Screen Resolution Issue

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
grabursock55
MVP

Screen Resolution Issue

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:21 am

I am trying to play for the first time on my new Win 10 Laptop.

For some reason, I can not change the screen resolution for madden 08, no matter What I do. My recommended laptop screen resolution is 1920x1080, but the game is like stuck at 800x600 or something. if I go in the in game settings, i can click on different resolutions, but it doesnt actually change anything. I tried editing the .ini file as well, but again, it did nothing.

I would appreciate any help! I feel like a drama queen, but I cant play with these huge black bars on either side of the screen and low resolution! I have wasted all day today trying to figure it out, and I am out of ideas. Very stressed.

Thanks!
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

Screen Resolution Issue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Screen Resolution Issue

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:35 am

The game runs at 800 x 600 but then when you go into a game it goes to 1920 x 1080 (if you choose it)so you wont notice unless you are playing a game.....

My game isn't even full screen until I go into a game

You can open the settings file in your my documents folder and manually enter the dimensions maybe....

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:38 am

Rixster67r wrote:The game runs at 800 x 600 but then when you go into a game it goes to 1920 x 1080 (if you choose it)so you wont notice unless you are playing a game.....

My game isn't even full screen until I go into a game

Yeah, I have seen this before, but mine doesnt do that. Stays in the same weird res no matter if its in menus or games

I just took a couple screencaps, but it only took the part of the screen that ISNT blacked out, but now I know the screen res in 640x480.

All my nvidia drivers are up to date and I am not using an external monitor or anthing

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:46 pm

Delete the system folder inside the mydocuments/Madden NFL 08 folder.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:35 pm

elguapo wrote:Delete the system folder inside the mydocuments/Madden NFL 08 folder.

Hmm, That didnt seem to work either. I appreciate the help though.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 pm

grabursock55 wrote:
elguapo wrote:Delete the system folder inside the mydocuments/Madden NFL 08 folder.

Hmm, That didnt seem to work either. I appreciate the help though.

Rename your Madden NFL 08 folder to something else and then restart Madden to create a clean Madden NFL 08 folder. If you can adjust your settings then it's a file in the Madden NFL 08 folder that's preventing you from changing the settings. Run Madden without any scripts.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:40 am

grabursock55 wrote:I am trying to play for the first time on my new Win 10 Laptop.

For some reason, I can not change the screen resolution for madden 08, no matter What I do. My recommended laptop screen resolution is 1920x1080, but the game is like stuck at 800x600 or something. if I go in the in game settings, i can click on different resolutions, but it doesnt actually change anything. I tried editing the .ini file as well, but again, it did nothing.

I would appreciate any help! I feel like a drama queen, but I cant play with these huge black bars on either side of the screen and low resolution! I have wasted all day today trying to figure it out, and I am out of ideas. Very stressed.

Thanks!

You can open the Madden.ini file with Notepad. Scroll to the [Video] settings to manually edit the numbers to 1980x1080. The ini file is located in the docs/madden folder.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:39 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
grabursock55 wrote:I am trying to play for the first time on my new Win 10 Laptop.

Thanks!

You can open the Madden.ini file with Notepad. Scroll to the [Video] settings to manually edit the numbers to 1980x1080. The ini file is located in the docs/madden folder.

Yep, I have tried that and no luck.

@elguapo,
I will try that and see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:34 am

grabursock55 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Thanks!

Yep, I have tried that and no luck.

@elguapo,
I will try that and see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

Maybe try to refresh DirectX that comes on Madden DVD.

Return to “Troubleshooting”