Philip Rivers extension wrong or right move?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:10 pm

The chargers extended Rivers for four more years and are paying him a hefty sum. Let's hear some opinions from our community....Do you agree with extending Rivers? If so why or why/not?
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Philip Rivers extension wrong or right move?

Postby RevanFan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:45 pm

I think he's definitely one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the league, so I support it. They need him.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:59 am

RevanFan wrote:I think he's definitely one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the league, so I support it. They need him.

I agree with extending him as he's been pretty consistent through the years. The only thing is his salary is big for a dude that is aging so it might hinder the chargers from getting top quality free agents/resigning current talent in the next few years.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:42 pm

I think that hey had to extend him and had to pay closer to what he wanted for him. What were they going to do if they didn't give him a new contract? Start Kellen Clemens? Hope Eli Manning or Sam Bradford make it to free agency? Go after Kirk Cousins, Matt Cassel or Ryan Fitzpatrick? I guess they could have fallen in love with Cardale Jones or Christian Hackenberg or Connor Cook and been willing to pay the price to move up and draft whomever.

But realistically there was not going to be any other good option at QB, so they had to pay what it took to lock Rivers up.

Return to “Los Angeles Chargers”