2022 Playoff Discussion

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: 2022 Playoff Discussion

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:55 pm

I hope the Cowboys fire Mike McCarthy. The ending is 1000% on Dak.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:01 am

Austinmario13 wrote:I hope the Cowboys fire Mike McCarthy. The ending is 1000% on Dak.

Not 1000%. Moore called the play, McCarthy OK'd the play, and Dak didn't change the play and didn't hand the ball to the ref. I'd say it's a nearly equal split. Out of 100%, give Dak... 28%, McCarthy 33% (only for that play. A lot more if you talk the whole game or the whole season), and Moore 39%. I no longer have faith in Moore as a playcaller after the second half of this year.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:25 am

Laundry List of Dallas failures:

Too many penalties played the biggest part to me. Tied NFL record for playoff game. 14 is too many for any team to overcome. Ouch
McCarthy got out coached. Shanahan is a far better coach.
Dak had opportunities to scramble many times, but didn't. TE was most reliable weapon.
Moore didn't make adjustments to the Cowboy's gameplan as the game went on.
49ers defense was impressive and clearly the better defense.
Pollard should have been the primary back for Dallas.
Cowboy's defense got exposed, had no answer for Debo.
Jimmy G. was a masterful game manager.

Zeke has played his last game in Dallas.

Big melt down in big D. Simply an embrassing team performance, if you can call it a performance at all. I normally never bet on the Cowboys, ever. They proved why I don't. The numbers showed they struggled against top tier teams all season. They're not as good as their record indicates. What was I thinking.

I thought the Raiders would do what the Niners did. And thought the Cowboys would do what the Bengals did. I got my wires crossed again.

Congrats to the Niners, they proved their worth, again.

I just hope Stafford proves me wrong tonight, I'm very concerned he does his chameleon impression and shows up wearing Detroit colors. 2-3 don't look good for me, sheesh! :roll:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:07 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Zeke has played his last game in Dallas.

That's your one point I disagree with. The rest are 100% accurate.

Zeke is being paid too much. They won't cut him. Also... he showed this year that he is still effective when healthy. Is Pollard the better back? I'm not sure, but we're better when we have both and they're both healthy. Zeke was playing the back half of the year on a partially torn PCL, but even when they could've rested him against the Eagles, they played him anyway to make sure he got 1000 yards, which is ridiculous. Health over stats. Zeke never should've played in yesterday's game, or against the Eagles. Give him a few weeks to actually rest, or even just IR him. Don't screw around with torn muscles, Dallas. Geez.
My Cowboys Journal

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 pm

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Zeke has played his last game in Dallas.

That's your one point I disagree with. The rest are 100% accurate.

Zeke is being paid too much. They won't cut him. Also... he showed this year that he is still effective when healthy. Is Pollard the better back? I'm not sure, but we're better when we have both and they're both healthy. Zeke was playing the back half of the year on a partially torn PCL, but even when they could've rested him against the Eagles, they played him anyway to make sure he got 1000 yards, which is ridiculous. Health over stats. Zeke never should've played in yesterday's game, or against the Eagles. Give him a few weeks to actually rest, or even just IR him. Don't screw around with torn muscles, Dallas. Geez.

Well, playing Zeke knowing he wasn't totally healthy for 8 games is a failure. Forget the incentives to get the 1000 yards. He should have squashed that when he got hurt and focused on healing up for the playoff run. Playing in the NFC least, they could have won without him. Pollard is way more explosive, faster and a better pass catcher out of the back field. Zeke has been in the league for 7 years and everybody know that HB's shelf life is very short in the NFL. I agree he is paid too much. The Cowboys will have to eat at least half of the 12.9 mil. he's owed and trade him. Pollard is very capable of being their feature back.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:13 pm

Pollard can't block. Like... at all. Dak would get killed even more with him in on passing downs when he's not running routes haha.

They never should've played Zeke hurt. If that was on the coach, fire him. If that was on Jerry... well, we're screwed.

My priorities for the Dallas offseason are as follows.

1. Fire Mike McCarthy.
2. If Dan Quinn won't stay on as DC, offer him head coach money to stay. I'm not convinced that he's a great option as a new head coach, but I want him to stay for the defense. If the only way to keep him is as the head coach... maybe.
3. Hire a coach that prioritizes accountability. And is a half decent game manager.
4. Fix the offensive line. It's broken.
5. Get a better kicker.

After that, there's obviously more I would do, but those are my top priorities.
My Cowboys Journal

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:47 am

One of the most overrated quarterback and coach these past two years are Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury. Both put up some flash plays here and there and are hyped up by the media as great athlete and offensive genius but when the chips are down they fold like a cheap folding chair.

Murray was compared to Russell Wilson early on in his career but he's not even 30% of RW. All he has is some wheels but panics facing the rush and cannot read defenses. He's like a very bad version of Lamar Jackson but at least LJ has better athleticism and won an MVP. For all the pieces AZ got this year this was a horrible showing and I'm sure their ownership is looking very hard with decisions at both QB and Coach for future seasons.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:01 pm

RevanFan wrote:Pollard can't block. Like... at all. Dak would get killed even more with him in on passing downs when he's not running routes haha.

They never should've played Zeke hurt. If that was on the coach, fire him. If that was on Jerry... well, we're screwed.

My priorities for the Dallas offseason are as follows.

1. Fire Mike McCarthy.
2. If Dan Quinn won't stay on as DC, offer him head coach money to stay. I'm not convinced that he's a great option as a new head coach, but I want him to stay for the defense. If the only way to keep him is as the head coach... maybe.
3. Hire a coach that prioritizes accountability. And is a half decent game manager.
4. Fix the offensive line. It's broken.
5. Get a better kicker.

After that, there's obviously more I would do, but those are my top priorities.

If McCarthy gets canned, then Jerry will look really stupid. I'll be shocked if it happens. Dan Quinn made strides with the defense, so I think he's safe. But I think he will request more additions to their defense who couldn't stop the Niner's run attack.

Their offensive line needs major improvement. I think their the reason Zeke has declined the way he did. So spending their first two draft picks on the best NCAA lineman available would be good for them. Also they should add a few FA's like my Chiefs did.

Like I stated before, their pretty on paper and record wise, but against the best of the best, their not very competitive. It will be interesting to see the changes they make this off season.

Kyler Murray is a good QB imo, missing D.Hop showed they need a couple more players. Their defense was just bad last night. And they ran into the best defense in the league who played lights out as they should have. There was a Von Miller siting last night, and Stafford ddn't play whodini, this time.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:47 pm

There were a LOT of blowouts in the wild card round. Not a good showing for the sport, frankly.
My Cowboys Journal

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:21 pm

RevanFan wrote:There were a LOT of blowouts in the wild card round. Not a good showing for the sport, frankly.

*Points at the 7th seeds*
Mostly because of those. The other games (other than Arizona forgetting how to football) were not bad.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “NFL Football”