Controller Kicking Meter Glitching

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
MaccaWacca
Veteran

Postby MaccaWacca » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:20 am

Hello,
When I use my xbox one controller (yes I have optimized it to an xbox 360 controller with this post: viewtopic.php?t=18538) The kicking meter doesn't work great. When I flick the right stick back to the left or right the game doesn't recognise the command, and the same happens when I flick the stick up on an angle to the left or right; the game doesn't recognise the command. Just wondering what I can do to fix this?

Cheers

Here is another post with the same issue: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20023&p=104971&hilit=controller+kicking+meter#p104971
Aussie guy who plays Aussie rules down under. Loved NFL and madden for years. You Beauty. :)

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Controller Kicking Meter Glitching

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:52 pm

MaccaWacca wrote:Hello,
When I use my xbox one controller (yes I have optimized it to an xbox 360 controller with this post: viewtopic.php?t=18538) The kicking meter doesn't work great. When I flick the right stick back to the left or right the game doesn't recognise the command, and the same happens when I flick the stick up on an angle to the left or right; the game doesn't recognise the command. Just wondering what I can do to fix this?

Cheers

Here is another post with the same issue: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20023&p=104971&hilit=controller+kicking+meter#p104971

Have you tried to recalibrate the controller?

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:52 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:

Cheers

If this is the issue I'm thinking of then calibrating won't work. The game is really weird with controllers and I haven't found a fix for it yet.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:52 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Cheers

If this is the issue I'm thinking of then calibrating won't work. The game is really weird with controllers and I haven't found a fix for it yet.

Yeah, I get that about some controllers. On Windows 10 I use two legit XBox 360 controllers paired through two generic wireless controller transmitters. I followed the steps to get Madden to recognize them as "XBox Controller for Windows". When the game and pc recognized them as "OEM Controller", none of the buttons or analog sticks functioned properly. But I installed the Windows XBox controller software and recalibrated both controllers and they both function properly.

Also I have Madden 20 pc. Madden 20 pc does not recognize my Logitech controller at all, but both XBox 360 controllers work flawlessly. Recalibration may not work with XBox One controller, but it wouldn't hurt to try! It may be a driver issue!

Return to “Troubleshooting”