Julio Jones now a Titan

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Julio Jones now a Titan

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:29 pm

After spending his most viable and productive years in the ATL, Julio heads north to Memphis. I think he'll have a bounce back year with Tannihill as his QB. I love their offensive scheme using the play-action allowing WR's more time to get down field and find the open spots. I think Ryan in ATL has lost his mojo and not as good as he once was. I think it's a good fit for Jones in Tennessee paired with A.J Brown & the best RB in the game Derrick Henry. If jones can stay healthy for the full season, he should be impactful and help the Titans in their super bowl asperations. It should be exciting and the Tennessee Titans are now must see t.v!

He kinda reminded me of A.J Green who spent his real career in Cinncy before moving on. I think like A.J, Julio was very loyal to the Falcons team and the pay check wasn't bad. The Falcons had the Pats in their sites but couldn't manage the kill shot in super bowl LI. The super bowl asperactions window for the Falcons has been closed shut sealed with nails! Julio knows the window is shut as he stated his desire to play for a contender to finish his career in hopes of getting another crack at playing in the super bowl. Good luck with that as the AFC is owned by my Kansas City Chiefs who are poised to make yet another run and 3rd straight appearance in the big game!

Oh, I forgot to mention how horrible the Titans defense was on 3rd down, having the worst 3rd % in the league last season. That has to change, especially if they're to go deep into the playoffs! Also the addition of the extra game added to the schedules paired with the expanded playoffs makes this an even more exciting season for all who aspire to meet the challenge on the road to glory!

Julio Jones now a Titan

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Julio Jones now a Titan

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:19 am

MikeWest502 wrote:After spending his most viable and productive years in the ATL, Julio heads north to Memphis. I think he'll have a bounce back year with Tannihill as his QB. I love their offensive scheme using the play-action allowing WR's more time to get down field and find the open spots. I think Ryan in ATL has lost his mojo and not as good as he once was. I think it's a good fit for Jones in Tennessee paired with A.J Brown & the best RB in the game Derrick Henry. If jones can stay healthy for the full season, he should be impactful and help the Titans in their super bowl asperations. It should be exciting and the Tennessee Titans are now must see t.v!

He kinda reminded me of A.J Green who spent his real career in Cinncy before moving on. I think like A.J, Julio was very loyal to the Falcons team and the pay check wasn't bad. The Falcons had the Pats in their sites but couldn't manage the kill shot in super bowl LI. The super bowl asperactions window for the Falcons has been closed shut sealed with nails! Julio knows the window is shut as he stated his desire to play for a contender to finish his career in hopes of getting another crack at playing in the super bowl. Good luck with that as the AFC is owned by my Kansas City Chiefs who are poised to make yet another run and 3rd straight appearance in the big game!

Oh, I forgot to mention how horrible the Titans defense was on 3rd down, having the worst 3rd % in the league last season. That has to change, especially if they're to go deep into the playoffs! Also the addition of the extra game added to the schedules paired with the expanded playoffs makes this an even more exciting season for all who aspire to meet the challenge on the road to glory!

I think you mean Nashville ;) Yeah, I'm excited to finally have a dynamic duo at WR as a Titans fan like we had back in the day with Derrick Mason and Kevin Dyson mixed with a great TE Frank Wycheck and Eddie George at RB. I don't want to put aspirations high for the Titans but if they stick to the formula of play action off of the run they will definitely be in the playoffs. The defense needs to improve immensely, instead of signing big name free agents who flop I think the best thing was to develop in house players. Bud Dupree is a good signing in my opinion though. I was sad when they signed Clowney last year and traded Kamalei Correa to the Jaguars. He was one of my favorite players to watch on defense and I felt he was a solid player and developing well after his 2019 season. He made some big plays and was overall very consistent unlike Clowney who has bursts of great games but then disappears or gets injured often in games.

I don't think the Chiefs will be as strong as they were the past few seasons because they have much turnover on their offensive line. As talented as Mahomes is I think he and Andy Reid are stuck looking for the big play/throw which killed them in this past year's superbowl. If they had a bit more balance and dink/dunk attack they probably would have come back and won but it's hard to say when your O-line is getting beat so fast every snap. Mahomes had hardly any time to throw. Mahomes would do well to look at Brady's technique of quick release or intermediate throws to boost his game and overall team winning percentage. I think Andy Reid is too pass happy now perhaps we should call it Air-Reid instead of Air-Raid for him.... :lol: He needs to get more screens/runs to CE Helaire rather than shotgun spreads....

I think the Chiefs slip a bit and end up 3rd or 4th seed in the AFC playoff picture next year with the Bills and Ravens occupying the top 2 spots.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Julio Jones now a Titan

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:46 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
I think you mean Nashville ;) Yeah, I'm excited to finally have a dynamic duo at WR as a Titans fan like we had back in the day with Derrick Mason and Kevin Dyson mixed with a great TE Frank Wycheck and Eddie George at RB. I don't want to put aspirations high for the Titans but if they stick to the formula of play action off of the run they will definitely be in the playoffs. The defense needs to improve immensely, instead of signing big name free agents who flop I think the best thing was to develop in house players. Bud Dupree is a good signing in my opinion though. I was sad when they signed Clowney last year and traded Kamalei Correa to the Jaguars. He was one of my favorite players to watch on defense and I felt he was a solid player and developing well after his 2019 season. He made some big plays and was overall very consistent unlike Clowney who has bursts of great games but then disappears or gets injured often in games.

Mashville, I did mean Nashville. I had Memphis in thought because I had recently watched "Undefeated" thanks! Bud Dupree is a great signing if A) he stays healthy and B) he doesn't do a Clowny impression! I thought Clowny was going to perform better, but it happens often when big time players go to new teams and under perform! Honestly the Titans defense is just bad! So Dupree will have to be a super hero leader to rally the troops weekly for a better performance.

I don't think the Chiefs will be as strong as they were the past few seasons because they have much turnover on their offensive line. As talented as Mahomes is I think he and Andy Reid are stuck looking for the big play/throw which killed them in this past year's superbowl. If they had a bit more balance and dink/dunk attack they probably would have come back and won but it's hard to say when your O-line is getting beat so fast every snap. Mahomes had hardly any time to throw. Mahomes would do well to look at Brady's technique of quick release or intermediate throws to boost his game and overall team winning percentage. I think Andy Reid is too pass happy now perhaps we should call it Air-Reid instead of Air-Raid for him.... :lol: He needs to get more screens/runs to CE Helaire rather than shotgun spreads....

I agree that Reid should have changed up the gameplan and ran Clyde E.H more in the S.B, knowing his tackles were out gunned. The Chiefs do run a West Coast offense, but Mahomes likes to throw it deep. I think they get back on track after the S.B blowout lose. There was turnover on the o-line but we got better and depth across the board. Mahomes won't be gimpy bothered by the toe and will make the plays he normally does! Andy has always been pass first, I like that "Air-Reid", that's slick!

I think the Chiefs slip a bit and end up 3rd or 4th seed in the AFC playoff picture next year with the Bills and Ravens occupying the top 2 spots.

Bills have zero run game and clearly one dimensional and the Ravens have no pass attack that treatens any defense. Your Titans will beat both of them this season (if they match up)! The Steelers and the Browns will be in the hunt, but the road to the AFC Championship still goes through K.C! I didn't mention the Dolphins because their QB has to be consistent and the Patroits will bounce back also!

Return to “Tennessee Titans”