Madden Curse is Dead

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Madden Curse is Dead

Postby NickyJ » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:27 am

Patrick Mahomes, the cover player for Madden 20, won the Super Bowl and was given the Super Bowl MVP award. This is the first time a Madden cover player has achieved it. Rob Gronkowski nearly overcame the curse, but went on IR during the season. His team went on to win the Super Bowl without him.

It's the end of an era.

Madden Curse is Dead

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden Curse is Dead

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:11 am

NickyJ wrote:Patrick Mahomes, the cover player for Madden 20, won the Super Bowl and was given the Super Bowl MVP award. This is the first time a Madden cover player has achieved it. Rob Gronkowski nearly overcame the curse, but went on IR during the season. His team went on to win the Super Bowl without him.

It's the end of an era.

Haha I thought of this today as well. You're correct. The Madden Cover curse streak is officially over....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:46 am

NickyJ wrote:Patrick Mahomes, the cover player for Madden 20, won the Super Bowl and was given the Super Bowl MVP award. This is the first time a Madden cover player has achieved it. Rob Gronkowski nearly overcame the curse, but went on IR during the season. His team went on to win the Super Bowl without him.

It's the end of an era.

He did it... but not without a injury...

P.S.: Brady almost got there, but lost the SB against the Eagles...
passing to 500+ yards, 3 TDs....

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Ehhh ... I wouldn't call it totally dead yet. It just doubled down on the previous cover athlete, AB. That and, well, Mahomes got injured for a bit.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:32 am

The only way to cover yourself from the Madden Curse is to have insurance from State Farm.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:36 am

The dude carried his team to the Super Bowl and carried the team through it. The Chiefs didn't win without him like the Pats won without Gronk, and the Chiefs didn't lose the Super Bowl like the Pats did with Tom Brady. No other player has played in and won the Super Bowl in the same year he was on the cover, let alone won its MVP award. If you still consider Mahomes cursed while accomplishing that, I think just about every player in the league would wish they were "cursed" with the same fortune lol

"I curse you with..... a Super Bowl MVP award". Man, sucks to be him lmao

MKDAWUSS
Veteran

Postby MKDAWUSS » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:13 pm

And now Brady and Mahomes make repeat appearances.

Return to “NFL Football”