Jason Witten RETIRING! another good cowboy gone....

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Jason Witten RETIRING! another good cowboy gone....

Postby RevanFan » Fri May 04, 2018 2:36 pm

1312qohelet wrote:He never was much of a scoring threat - 68 career TD is still pretty good.

That's third in team history.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri May 04, 2018 9:15 pm

RevanFan wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:He never was much of a scoring threat - 68 career TD is still pretty good.

Behind...let me guess...Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin??

henshao
Pro Bowl

Postby henshao » Fri May 04, 2018 10:07 pm

In an NFL of on-field and off-the-field drama, Witten was a breath of fresh air for a long long time. The only question now is whether he'll make the Hall on his first ballot.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri May 04, 2018 11:09 pm

henshao wrote:In an NFL of on-field and off-the-field drama, Witten was a breath of fresh air for a long long time. The only question now is whether he'll make the Hall on his first ballot.

He should. He's been pretty unstoppable his entire career. And missed like ... 5-10 games in his career? So, yeah, he should.

Now, I started to wonder when Antonio Gates and Phillip Rivers are going to hang them up ...
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 05, 2018 12:04 am

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Bob Hayes (2) and Dez Bryant (1). For receiving touchdowns, anyway. Not sure about total.
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 05, 2018 12:04 am

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Bob Hayes (2) and Dez Bryant (1). For receiving touchdowns, anyway. Not sure about total.
My Cowboys Journal

henshao
Pro Bowl

Postby henshao » Sat May 05, 2018 12:05 am

jose21crisis wrote:
henshao wrote:In an NFL of on-field and off-the-field drama, Witten was a breath of fresh air for a long long time. The only question now is whether he'll make the Hall on his first ballot.

He should. He's been pretty unstoppable his entire career. And missed like ... 5-10 games in his career? So, yeah, he should.

Now, I started to wonder when Antonio Gates and Phillip Rivers are going to hang them up ...

Oh, he's going to Canton, it's just a matter of when.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Witten was a great player. I really liked him when he was with the Vols and although he played for a division rival. He was a playmaker in his prime and just plain clutch on 3rd down. He may have lost his speed/agility through the years but the guy's hands were golden. You could throw anything to him and 9/10 times he will catch it. He was willing to catch the ball on 10 yard routes over the middle where linebackers await eagerly to put a good lick on you as a receiver.

I am sad that he along with Romo never won a ring. Not because I love the cowboys (heck yea i hate them :P) but because these were all-star players who deserved to win at least one championship. They were always game changers and really carried a cowboys team that usually was filled with holes in terms of other skill players.

By losing dez, romo, and witten, the cowboys may be younger but that experience is valuable as mentioned before in the locker room......

I think Dak continues to regress without solid skill players like bryant or witten catching passes. Unless they pull a RG3 run option type of offense with zeke the cowboys will flounder on offense this upcoming season. I think Dak will be relegated to a backup quarterback after this season if he fails to lead the team back to the playoffs and a winning record (at least 9-7) and the cowboys will look to get another qb in the draft or via free agency. Dak prescott will be exposed for his lack of passing accuracy/field vision.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”