cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:31 am

cdcool wrote:
manooly wrote:This great stuff cdcool! I've followed you for many years as a fellow CPU vs CPU player (watcher). I love watching each and every game and letting the games play out by themselves. I love checking over the stats as the year progresses. I'm trying to get back into Madden 08 for the PC and would love to copy everything exactly how you are doing it. Believe it or not I can't even get the vanilla game to start after a fresh install. I'm running on a Windows 7-64bit machine that runs all of my modern games just fine. I put the old Madden 08 DVD into the drive for a fresh install last night and can't anything to work. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I'm sooo looking forward to start a fresh 2018 season and replicating what you're doing here. So cool! I look forward to your reply!

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

Thank you for the kind words Manooly!
The best way to play :D

Regarding your install issues, 08 is an old game, I have it running fine in Windows 8.1 64 bit on one of my older computers.
I would suggest disabling your anti-virus and anything else you may have running in the background when trying to install Madden. I have the Amazon version and a boxed version, both work fine, you may want to try the Amazon version, keep me posted, also are you getting an error message or nothing at all?

I'm messing around with Madden 19 PC version also and will have a slider set for Madden 19 PC soon.

The game can't be bought on Amazon anymore.

All I can suggest is you uninstall the game, check for updates for your computer, make sure your video drivers are up to date, restart your computer, and try installing it again. Maybe check to make sure the disc isn't scratched or dirty as well.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sponsor

Sponsor

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:20 am

The game can't be bought on Amazon anymore. All I can suggest is you uninstall the game, check for updates for your computer, make sure your video drivers are up to date, restart your computer, and try installing it again. Maybe check to make sure the disc isn't scratched or dirty as well.

Really, didn't know that! how does one go about getting the game now?

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:03 pm

cdcool wrote:Major Update
Use Calhoupe Scripts version 1.70
Set the Accelerated Clock, to 15 seconds, it's working perfectly and will reduce the number of Plays and during the game, which will help solve the problem of having overinflated stats for 15 minute quarters. (15 seconds left on the clock after the Huddle instead of 20 for each Play) I was getting rushed kicks and punts and other Delay of Game issues in version 1.69.

Reducing 5 seconds per play left on the clock is significant and gets the same approximate of number plays as 12 minute quarters. :D

I'm doing this now and it is working really well, although I tweaked it some and have my accel clock set at :14 seconds.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:54 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
Set the Accelerated Clock, to 15 seconds, it's working perfectly and will reduce the number of Plays and during the game, which will help solve the problem of having overinflated stats for 15 minute quarters. (15 seconds left on the clock after the Huddle instead of 20 for each Play) I was getting rushed kicks and punts and other Delay of Game issues in version 1.69.

Reducing 5 seconds per play left on the clock is significant and gets the same approximate of number plays as 12 minute quarters. :D

I'm doing this now and it is working really well, although I tweaked it some and have my accel clock set at :14 seconds.

14? any issues with the plays being rushed?
The stats should line up now. I'm starting my second season, so I will keep everyone posted.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:18 am

cdcool wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:

The stats should line up now. I'm starting my second season, so I will keep everyone posted.

Nope, typically the ball gets snapped with about 3-4 seconds left on the play clock.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:18 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:

Nope, typically the ball gets snapped with about 3-4 seconds left on the play clock.

No delay of games? you should get some at 14, it's cutting it very close on every play. If it works for you okay, I found 15 to be the hot spot and so does Cal.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:42 am

cdcool wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:

No delay of games? you should get some at 14, it's cutting it very close on every play. If it works for you okay, I found 15 to be the hot spot and so does Cal.

I have not seen a delay of game yet. Will give 15 a try.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:01 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:

I would, NFL teams don’t cut it that close on every play and 15 is fine for the number of plays.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:46 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:

The delay of game penalties mostly happen on my end when the play the CPU has called includes auto-motion, specifically, RBs coming from the backfield. It does happen from time to time using 15 or below. I use 16 and there is no Delay of Game penalties (I'm really considering putting it at 15 though, so that there is the very rare Delay of Game every 2 or so games).
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:57 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:No delay of games? you should get some at 14, it's cutting it very close on every play. If it works for you okay, I found 15 to be the hot spot and so does Cal.

The delay of game penalties mostly happen on my end when the play the CPU has called includes auto-motion, specifically, RBs coming from the backfield. It does happen from time to time using 15 or below. I use 16 and there is no Delay of Game penalties (I'm really considering putting it at 15 though, so that there is the very rare Delay of Game every 2 or so games).

I’ve never seen one on 15 seconds so I use it to get less plays per game.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”