NY or NJ

Sponsor

Sponsor

PML17
Hall of Fame

Re: NY or NJ

Postby PML17 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:25 pm

From Wikipedia(Take it as you will) :
"The New York Giants are a professional American football team located in the New York metropolitan area. "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_metropolitan_area
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:56 am

PML17 wrote:From Wikipedia(Take it as you will) :
"The New York Giants are a professional American football team located in the New York metropolitan area. "

I feel that, just because you're in the New York metropolitan area, it doesn't mean you should parade as a New York team. The New York metropolitan area includes some of Connecticut, Pennsylvania (very little), and New Jersey, as well as up through Dutchess County in New York. I am in New York. I am a New Yorker. The Giants and Jets are not in New York any longer. Close, yes, but not in New York.

The Bills are a New York team. They're nearly in the middle of nowhere, but it's in New York State. I know my views are not shared by many, but differing views make life interesting.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:10 pm

RevanFan wrote:I feel that, just because you're in the New York metropolitan area, it doesn't mean you should parade as a New York team. The New York metropolitan area includes some of Connecticut, Pennsylvania (very little), and New Jersey, as well as up through Dutchess County in New York. I am in New York. I am a New Yorker. The Giants and Jets are not in New York any longer. Close, yes, but not in New York.

The Bills are a New York team. They're nearly in the middle of nowhere, but it's in New York State. I know my views are not shared by many, but differing views make life interesting.

The Bills play farther from the HEART of NY(Manhattan) then the Giants.
But yes whats life without arguing?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:53 pm

mee wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I feel that, just because you're in the New York metropolitan area, it doesn't mean you should parade as a New York team. The New York metropolitan area includes some of Connecticut, Pennsylvania (very little), and New Jersey, as well as up through Dutchess County in New York. I am in New York. I am a New Yorker. The Giants and Jets are not in New York any longer. Close, yes, but not in New York.

The Bills play farther from the HEART of NY(Manhattan) then the Giants.
But yes whats life without arguing?

I'm sorry, but the heart of New York is The Bronx (go Yanks!). And yes, the Bills play a long distance away from the City, but at least they're not in New Jersey!

I don't consider this an argument. More of a debate.
My Cowboys Journal

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:59 pm

RevanFan wrote:I'm sorry, but the heart of New York is The Bronx (go Yanks!). And yes, the Bills play a long distance away from the City, but at least they're not in New Jersey!

GO YANKS!
Sorry but if they win 80 games this year i would be shocked. The way they, the Mets,Knicks,Nets,Jets and Giants are playing the RANGERS and ISLANDERS are the city. Manhattan wins because the Islanders are moving. So yes the HEART is MANHATTAN. And yes this is a debate.

I guess you didnt get PM17's point. The start of NJ is still NY.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:06 pm

mee wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I'm sorry, but the heart of New York is The Bronx (go Yanks!). And yes, the Bills play a long distance away from the City, but at least they're not in New Jersey!

GO YANKS!
Sorry but if they win 80 games this year i would be shocked. The way they, the Mets,Knicks,Nets,Jets and Giants are playing the RANGERS and ISLANDERS are the city. Manhattan wins because the Islanders are moving. So yes the HEART is MANHATTAN. And yes this is a debate.

I guess you didnt get PM17's point. The start of NJ is still NY.

I did get the point. I know all about the New York metropolitan area, considering I live there. A metropolitan area does not make one state. The New York metropolitan area, and the larger combined statistical area, combines counties from FOUR STATES: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. The only parts of it that I consider New York are the parts actually in New York. Those are New York County, Bronx County, Kings County, Queens County, Richmond County, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Westchester County, Putnam County, Dutchess County, Rockland County, and Orange County. Everything else in the New York metropolitan area or CSA is not New York.
My Cowboys Journal

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:19 pm

RevanFan wrote:I did get the point. I know all about the New York metropolitan area, considering I live there. A metropolitan area does not make one state. The New York metropolitan area, and the larger combined statistical area, combines counties from FOUR STATES: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. The only parts of it that I consider New York are the parts actually in New York. Those are New York County, Bronx County, Kings County, Queens County, Richmond County, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Westchester County, Putnam County, Dutchess County, Rockland County, and Orange County. Everything else in the New York metropolitan area or CSA is not New York.

May i ask why? New York metropolitan area

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:25 pm

mee wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I did get the point. I know all about the New York metropolitan area, considering I live there. A metropolitan area does not make one state. The New York metropolitan area, and the larger combined statistical area, combines counties from FOUR STATES: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. The only parts of it that I consider New York are the parts actually in New York. Those are New York County, Bronx County, Kings County, Queens County, Richmond County, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Westchester County, Putnam County, Dutchess County, Rockland County, and Orange County. Everything else in the New York metropolitan area or CSA is not New York.

May i ask why? New York metropolitan area

Simply because New York is the central city. If you consider the CSA, it is the New York-Newark, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area. Just because it is named after the central city doesn't mean it counts as being in the state. If you look at state boundaries, it clearly doesn't.
My Cowboys Journal

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:31 pm

RevanFan wrote:Simply because New York is the central city. If you consider the CSA, it is the New York-Newark, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area. Just because it is named after the central city doesn't mean it counts as being in the state. If you look at state boundaries, it clearly doesn't.

Well i guess i cant argue state border because its in NJ. So lets argue fan base here is a comment by you...
RevanFan wrote:Not bad. There's a surprisingly high number of Cowboys fans living around where I live. It's still almost entirely Giants fans, but there's more Cowboys fans than you'd think. Jets fans are almost nonexistent, though, and I live not far from New York City. Says a lot about the state of their franchise. Or maybe they're just in hiding and not talking about their team?

I bolded my point, if its a Giants town and a Giants state (as a whole) then they are a NY team.

Return to “New York Giants”