The NEW USFL

BUS36
Hall of Fame

The NEW USFL

Postby BUS36 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:49 am

The New USFL Prepares For Launch

(Los Angeles, Calif.) – In 2008, Michael Dwyer had a vision of fulfilling the wishes of many football fans across America; bring back the USFL, an outdoor professional spring football league. After years of research, hard work and dedication, Dwyer, the founder of the New USFL, is now significantly closer to fulfilling his vision.

A little over a month ago, Dwyer and USFL CFO Vivian Anderson coordinated a four day meeting in Los Angeles, to attempt to put the finishing touches on resurrecting a league that has been defunct since 1985. Present at that meeting were potential owners, investors and future league office staff members that had one goal in common, launch the New USFL in the spring of 2012.

“This league may have been defunct since 1985, but the fans will never let it die, nor will our New USFL staff. This group show’s me everyday how badly we all want this,” stated Dwyer.

Topics of discussion included the finalizing of all legal documents to create the New USFL, the league’s business plan, league financing and the targeting of future USFL markets and owners. Items discussed pertaining to football operations included roster sizes, player and coaching salary caps, game scheduling and post season format.

Currently, the league is in the process of accepting deposits from potential owners, pending approval by the league. The league is also planning an owners’ meeting for the end of August in Los Angeles. After the owners’ meeting the first New United States Football League press conference will be held in Los Angeles.

Dwyer concluded, “It won’t be long now before the fans of the New United States Football League get to know who, where and when.”
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

The NEW USFL

Sponsor

Sponsor

fishfan77
Rookie

Re: The NEW USFL

Postby fishfan77 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:41 pm

That has been the same message for the past 2 years. They were supposed to start in 2009 then again in 2010. I dont think we will ever see a game

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:23 am

Well 2012 has started and no word who where and what teams will be playing ...this is a BOG DISAPPOINTMENT...All the build up and nothing.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:41 am

the start of the "NEW USFL"Image[img]
there will be 8 teams and it looks like Akron, Ohio will be one, Birmingham, Las Vegas, Portland, Salt Lake, Memphis, San Antonio and possibly Los Angeles.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:37 am

well it looks like the "THE NEW USFL' will launch March 2014
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Call me jaded, but I'm not positive on new "mini-NFLs". We see how well the UFL is doing after its entire business plan centered on the NFL lockout. The NFL is so inelastic for demand that for any of these mini-leagues to survive, it would require the advise and consent of the League (think the WLAF, which still failed). Not to mention the thousands of phantom leagues like the new AAFL, which casts serious doubt on the new USFL's fruition.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

Return to “Other Sports Journals”