty Save File there is no column name STRY, instead there's a column which appears to turn weather on or off which is the far right column in the STAD csv named "STfw" (that's with an uppercase ST and a lowercase fw).

This STfw column is 0 for domed teams and values between 1-30 for all the outdoor stadiums which I'm guessing controls how probable weather like rain or snow is. So while some column names are the same, many of the column names appear to be different for the STAD table in NCAA 06 PS2 vs the STAD table in Madden 08 PC.

So dispute having some of the same column names, the STAD csv appears to work quite differently in Madden 08 PC than it does in NCAA 06 PS2. While SRES seems to work in NCAA 06 as described in that topic, other columns like STYP appear to work differently and many of the other column names referenced there are not present in the NCAA 06 PS2 STAD csv.

Did you ever come across a way to swap created stadiums in for existing schools?

Also, in an earlier post you talked about an unused WAC 35 yd line logo. Where did you find that?

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:23 am

esayem wrote:Did you ever come across a way to swap created stadiums in for existing schools?

There's no way (as far as I know) to actually swap an existing team's field art of a created stadium that was created in Create-A-School, but there may be a way to load the generic stadiums used in Create-A-School as a normal stadium.

I can't remember if the generic stadiums have their own Stadium ID towards the end of the stadium IDs in an unlisted stadium ID #. I know there's some unused stadium IDs like the Glendale stadium which I think is the last stadium ID # that works. The generic Create-A-Team stadiums *may* be there if you test all the stadium ids, then again maybe not. I know tested this a while back. They would be near the end of the stadium ID #s after the bowl games and before the Glendale stadium and the Practice fields if they're there. You can test all the stadium IDs including unsued stadium ID #s to see if they're there. If you can't find it that way, you may be able to find the generic stadiums in STADIUMS.DAT then put them into another stadium slot or something. I think there's a way to get them to load as a normal stadium so you can swap any team's field art with any their stadium architecture by editing the SRES value of the stadium in the STAD.csv.
esayem wrote:Also, in an earlier post you talked about an unused WAC 35 yd line logo. Where did you find that?

You can swap the 35-yard line logo on the field of the team who is the home team by editing the value of TL35 column in the TEAM section of a saved Dynasty. For some teams it's a conference logo, for other teams it's a team logo, each team's 35-yard line logo has a different value in the TL35 column. The WAC teams, for example, each have a unique conference logo. I'm not sure about an unused WAC logo, but you can put the default TL35 value of any WAC team into another team's TL35 and you'll get different WAC logos on the field.

esayem
Veteran

Postby esayem » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:08 pm

Harry97 wrote:
esayem wrote:Did you ever come across a way to swap created stadiums in for existing schools?

There's no way (as far as I know) to actually swap an existing team's field art of a created stadium that was created in Create-A-School, but there may be a way to load the generic stadiums used in Create-A-School as a normal stadium.

I can't remember if the generic stadiums have their own Stadium ID towards the end of the stadium IDs in an unlisted stadium ID #. I know there's some unused stadium IDs like the Glendale stadium which I think is the last stadium ID # that works. The generic Create-A-Team stadiums *may* be there if you test all the stadium ids, then again maybe not. I know tested this a while back. They would be near the end of the stadium ID #s after the bowl games and before the Glendale stadium and the Practice fields if they're there. You can test all the stadium IDs including unsued stadium ID #s to see if they're there. If you can't find it that way, you may be able to find the generic stadiums in STADIUMS.DAT then put them into another stadium slot or something. I think there's a way to get them to load as a normal stadium so you can swap any team's field art with any their stadium architecture by editing the SRES value of the stadium in the STAD.csv.
esayem wrote:Also, in an earlier post you talked about an unused WAC 35 yd line logo. Where did you find that?

You can swap the 35-yard line logo on the field of the team who is the home team by editing the value of TL35 column in the TEAM section of a saved Dynasty. For some teams it's a conference logo, for other teams it's a team logo, each team's 35-yard line logo has a different value in the TL35 column. The WAC teams, for example, each have a unique conference logo. I'm not sure about an unused WAC logo, but you can put the default TL35 value of any WAC team into another team's TL35 and you'll get different WAC logos on the field.

I am familiar with the TL35 column, I meant how did you find/learn it was an unused logo? Maybe it belonged to TCU.

Do you know how to import stadiums from Madden? I am playing 2005, so I was going to try Madden 05 stadiums.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:16 pm

esayem wrote:I am familiar with the TL35 column, I meant how did you find/learn it was an unused logo? Maybe it belonged to TCU.

As to how I found that smaller black WAC TL35 logo you're talking about, what I think I did to find it was to record all the TL35 values assigned to each WAC team. If you do that, you may find that all of the TL35 values that are assigned to the WAC teams have values that are close to each other, but there may be one value missing in that range that hasn't assigned to any WAC team, which you can use to find that smaller "unused" black WAC logo. So you would have to find which TL35 value hasn't been assigned to any of the WAC teams (that would be close to the other values assigned to the WAC teams) and that's how you would locate the unused WAC logo.

esayem wrote:Do you know how to import stadiums from Madden? I am playing 2005, so I was going to try Madden 05 stadiums.

I haven't really tried to import any Madden stadiums into NCAA 06, but to do that, you would open up STADIUMS.DAT from Madden 05 and extract a stadium from it. You should be able to tell which stadium is which if you open up the file from STADIUMS.DAT in a hex editor as the first 6 letters should refer to the name of the stadium or the team (at least in NCAA PS2's STADIUMS.DAT files it does). Or you can learn what stadium is in which slot inside STADIUMS.DAT by the Stadium ID which can be found elsewhere. (STAD.csv, TEAM.csv, etc)

I would suggest trying Madden 05 stadiums from the PS2 version and from the PC version, as there may be different compatibility between the PS2 and PC version if you try to load those in NCAA 06. (I'm guessing Madden 05 PS2's stadiums would be more compatible with NCAA 06 PS2 than M05 PC)

So you use Dat File Replacer, find your Madden 05 Stadium you want to try within the STADIUMS.DAT for M05 (PS2 version lets say). If M05's stadiums are compressed you could decompress it. There are several ways to compress files from DATs. Note that some of the Madden DATs have files that are compressed that are decompressed by default in NCAA 06. So you may have to decompress the Madden 05 stadium files if they're compressed (though they'll *possibly* work just as well in the NCAA 06 DAT even if still compressed).

Once you identify the respective stadium file from M05 you want to get into NCAA 06, you put that file into a slot NCAA 06's STADIUMS.DAT (and make sure you know what stadium in NCAA 06 you are replacing so you know what to load in-game to test it) then you rebuild the disc with the Madden 05 stadium inside NCAA 06's STADIUMS.DAT, try to load that stadium and see what happens.

I'm very interested in trying to work with both NCAA 08 PS2 stadiums and Madden stadiums and trying to get them into NCAA 06. And just editing stadiums in general. There should be a way to do it. The issue with getting NCAA 08 PS2 stadiums working in NCAA 06 is that the crowds are incompatible and appear glitchy when you do that, so maybe there's a way to edit the crowd part of the stadium file either by hex editing or by using some program to *perhaps* extract the crowd part of an NCAA 08 PS2 (or Madden PS2) stadium file and replace it with the crowd part of an NCAA 06 PS2 stadium so the crowd models aren't glitchy when you put those stadiums in NCAA 06. But it would be interesting to see how a Madden 05 PS2 stadium loads in NCAA 06. Maybe the M05 stadiums crowds are more compatible with NCAA 06 than NCAA 08, then again maybe not. Only one way to find out.

See what happens if you try to load a Madden 05 stadium in NCAA 06, I'd be very interested to work with you on this, and just learning how to edit stadiums in general, to make them (at least the crowd models) more compatible with NCAA 06.

esayem
Veteran

Postby esayem » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:18 am

Harry97 wrote:
esayem wrote:I am familiar with the TL35 column, I meant how did you find/learn it was an unused logo? Maybe it belonged to TCU.

As to how I found that smaller black WAC TL35 logo you're talking about, what I think I did to find it was to record all the TL35 values assigned to each WAC team. If you do that, you may find that all of the TL35 values that are assigned to the WAC teams have values that are close to each other, but there may be one value missing in that range that hasn't assigned to any WAC team, which you can use to find that smaller "unused" black WAC logo. So you would have to find which TL35 value hasn't been assigned to any of the WAC teams (that would be close to the other values assigned to the WAC teams) and that's how you would locate the unused WAC logo.

esayem wrote:Do you know how to import stadiums from Madden? I am playing 2005, so I was going to try Madden 05 stadiums.

I haven't really tried to import any Madden stadiums into NCAA 06, but to do that, you would open up STADIUMS.DAT from Madden 05 and extract a stadium from it. You should be able to tell which stadium is which if you open up the file from STADIUMS.DAT in a hex editor as the first 6 letters should refer to the name of the stadium or the team (at least in NCAA PS2's STADIUMS.DAT files it does). Or you can learn what stadium is in which slot inside STADIUMS.DAT by the Stadium ID which can be found elsewhere. (STAD.csv, TEAM.csv, etc)

I would suggest trying Madden 05 stadiums from the PS2 version and from the PC version, as there may be different compatibility between the PS2 and PC version if you try to load those in NCAA 06. (I'm guessing Madden 05 PS2's stadiums would be more compatible with NCAA 06 PS2 than M05 PC)

So you use Dat File Replacer, find your Madden 05 Stadium you want to try within the STADIUMS.DAT for M05 (PS2 version lets say). If M05's stadiums are compressed you could decompress it. There are several ways to compress files from DATs. Note that some of the Madden DATs have files that are compressed that are decompressed by default in NCAA 06. So you may have to decompress the Madden 05 stadium files if they're compressed (though they'll *possibly* work just as well in the NCAA 06 DAT even if still compressed).

Once you identify the respective stadium file from M05 you want to get into NCAA 06, you put that file into a slot NCAA 06's STADIUMS.DAT (and make sure you know what stadium in NCAA 06 you are replacing so you know what to load in-game to test it) then you rebuild the disc with the Madden 05 stadium inside NCAA 06's STADIUMS.DAT, try to load that stadium and see what happens.

I'm very interested in trying to work with both NCAA 08 PS2 stadiums and Madden stadiums and trying to get them into NCAA 06. And just editing stadiums in general. There should be a way to do it. The issue with getting NCAA 08 PS2 stadiums working in NCAA 06 is that the crowds are incompatible and appear glitchy when you do that, so maybe there's a way to edit the crowd part of the stadium file either by hex editing or by using some program to *perhaps* extract the crowd part of an NCAA 08 PS2 (or Madden PS2) stadium file and replace it with the crowd part of an NCAA 06 PS2 stadium so the crowd models aren't glitchy when you put those stadiums in NCAA 06. But it would be interesting to see how a Madden 05 PS2 stadium loads in NCAA 06. Maybe the M05 stadiums crowds are more compatible with NCAA 06 than NCAA 08, then again maybe not. Only one way to find out.

See what happens if you try to load a Madden 05 stadium in NCAA 06, I'd be very interested to work with you on this, and just learning how to edit stadiums in general, to make them (at least the crowd models) more compatible with NCAA 06.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely try this out.

I am actually going to try Madden 05 into NCAA 05, I tend to prefer that one to 06 because of the player models.

I know the crowds in 07-11 are different in the NCAA series, but I’m not sure if the Madden crowds ever changed over time.

I’m really interested in getting some pro stadiums in the game like Giants Stadium, Soldier Field, Washington, Baltimore, and Dallas for neutral site games.

esayem
Veteran

Postby esayem » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:36 am

I busted out the old backwards compatible PS3 to check out the stadiums included in NCAA 2000 and 2001 and this is what I found:

Neutral Site:

E. Rutherford
Dallas (Cowboys)
Philly
Birmingham
Jacksonville
Raljon (FedEx Field)
Washington DC (RFK)
Houston (Astrodome)
New Orleans
Charlotte
Orlando
Denver
Pittsburgh (Three Rivers Stadium; Pitt has Pitt Stadium in 2000 and plays here in 2001)

2001 added:

Kansas City
Baltimore
Nashville

In addition to these stadiums, the games had all the 1-A and 1-AA teams stadiums in the games (granted, there were only a few 1-AA conferences including the Ivy League and HBCUs), bowl games, and senior bowl all-star games.

The player had the option to choose either bowl games or a playoff at the end of the season. Plus, every team's schedule could be adjusted so you could make Alabama and Auburn play in Birmingham even if you didn't control either one.

esayem
Veteran

Postby esayem » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:12 pm

Harry97 wrote:

So I believe I have all the tools, this is where I am at:

I have the iso for both Madden 2005 and NCAA 2005 unpacked so I can see the folders

I have the DAT File Replacer tool

I have opened the Madden Stadium.DAT file but it all looks foreign to me. Nothing is labeled in a way that indicates which stadium is which. I see compressed files, MMAP, and NULL. I am not sure what these mean, and I am unsure the proper process to decompress and what I need to do to see which file is which.

Sorry, this is all new to me! I've edited for years within the DB files, but this is a bit more complex. Thank you.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:48 pm

esayem wrote:So I believe I have all the tools, this is where I am at:

I have the iso for both Madden 2005 and NCAA 2005 unpacked so I can see the folders

I have the DAT File Replacer tool

I have opened the Madden Stadium.DAT file but it all looks foreign to me. Nothing is labeled in a way that indicates which stadium is which. I see compressed files, MMAP, and NULL. I am not sure what these mean, and I am unsure the proper process to decompress and what I need to do to see which file is which.

Sorry, this is all new to me! I've edited for years within the DB files, but this is a bit more complex. Thank you.

Please check your PMs, I wanna work with you on this. If you have any trouble following any of the steps, I'll test it myself.

Return to “Other Football Games”