Tim Tebow.....now what???

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Tim Tebow.....now what???

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Ok and? One bad season as a back up on a train wrecked team? take that into account.

Like I said you're a hater and refuse to give him any due. The Owner didn't immediately take action because it's respect for his coach. But when Fisher was obviously being stubborn he stepped in and The titans started to win again.

I give Tebow credit for the presence. But not much else. He let his defense keep him in games then won at the end. Most of the time it was his kicker. Sure he made some plays. But he didn't even complete half of his passes. Can you rely on that for more than a yera or two?

No one wants to give VY credit for the wins hes racked up, or the season turn around he had. Hmm why could that be?

Was he bad last year? Yea. But everyone has a bad year. Either way he's a better option than Tebow. He can do more. Hes a more reliable passer, and i think the better QB.

The problem is perception. Once people start thinking of you in a certain way that's it. (I.E T.O) Two good years in Tenn and he gets nothing for it. Tebow has an OK season and everyone rides him. Why? because people are infatuated with his personality.

The numbers also don't lie when he threw 10 TDs against 3 picks in 8 games in 2010.

But the same people who love Tebow and don't take Vince into consideration. I bet are the same ones who doubted Newton or Vick (when he came back)
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:37 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:But the same people who love Tebow and don't take Vince into consideration. I bet are the same ones who doubted Newton or Vick (when he came back)

I don't think Tebow is a very good quarterback, but I personally think he is better than Young. Maybe not in quarterbacking ability, but in leadership and overall presence in the locker room. Young is not a leader; Tebow is. Tebow can't pass to save his life, but he is a leader.

And, about Newton, I thought he would be excellent, but not so soon. His quick rise surprised me, but I always thought he had it in him. As for Vick, I doubted him because he sucked at passing in the past, and who would know how much football work he could do in prison? Most would think not much.

I just wanted to give my two cents. NFLVICK, Nick, feel free to continue your latest fight about Tebow. You have one every other day, after all.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Seriously, when Peyton goes down - he is the guy in Denver. Like a lot of people on this board and all over the net who think that Tebow doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB, that's the way that I feel about Weber. He just doesn't bring enough to the table to justify getting rid of Tebow.

I just had an idea. Maybe the Broncos sign Curtis Painter. :lol: Oh yeah.
Realistically, the Broncos will sign a veteran QB or draft a guy in the 5th round or later.
But I do like your idea....
"We don't have a 'plan B', WE'RE GOING PLAN A!!!!!!!!"
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:59 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:Ok and? One bad season as a back up on a train wrecked team? take that into account.

Again, interceptions are not affected by the receivers. 99% of interceptions I've seen are caused by bad judgement on the QB's part, and I'm not going to make excuses for him based on a coach not liking him two years ago. It simply doesn't excuse him for playing a role in the train wreck.

Like I said you're a hater and refuse to give him any due. The Owner didn't immediately take action because it's respect for his coach. But when Fisher was obviously being stubborn he stepped in and The titans started to win again.

Yet the owner didn't try to get him back after he got rid of Fisher. I highly doubt that a coach who isn't part of the team would have been able to prevent the team from signing someone back.

I give Tebow credit for the presence. But not much else. He let his defense keep him in games then won at the end. Most of the time it was his kicker. Sure he made some plays. But he didn't even complete half of his passes. Can you rely on that for more than a yera or two?

It doesn't matter whether you can rely on Tebow for two years assuming he doesn't continue to develop. What we're talking about is whether Young can be depended on. And simply put, he can't be.

No one wants to give VY credit for the wins hes racked up, or the season turn around he had. Hmm why could that be?

It's probably because Kerry Collins was able to carry the team to a 13-3 record in 2008 without any of Young's help. In all, Young has had only two decent seasons in his career. (No, I don't think a 10-7 TD-INT ratio is good.)

Was he bad last year? Yea. But everyone has a bad year. Either way he's a better option than Tebow. He can do more. Hes a more reliable passer, and i think the better QB.

Until he can prove that he can play well consistently, and avoid costly interceptions, he is no better than Tebow. Even Tebow, with a roster devoid of truly reliable receivers, was able to put up better stats than Young last year.

The problem is perception. Once people start thinking of you in a certain way that's it. (I.E T.O) Two good years in Tenn and he gets nothing for it. Tebow has an OK season and everyone rides him. Why? because people are infatuated with his personality.

Funny that you should say that T.O. was a good player. It doesn't exactly help your cause. Anyway, personality does make a difference. Cry like a baby when things don't go your way (Vince Young), and people won't have that much respect for you. Take your lumps and your victories humbly and being a team player (Tim Tebow) while leading your team to a victory in the playoffs, and people will respect you.

The numbers also don't lie when he threw 10 TDs against 3 picks in 8 games in 2010.

If old stats beat out newer ones, Billy Volek would have been a starter for a team in 2008.

But the same people who love Tebow and don't take Vince into consideration. I bet are the same ones who doubted Newton or Vick (when he came back)

RevanFan wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:But the same people who love Tebow and don't take Vince into consideration. I bet are the same ones who doubted Newton or Vick (when he came back)
I don't think Tebow is a very good quarterback, but I personally think he is better than Young. Maybe not in quarterbacking ability, but in leadership and overall presence in the locker room. Young is not a leader; Tebow is. Tebow can't pass to save his life, but he is a leader.

Precisely, though I think Tebow does have serviceable passing skills.

And, about Newton, I thought he would be excellent, but not so soon. His quick rise surprised me, but I always thought he had it in him. As for Vick, I doubted him because he sucked at passing in the past, and who would know how much football work he could do in prison? Most would think not much.

I will admit, I doubted Newton, but that was because he had only one season with Auburn to play well, which left me doubtful about how whether it was a fluke. As for Vick, I concur.

I just wanted to give my two cents. NFLVICK, Nick, feel free to continue your latest fight about Tebow. You have one every other day, after all.

Just trying to keep things interesting. :)

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm

See Vince became a leader for the titans.

that 13-3 Record Collins put up was one year. He hasn't been good since. and he didn't carry them. He helped but that defense lendale white and C.J did most of the work.
Young can be depended on a lot more than Tebow

Tebow is nothing but a Brian Bosworth. Personality over anything else is why he is known.

And my point with T.O is how people view you can overshadow how you play. He is arguably the 2nd best WR to grace a field. But all anyone can say is negative things about him. Some true, some not. I'd say most people dislike him. But Tebow. A decent QB at best gets a ton of love. It's just sad.

and on your interceptions are not affected by WR's isn't always the case. Vick last year had I'd say half of his picks or more come off the hands of his WR's. Same for Eli in 2010. But that's not always the case, however for these two it was.

I bet if Newton played bad last year. Everyone would say he's a bust. His one year at Auburn had something to do with it, but it was his passing people doubted because he runs. If you run as much as him until you show you can pass people assume you can't. thats what happened with him,

Tebow however was said by a few ppl on ESPN to be better then Newton i remember. How do they look now?

Tebow isn't that good. Why the media gets so obsessed with and love players like him. I have no idea.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:20 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:See Vince became a leader for the titans.

that 13-3 Record Collins put up was one year. He hasn't been good since. and he didn't carry them. He helped but that defense lendale white and C.J did most of the work.

Tebow is nothing but a Brian Bosworth. Personality over anything else is why he is known.

And my point with T.O is how people view you can overshadow how you play. He is arguably the 2nd best WR to grace a field. But all anyone can say is negative things about him. Some true, some not. I'd say most people dislike him. But Tebow. A decent QB at best gets a ton of love. It's just sad.

and on your interceptions are not affected by WR's isn't always the case. Vick last year had I'd say half of his picks or more come off the hands of his WR's. Same for Eli in 2010. But that's not always the case, however for these two it was.

I bet if Newton played bad last year. Everyone would say he's a bust. His one year at Auburn had something to do with it, but it was his passing people doubted because he runs. If you run as much as him until you show you can pass people assume you can't. thats what happened with him,

Tebow however was said by a few ppl on ESPN to be better then Newton i remember. How do they look now?

Tebow isn't that good. Why the media gets so obsessed with and love players like him. I have no idea.

Lendale White?! At the peak of his career, he wasn't that good.
T.O. was a really good WR, and had a good 2010 while Palmer was bad, and everyone only talked about his awful reality TV show. Ochocinco was the bad WR. But you say 2nd best? I'm guessing over Randy Moss? (because I'd think Jerry Rice would be #1)
I knew Newton was going to have a good season last year.... :D ..of course, I still disregarded my instincts and I went on to pass on him in the fantasy draft.... :(
The reason why the media loves Tebow is because he turned around an awful football team and somehow got it to the playoffs. You have to give a nice chunk to Tebow, but the defense should get a good portion of the credit.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Danchat wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:See Vince became a leader for the titans.

Lendale White?! At the peak of his career, he wasn't that good.
T.O. was a really good WR, and had a good 2010 while Palmer was bad, and everyone only talked about his awful reality TV show. Ochocinco was the bad WR. But you say 2nd best? I'm guessing over Randy Moss? (because I'd think Jerry Rice would be #1)
I knew Newton was going to have a good season last year.... :D ..of course, I still disregarded my instincts and I went on to pass on him in the fantasy draft.... :(
The reason why the media loves Tebow is because he turned around an awful football team and somehow got it to the playoffs. You have to give a nice chunk to Tebow, but the defense should get a good portion of the credit.

In 08 White and C.J were a nice one two punch.

But yea I put T.O just over Moss. Because T.O was more versatile. Ocho wasn't a bad WR either. he was elite up until two years ago.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:44 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:Tebow is nothing but a Brian Bosworth. Personality over anything else is why he is known.

Bosworth was a self-absorbed headcase. Tebow is a kind, likable individual who puts others above himself. Don't compare them. They both have big personalities, but on complete opposite sides of the spectrum.
NFLVICK7 wrote:Tebow isn't that good. Why the media gets so obsessed with and love players like him. I have no idea.

Have you been keeping up with the craze that was until recently known as Linsanity? The media likes a good sports story. They take someone who got a chance to succeed when he normally wouldn't have one, and they milk that person until he's dried up. The media does that to everything and everyone.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm

RevanFan wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:Tebow is nothing but a Brian Bosworth. Personality over anything else is why he is known.

Bosworth was a self-absorbed headcase. Tebow is a kind, likable individual who puts others above himself. Don't compare them. They both have big personalities, but on complete opposite sides of the spectrum.
NFLVICK7 wrote:Tebow isn't that good. Why the media gets so obsessed with and love players like him. I have no idea.

Have you been keeping up with the craze that was until recently known as Linsanity? The media likes a good sports story. They take someone who got a chance to succeed when he normally wouldn't have one, and they milk that person until he's dried up. The media does that to everything and everyone.

Yea but Linn is a pretty good PG. He can play his position. He isn't just a personality. Infact he isn't much of one. He's kind of quiet.

And I wasn't saying Tebow acts like Bosworth. But it is a similar situation where people get caught up in his persona rather than play.

I think what really bugs me about Tebow is how showy he is with his religious beliefs. Now I may not agree with any religion at all, but if you have your beliefs cool. But he almost goes out of his way to show them. It's football not church. If he was as religious as he says he is that's where he'd be on Sundays. He needs to chill out with that.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Yea but Linn is a pretty good PG. He can play his position. He isn't just a personality. Infact he isn't much of one. He's kind of quiet.

And I wasn't saying Tebow acts like Bosworth. But it is a similar situation where people get caught up in his persona rather than play.

I think what really bugs me about Tebow is how showy he is with his religious beliefs. Now I may not agree with any religion at all, but if you have your beliefs cool. But he almost goes out of his way to show them. It's football not church. If he was as religious as he says he is that's where he'd be on Sundays. He needs to chill out with that.

Just remember that "Tebowing" is the media's creation. Tebow is definitely not the only QB to do what he does. That's just a part of who Tebow is, he's not going to stop doing it because "It's football not church". And I would say that Tebow is very "chilled" out.

Return to “Denver Broncos”