Franchise corrupt

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Hamic
Rookie

Franchise corrupt

Postby Hamic » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:18 am

Hello! I’m having trouble loading a franchise file after I edited it in maddenamp, after I traded a draft pick on maddenamp between two non-user controlled teams I saved the changes but when I launched madden and attempted to load the file I got the following message: “There was an error loading the file. It may be damaged. Click ‘ok’ to continue. Does anybody know the fix to this?

Franchise corrupt

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Franchise corrupt

Postby achernar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:37 am

You didnt did a backup?

BTW, I always have my save files in sync with a cloud service (could be Dropbox or GDrive)
they have version of the files, so if you overwrite some and get corrupted, you could always made this step back

Hamic
Rookie

Postby Hamic » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Nah I was stupid, going forward I definitely plan on doing this

Hamic
Rookie

Postby Hamic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:14 am

Alright so I started fresh and made sure to backup my files but it seems the issue corrupting it is when I edit a player, like free agency can get weird and like for example the seahawks letting Russell Wilson walk, so when I go to move him back through MaddenAMP then try to load the file I get that error, is their something I'm doing wrong?

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:11 am

You should have control all the teams...

So you could put Russel back to Seahawks in-game...

Hamic
Rookie

Postby Hamic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:27 pm

I mean I could but then there would be the mess with them not signing free agents or resigning players and whatnot

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:20 pm

Hamic wrote:Hello! I’m having trouble loading a franchise file after I edited it in maddenamp, after I traded a draft pick on maddenamp between two non-user controlled teams I saved the changes but when I launched madden and attempted to load the file I got the following message: “There was an error loading the file. It may be damaged. Click ‘ok’ to continue. Does anybody know the fix to this?

For some reason AMP will "corrupt" files after saving them. I say "corrupt" because it is fixable. Open the franchise in NZA's Editor, and save it. That should fix the franchise file.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Hamic
Rookie

Postby Hamic » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:35 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
Hamic wrote:Hello! I’m having trouble loading a franchise file after I edited it in maddenamp, after I traded a draft pick on maddenamp between two non-user controlled teams I saved the changes but when I launched madden and attempted to load the file I got the following message: “There was an error loading the file. It may be damaged. Click ‘ok’ to continue. Does anybody know the fix to this?

For some reason AMP will "corrupt" files after saving them. I say "corrupt" because it is fixable. Open the franchise in NZA's Editor, and save it. That should fix the franchise file.

Oh wow thanks so much, saved me alot of time.

IceyJFish
All-Pro

Postby IceyJFish » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:37 pm

My is still corroupted :cry:

LeNordique
Pro Bowl

Postby LeNordique » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:36 pm

Got the same message with my franchise file after trying to load it. I tried opening with NZA editor as suggested but got a similar message saying the file is corrupted. Could I have done something while editing in MaddenAMP that caused the game to think the file is corrupted?

Return to “Troubleshooting”