CONTENT WARNING - anyone remember this... from desean watson?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:04 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -it-to-10/

I guess he meant he was accused by 2 and then he increased the number and got accused by 10 women.......

This sounds like a huge mistake with the Texans holding onto him, they should have traded him when they got the chance and could get some return. Desean Watson's career is over......unless he rehabs like Mike Vick most teams won't touch him if the allegations are true.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: anyone remember this... from desean watson?

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:42 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/15/deshaun-watson-i-was-on-2-then-i-took-it-to-10/

I guess he meant he was accused by 2 and then he increased the number and got accused by 10 women.......

This sounds like a huge mistake with the Texans holding onto him, they should have traded him when they got the chance and could get some return. Desean Watson's career is over......unless he rehabs like Mike Vick most teams won't touch him if the allegations are true.....

I don't know if his career is over, but if these allegations hold any weight--and I feel, with the number continuing to grow, they do--it should be. The NFL tends to be pretty lenient when it comes to abhorrent things, though. They only blacklist you if... yeah... not going to get into it.

But yes, this is very bad for the Texans and the NFL, and I'll just say that I hope the women he allegedly assaulted will be able to find peace somehow. And since they're suing him, I believe the truth will come out. And also... they likely wouldn't be suing him if they didn't have a case. Lawsuits are ridiculously expensive. You don't sue unless you truly know or believe you were wronged. So... Yeah, his career should be over.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:32 pm

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/15/deshaun-watson-i-was-on-2-then-i-took-it-to-10/

I don't know if his career is over, but if these allegations hold any weight--and I feel, with the number continuing to grow, they do--it should be. The NFL tends to be pretty lenient when it comes to abhorrent things, though. They only blacklist you if... yeah... not going to get into it.

But yes, this is very bad for the Texans and the NFL, and I'll just say that I hope the women he allegedly assaulted will be able to find peace somehow. And since they're suing him, I believe the truth will come out. And also... they likely wouldn't be suing him if they didn't have a case. Lawsuits are ridiculously expensive. You don't sue unless you truly know or believe you were wronged. So... Yeah, his career should be over.

I really didn't want to, but. I feel it's perfected timing by the individuals taking part in the law suit. It's perfect timing to smear and tarnish the credibility of a player until this moment in time had no reports of ANY misconduct. It's perfected intimidation by the texans organization to try to force the man to perform for their poorly run organization!

I've worked in two law offices in my day. When someone brings charges against another, 1st you go to the police to report the assault, then motions are filed in court, then the media get's wind of it. The guy leading the assault against Watson, petitioned twitter first!

Of course I don't respect any man or woman of any capacity or profession who does participate in any part of assault of another human being. But I do know how ignorant and the lengths the media will go to feed a fire of misconception that sways public opinion.

In the past there have been many accusation of NFL players. I'm going to list a few names of NFL players who had allegations against them but went on to play in the league. Julian Edleman, Ben Roethlsberger, Peyton Manning, Jamison Winston, Mark Sanchez, Richie Incognito, The Pouncy brothers, Adrian Peterson, Brandon Marshall, Bruce Miller and Terrell Suggs.

Whether the allegations are true or not, it's impeccable timing for them to surface now as opposed to when (if) they actually occurred. I feel that the texans organization is bitter and deliberate in it's tactics to ruin Watson's future simply because he no longer wants to play for them!

Everybody loses in this episode!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:43 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Whether the allegations are true or not, it's impeccable timing for them to surface now as opposed to when (if) they actually occurred. I feel that the texans organization is bitter and deliberate in it's tactics to ruin Watson's future simply because he no longer wants to play for them!

I've always been of the opinion that it's a simple case of strength in numbers. When one person has the strength to come forward, more often do because they feel safer knowing that they won't be the first.

Regardless, this whole thing is a mess, and as someone who wants to see justice done, I look forward to seeing the results of the investigations.
My Cowboys Journal

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:18 am

RevanFan wrote:I've always been of the opinion that it's a simple case of strength in numbers. When one person has the strength to come forward, more often do because they feel safer knowing that they won't be the first.

I won't go any further with this but. Revanfan if someone robs you while your out or breaks into your home and assaults you, I'm 100% sure you will contact the authorities immediately to report the assault as soon as you can! I highly doubt you'd wait to see if someone else was robbed or neighbors were assaulted too before you come forward! Or that you'd keep silent until you heard a news report of a similar incident! You'd feel safer knowing the assailant is apprehended and behind bars for the crimes committed!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:58 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I've always been of the opinion that it's a simple case of strength in numbers. When one person has the strength to come forward, more often do because they feel safer knowing that they won't be the first.

I won't go any further with this but. Revanfan if someone robs you while your out or breaks into your home and assaults you, I'm 100% sure you will contact the authorities immediately to report the assault as soon as you can! I highly doubt you'd wait to see if someone else was robbed or neighbors were assaulted too before you come forward! Or that you'd keep silent until you heard a news report of a similar incident! You'd feel safer knowing the assailant is apprehended and behind bars for the crimes committed!

Someone who robs my place has no real power over me, other than for a moment. Sexual assault is a WHOLE different beast. Women, for a long time, have hardly ever been believed, and have been threatened and forced into fear of retaliation should they tell their stories. Someone who has a voice, money, and power can easily ruin you and hold that against you to keep you in silent fear. I have strong understanding as to why women would be afraid to come forward, and it is doing them a massive disservice to compare their situation to a random physical assault during a robbery, where the robber has no power over you once the event is over.

But yes, I do think we should drop this. This topic could easily go astray, and I'd like to keep the forum from becoming too broken in division. I don't want another 2016 mess. The only reason I'm replying is twofold: I kind of feel I have to out of personal conviction to my views on this topic, and also it's football related. I get where you're coming from, and I know several people personally who feel the same as you, but I wholeheartedly disagree, and feel that context matters, and that physical and sexual assault just cannot be compared in that way. I've always felt that way and likely always will.

Also, I've added a warning to the title of this thread due to the discussion's nature.
My Cowboys Journal

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:14 am

RevanFan wrote:
Someone who robs my place has no real power over me, other than for a moment. Sexual assault is a WHOLE different beast. Women, for a long time, have hardly ever been believed, and have been threatened and forced into fear of retaliation should they tell their stories. Someone who has a voice, money, and power can easily ruin you and hold that against you to keep you in silent fear. I have strong understanding as to why women would be afraid to come forward, and it is doing them a massive disservice to compare their situation to a random physical assault during a robbery, where the robber has no power over you once the event is over.

But yes, I do think we should drop this. This topic could easily go astray, and I'd like to keep the forum from becoming too broken in division. I don't want another 2016 mess. The only reason I'm replying is twofold: I kind of feel I have to out of personal conviction to my views on this topic, and also it's football related. I get where you're coming from, and I know several people personally who feel the same as you, but I wholeheartedly disagree, and feel that context matters, and that physical and sexual assault just cannot be compared in that way. I've always felt that way and likely always will.

Also, I've added a warning to the title of this thread due to the discussion's nature.

I unfortunately come from a home as a child where my mother, brothers an myself were physically assaulted and abused by my father for years. She finally divorced him after 13 years of a broken marriage. He had a serious drug problem along with alcoholism. I vowed long, long ago as a child, in prayer asking that I never be like him in any way. I know first hand of how abuse/assault can break the spirit and will of the victims! It's not easy to live with or get over!

It is a very serious subject that we should be able to have here. Any form of assault in ANY nature is horrific for anyone to endure, sexual assault is not the precedence over any other assault. That's my view. If I choose, any type over others, it would be child abuse!

I do agree with you about how many, many women do not get a fair shake in many of these situations. But this society has a way of allowing certain men get away with bloody murder. Just remember Donald Trump was accused of inappropriate touching, sexual misconduct, fondling, groping, etc. He even had his for hire lover Stromy Daniels com out with a tell all. But he went on to become the president of the United States of America.

The accusations were taken lightly, discredited, swept under the rug and millions of american people (male & female) voted him into to office. And continually stood by him amidst his stench of misconduct!

One of my "use to be" favorite players the NFL, Kareem Hunt was caught on camera kicking a women. The KC organization took immediate action releasing Hunt from the team voiding his contract, expelling him from the league. But a few months later, Cleveland Browns ownership signed Hunt to play for them citing "he made a mistake and has learned from it"! Antonio Brown just played in a Super Bowl even after all of the scandal and off the field issues with his assault and sexual misconduct.

Again, I'm in no way shape or form agreeing with any type of assault of any one no matter who they are. Many people who have lots of money feel they can get away with doing inappropriate things to people, as they use the money as a weapon. They feel they can buy their way in or out!

But as I stated in my other post, the timing for the allegation & accusations against Watson are impeccably marked! The lawyer even tried to get an out of court settlement/extort money from Watson to keep this out of the public arena. But when Watson declined the offer, it became public!

And on the NFL Network there was a report that even with these allegations, there are up to 5 teams that would still want him to play for their organizations in the future.

We've been here at this crossroad many times over with other men of so-called status & stature, including NFL players. We'll just have to wait to see the end results when the dust settles.

I am in no way taking sides. I don't' know the character of Watson or the accusers to lean either way!

If Watson did in fact do those horrific things, I hope the American justice system and the NFL does the right thing and process him to the fullest extent.

Revanfan, I see and understand your point of view also 1000%. We both want the same thing!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:27 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:We've been here at this crossroad many times over with other men of so-called status & stature, including NFL players. We'll just have to wait to see the end results when the dust settles.

I am in no way taking sides. I don't' know the character of Watson or the accusers to lean either way!

If Watson did in fact do those horrific things, I hope the American justice system and the NFL does the right thing and process him to the fullest extent.

I completely agree, and I do definitely understand your point of view on it. Physical assault too is horrible, but to me sexual assault is just a different level of depravity altogether, and seeing so many stories like this, and seeing when people get away with it, makes my blood boil. Imaging how I would feel if someone I love had that happen to them... it kills me. I'm sorry all that happened to you and your family. I'm glad for your conviction and personal strength to not only grow and heal from it, but to also be open enough to discuss it. That is so very important.

I fully agree that neither of us knows either the accusers or the accused, so judgements from afar are difficult and prone to biases. But... situations like this just make me so sad and angry.
My Cowboys Journal

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: CONTENT WARNING - anyone remember this... from desean watson?

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:16 pm

Man ... Well ... This is the kind of situation that I wouldn't want to touch with a 20m stick. It would rip apart the stick anyway.

If recent events (and the SWAT series, and I mean it) have taught me anything is that you are not judge, jury and executioner. So I'll just stay as far, FAR away from this until it reaches a conclusion. And if the world is still working right, there will be justice for all.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: CONTENT WARNING - anyone remember this... from desean watson?

Postby BUS36 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:20 pm

I totally agree that if all the accusations against Desean Watson are true and it found by a grand jury to stand trial. The NFL has to suspend him until that trial has come to a verdict.
The old saying innocent till proven guilty still needs to be given a chance. I remember that after Jerome Bettis had signed a 6 year 36 Million dollar contract, a woman said that he sexually assaulted her. All the newspapers and TV news shows jumped on it, then two college students came forward about a college professor explaine dhow to money fro pro athletes. It so happened that the lady that accused Bettis was the neice of the professor. The charges were dropped.
If Watson has done what the women have accused him of doing, then he must do the time for his crimes. but until the final word is said...I would just want the truth to come out and if justice is needed it should be served.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “Houston Texans”