Odell Beckham Jr. is overrated at this point.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 pm

Injuries aside I think he is literally stealing checks from the Browns and is not as good as he once was with the Giants. Overpaid and overrated.

https://www.thecoldwire.com/is-odell-be ... overrated/
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Odell Beckham Jr. is overrated at this point.

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:40 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Injuries aside I think he is literally stealing checks from the Browns and is not as good as he once was with the Giants. Overpaid and overrated.

https://www.thecoldwire.com/is-odell-be ... overrated/

Yeah, injuries aside, he's one of the most dynamic WR's in the league. He may not be the number one guy or top 5 any more. But he's a game breaker who every defense must account for every play. He's never really had a great QB to play with. So if you call Eli Manning or Baker Mayfield great, I'd disagree whole heartedly. If he ever gets paired with a great QB, he'll put up numbers like he did those 3 seasons when made the pro bowl team.

Pro Football Focus has him ranked 18th currently. I think he's better than Chris Godwin, Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson, Terry Mclaurin, Keenen Allen and a few others. If healthy and with a solid QB he's top 10 easily. But because the Browns are run heavy first, he won't put up the numbers to prove it. He'll have to go else where. And because he's got that huge contract til 2023, has had injuries derail his seasons the last two or three, he has a fire mouth and won't just shut up and play, teams will stay away fearing he'll be a distraction until he proves otherwise.

Imo, playing with the Browns with Baker as his QB won't improve his chances to show teams what he has left to offer. He needs to let the work on the field do the talking for him!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Not ALL of the blame can fall on Mayfield for Beckham Jr. struggling so much. At some point, even with replacement level QB play, the receiver should prove how skilled they truly are. It shouldn't take a great QB, a player that will naturally make the players around him look better, and I don't mean just the receivers, to show that a receiver is great. Mayfield is at least an average QB, and even if the Browns' offensive scheme won't let him put up volume stats, he can prove he's still a top receiver by being efficient when relied upon.

He has the talent, he's shown it with late-career Eli. He needs to prove he can still access it, though. The Steeler fan in me wouldn't like that (don't, please), but as a more impartial fan, it would be nice to see him put up solid numbers.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:49 am

jose21crisis wrote:Not ALL of the blame can fall on Mayfield for Beckham Jr. struggling so much. At some point, even with replacement level QB play, the receiver should prove how skilled they truly are. It shouldn't take a great QB, a player that will naturally make the players around him look better, and I don't mean just the receivers, to show that a receiver is great. Mayfield is at least an average QB, and even if the Browns' offensive scheme won't let him put up volume stats, he can prove he's still a top receiver by being efficient when relied upon.

He has the talent, he's shown it with late-career Eli. He needs to prove he can still access it, though. The Steeler fan in me wouldn't like that (don't, please), but as a more impartial fan, it would be nice to see him put up solid numbers.

I agree 88%. WR's no matter what level HS, D1 or pro need a good QB to put the bsll in plsy where the WR can do his job, make the play. stretch out, dive, reach back, within ramge, the pass must be within striking distance. Odell ia WR who talks the the talk and walks the walk. He"s a bonafied play maker and he knows it. He talks trash and backs it up. He's not like Julio Jones or Jerry Rice, an assasin who lets his work speak for him. He's Keshawn, T.O and Randy Moss, "Get me the dam ball'! He's not the first, or the last WR that wants to be the guy who makes the QB the GOAT. He wants to be the GOAT WR! I get it, but most regular fans never will! It's like an actor being in character, but it's his nature to be the best!

If he plays for Andy Reid, with Patrick Mahomes or a Russell Wilson... lights out! Odell is that deal whether you want to believe it or not! And his homie Javis Landry vouches for him every day of the week! QB's make WR's and vice versa! He'll never reach max potential with Mayfield. And Eli only gave you a glimse of his true value!

averagefootballfan
Rookie

Postby averagefootballfan » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:56 am

This aged like milk.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:16 am

He was dominating the Super Bowl before he got injured..... maybe he is under rated?

Return to “Cleveland Browns”