Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:48 pm

*sigh* Guess I'll be the one to say that he's a good QB, but not the unstoppable force he was in the early 10s. He's still an efficient passer, even if he isn't all world at it. I mean, he's still effective with the receiving corps the Packers have.

That said, I'm wondering why in the world is he in the MVP discussion?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:18 pm

AaronS wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is overrated pure and simple. For all the annual praise he gets you'd think he'd of won more than one superbowl. Dude chokes in playoff games, who cares about his stats/yards. When the games matter he folds like a cheap suit.

At the end of the day, that's really all you've got; He only has 1 Super Bowl.

A team stat being applied to an individual player. SMDH

Sorry I fed the trolls.

I look forward to seeing you in January.

Where he will exit the playoffs in a 1st round loss......in typical Aaron Rodgers style. 8-) No one is doubting he is a good qb I agree he is but like jose21 said he should not be in the list for MVP consideration.....he's no where near there like he was in the early 2010's....

If he proves me wrong and wins another superbowl I will be the first one to admit I was wrong and that Aaron Rodgers still has that "magic"/touch.... :) I have no problem admitting I was wrong. :)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:31 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
AaronS wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is overrated pure and simple. For all the annual praise he gets you'd think he'd of won more than one superbowl. Dude chokes in playoff games, who cares about his stats/yards. When the games matter he folds like a cheap suit.

Sorry I fed the trolls.

Where he will exit the playoffs in a 1st round loss......in typical Aaron Rodgers style. 8-) No one is doubting he is a good qb I agree he is but like jose21 said he should not be in the list for MVP consideration.....he's no where near there like he was in the early 2010's....

If he proves me wrong and wins another superbowl I will be the first one to admit I was wrong and that Aaron Rodgers still has that "magic"/touch.... :) I have no problem admitting I was wrong. :)

Again I say: who gives a shit about super bowl wins? It's putting a team reward on an individual player. Doesn't make him any better. Did Peyton Manning get physically or mentally any better after he "Dilferred" his way into the super bowl in 2015? "Absolutely f(_)cking not" - Leonardo Dicaprio. But I agree about the MVP. Lol not even close this year. Should go to CMC or DangeRuss Wilson.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:14 am

sarcasticface wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
AaronS wrote:

Sorry I fed the trolls.

Again I say: who gives a shit about super bowl wins? It's putting a team reward on an individual player. Doesn't make him any better. Did Peyton Manning get physically or mentally any better after he "Dilferred" his way into the super bowl in 2015? "Absolutely f(_)cking not" - Leonardo Dicaprio. But I agree about the MVP. Lol not even close this year. Should go to CMC or DangeRuss Wilson.

Voters and the Hall of Fame care about Superbowl wins......you have a higher chance of getting in if you have won a superbowl than if you are a stat machine with no superbowl.......Rodgers will be in the HOF but I'm just tired of all the unwarranted praise he receives the past few seasons because they are living on his old production not his current output which aren't comparable....

Sounds like this Packer fan is a little....cheesed off..... :lol: haha couldn't resist just joking with you. :P We can have different opinions about Rodgers and still be cool to agree to disagree. 8-)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:31 am

Whats truly retarded about this;

Why? Why hate him?

Nobody is saying he's the best QB anymore, that ended 3 or 4 year ago
Odds are, he won't regain that crown with Wilson, Mahomes and Watson playing like they are
The Packers have been in decline since 2015, and went through 3 really rough seasons, so they've been far less relevant

About the only part of this I can understand are the Brady ballwashers who can't stand talk of anyone being better than their god

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:15 am

Because he gets undeserved praise like Peyton Manning more for his legacy than what he does presently.

I've been called a lot of things but brady ball washer is just too funny ... :lol: I don't like brady but rings don't lie man....but you already said you don't care about rings to evaluate qbs so we'll leave it at that...

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:34 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Because he gets undeserved praise like Peyton Manning more for his legacy than what he does presently.

I've been called a lot of things but brady ball washer is just too funny ... :lol: I don't like brady but rings don't lie man....but you already said you don't care about rings to evaluate qbs so we'll leave it at that...

I don't see Rodgers getting undeserved praise at this point. He's not being mentioned among the top QBs anymore.

Shots at Manning? Pathetic man. The guy redefined the position. He is every coaches wet dream. There isn't a coach in this generation that wouldn't take him as their Quarterback. Including Belichick.

No rings do not lie. Great teams win rings. Teams that aren't great do not. I can only name 2 exceptions to that rule.

.. wasn't calling 'you' a Brady ballwasher. Just saying that is the only Rodgers-hating group I can understand.

... well, them, and Bears and Vikings fans. But rivalry is always a part of all sports.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:41 am

I will say Peyton Manning was really good and like a coach on the field back in his prime however he always seemed to expend so much energy going nuts at the line of scrimmage and in the playoffs he never did much and all that gyrating did nothing except for the 06 ring with the colts. His Broncos ring was due to the defense carrying him because after the regression/nerve injury he couldn't throw 20 yards in 2016 to save his life. His loss to the Seahawks in 2014 after putting up video game regular season stats in multiple categories was just atrocious play by him even when his teammates made errors like the center snapping it over his head on the first play....He couldn't move that offense on that seattle D which admittedly was very good but still 8 points is pathetic from a so called offensive juggernaut qb who may have had the physical traits go down a bit but was still mentally sharp to trick defenses. He sure couldn't do that on that Superbowl Sunday.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Hope you're watching today..

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:39 pm

One good performance against a so-so Raiders defense is nothing to shout about......lets see what he does when the chips are down in the playoffs....

Return to “NFL Football”