Panthers will make another superbowl run this year.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:00 pm

I know it's a bit early to say this but I think Cam Newton and the Panthers with all their talent will go against the Chiefs this year in the Superbowl. I think Cam has an MVP caliber year with McCaffrey's pass catching and running abilities easing the load on the offense. Panthers go 12-4 in the regular season.

Plus I'm also a fan of Cam Newton's youtube channel now which I never knew he even had one. It's pretty legit especially his colab with Mr. Beast breaking Guinness records video.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Panthers will make another superbowl run this year.

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:54 pm

*Stares at the now healthy Falcons*
Hmm ....
*Stares at the Saints and old man Brees*
Yeah ... I think those 2 could put a wall in front of a double digit win season for the Panthers. I think the Falcons and the Saints hold off the Panthers, and I don't think they make it as a Wild Card.
I think Atlanta wins the division because a) Last year injuries destroyed any kind of defense they had, b) Brees is getting old and regression bound to happen, and not just to Brees, c) The Bucs are ... the Bucs, with Bruce Arians at Head Coach.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

I think Cam's broken

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:12 pm

So far I've seen 2 Panthers games, thanks to Fox. On both games, I've seen that Cam has been ... off ... as in, he has not been as good as he's usually.
  • His throwing motion felt Tebow-like, way too slow and telegraphed. (More noticeable against the Bucs)
  • His accuracy has been ... off. This is a function of his O-Line giving up pressure quickly on half on the plays, but even from a clean pocket a fair number of passes end up uncatchable.
  • He's a tank of a QB (I would rant about running QB Sneaks with massive QBs over complex direct snap sweeps, but not here) that can run really well ... but I've only seen him run once. For a loss of yards ... and a lost fumble. He's not running as much as he used to run.
I don't know, but it looks like Cam is going through the Roethlisberger or Luck way, getting hit a bunch of times. Not sure which one he'll take.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:02 pm

I thought the Panther's would play better against the Bucs. Boy was I wrong, the team looked simply bad as a whole. The defense has not lived up to expectations so far and the offense can't seem to make the plays when they need them. It doesn't look good for Rivera IMO! Panthers will not go anywhere this season. Cam looks, acts, feels and plays banged up! The falcons are not what everyone thinks and will have a mediocre season. The saints will rule the division and and should be poised to make a run for the SB! After the lost to the Buc's, I see the Panther's barely winning 6-7 games with their schedule! Then, it will be bye-bye Rivera!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:49 pm

I think both of you guys are right after seeing the highlights of the game. It looks like Cam has foot issues bothering him despite the denials of Rivera at the post game podium. I don't think Cam's foot is good that's why we don't see him running around from the pocket and also he used to have more juice/zip on his deep passes (maybe due to being able to plant his foot and throw off of it.) I'm not seeing that this year. His passes look more soft/catchable this year but at the expense of lost velocity or momentum. That O-line is not very good and a major liability not only in the pass but also in the run game. Unless Rivera turns it around this season and at minimum sneaks into a lower wildcard seed to the playoffs I think he gets fired as well. The Panthers have too many skill position players who are young and talented to be this bad. Changes will be coming in Charlotte for sure in the near future.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “NFC South”