does anyone convert pc to ps2 rosters?

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:03 pm

:D im looking for a hand out ;)

i would like to convert a madden 08 pc roster to be used on madden 08 ps2. how can i do that?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: does anyone convert pc to ps2 rosters?

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:38 pm

KO'BBF wrote::D im looking for a hand out ;)

i would like to convert a madden 08 pc roster to be used on madden 08 ps2. how can i do that?

I'll throw you a bone. You have to use the PS2 save file tools (mymc) to extract the savefile from PS2 memory card. Once you do that, you just need to open the savefile in savebuilder to extract the roster. Open extracted roster in a DB editor, then import the PC version of the "play table" only into the PS2 roster. Save, reimport into the PS2 roster. Drop that into your save file. Load on your memory card and play. I did it last year and have some info in my PC/PS2 Merger Topic. The process should take about 5-10 minutes max.

Don't forget to reorder depth charts once you're in Madden ps2 before you start a game or franchise.

Tools you need are: ps2 savebuilder and ps2 mymc.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:12 am

:D thank you very much.

i think it is time to embark on a new project. 1987 for the ps2
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:10 pm

KO'BBF wrote::D thank you very much.

i think it is time to embark on a new project. 1987 for the ps2

When I did my roster, I went a little deeper in the process. I exported both play tables, had them opened and sorted by TGID and PGID side-by-side in Excel. Then imported the current 32 teams and current FA's only from the PC play table. I over-wrote those teams and FA's which allowed me to keep the old-time, all-time and Europe teams in the PS2 roster.

I also did the same with the current Jinx roster. I imported the current teams and FA's into the 08 default roster. I can play the old-time or all-time vs current any time. :D

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:18 pm

i just downloaded savebuilder and mymc and just begun the process

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:13 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:

I'll throw you a bone. You have to use the PS2 save file tools (mymc) to extract the savefile from PS2 memory card. Once you do that, you just need to open the savefile in savebuilder to extract the roster. Open extracted roster in a DB editor, then import the PC version of the "play table" only into the PS2 roster. Save, reimport into the PS2 roster. Drop that into your save file. Load on your memory card and play. I did it last year and have some info in my PC/PS2 Merger Topic. The process should take about 5-10 minutes max.

Don't forget to reorder depth charts once you're in Madden ps2 before you start a game or franchise.

how do you get the ps2 memory card file on to an external hd or a usb stick? i thought it would be as easy as just plugging it into the usb port. but it's not

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:41 pm

I have converted rosters for the PS2 on Operation Sports

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... sters.html

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:52 pm

I am trying to use mymc to extract some files off of PCSX2 but I can't get it to work.... anyone able to use mymc out of the box or what did you do to get it working.....

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:27 am

KO'BBF wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

how do you get the ps2 memory card file on to an external hd or a usb stick? i thought it would be as easy as just plugging it into the usb port. but it's not
You will need to purchase one of the PS2 to PC adapters like sharkport.

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:19 pm

You can follow these steps I made for NCAA on PS2 but for Madden: https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... -ncaa.html

I also made tutorials for Madden conversion from PC to PS2 here: https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... rials.html
I also go by Antdroid on other forums and places.

https://www.ncaanext.com - NCAA 06 NEXT Mod
https://discord.ncaanext.com - NCAA & Madden NEXT PS2 Discord

Return to “Other Madden versions”