Converting Xbox TMdl

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
mee
Hall of Fame

Converting Xbox TMdl

Postby mee » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Edit 2/18: Well the thread sort of switched topics while staying on topic so I changed the name.

Just want to know. File 15 in PLADATA.dat. After Decompressing and opening in a hex editor, TMdl

Code: Select all

TMdl............Infop...........Skel€...Ô.......Swap`...~.......Clstà ..Ä.......Geom°!..¤8......Matl`Z..........

Then after that we have a EA3 file.

pm2400.ea3......K...˜...P.......Ð.......IDEAL_OUT.......main............rhip............rknee...........rankle..........rball...........rtoe............lhip............lknee...........lankle..........lball...........ltoe............low_torso.......mid_torso.......up_torso........necklo..........neckhi..........headend.........eye_knuckle.....reye............leye............rclavicle.......rshoulder.......relbow..........rforearm........rwrist..........rpinkyBase......rpinkyLow.......rpinkyMid.......rpinkyHi........rpinkyEnd.......RFOOTBALL.......rringLow........rringMid........rringHi.........rringEnd........rmiddleLow......rmiddleMid......rmiddleHi.......rmiddleEnd......rindexLow.......rindexMid.......rindexHi........rindexEnd.......rthumbBase......rthumbLow.......rthumbHi........rthumbEnd.......lclavicle.......lshoulder.......lelbow..........lforearm........lwrist..........lpinkyBase......lpinkyLow.......lpinkyMid.......lpinkyHi........lpinkyEnd.......LFOOTBALL.......lringLow........lringMid........lringHi.........lringEnd........lmiddleLow......lmiddleMid......lmiddleHi.......lmiddleEnd......lindexLow.......lindexMid.......lindexHi........lindexEnd.......lthumbBase......lthumbLow.......lthumbHi........lthumbEnd

It goes on of course.

Just wondering: Is this EA3 file like a MMAP? What is it? A 3d model? A Graphic?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Converting Xbox TMdl

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: TMdl-EA3

Postby elguapo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:28 pm

It is an extension that EA uses for their files. I believe the file you are looking at is the 3d model for the football player.

pm2400 = player model 2 version 4?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:53 am

Great. Now we're one step closer to finally editing 3D models.

Here's the other topic about 3D models:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17395&hilit=editing+3d+models#p68312

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:10 pm

EA3 files also appear in stadiums as I discovered looking at the 1 of the TMdls of BiT's Paul Brown Stadium(BEN_FAIR.ea3).
elguapo wrote:It is an extension that EA uses for their files. I believe the file you are looking at is the 3d model for the football player.

pm2400 = player model 2 version 4?

Sounds right. Although it may the sideline player or the in-game player.
Actually file 14 looks very similar to file 15 but slightly smaller..Maybe this is why the sideline players look different then the in-game ones?
Also file 3 is named pm2400.ea3 and looks similar but it's WAY bigger. :o
The only thing is file 2 is called fm2400.ea3. Face model? Then why does it have

fm2400.ea3......K...˜...P.......Ð.......IDEAL_OUT.......main............rhip............rknee...........rankle..........rball...........rtoe............lhip............lknee...........lankle..........lball...........ltoe............low_torso.......mid_torso.......up_torso........necklo..........neckhi..........headend.........eye_knuckle.....reye............leye............rclavicle.......rshoulder.......relbow..........rforearm........rwrist..........rpinkyBase......rpinkyLow.......rpinkyMid.......rpinkyHi........rpinkyEnd.......RFOOTBALL.......rringLow........rringMid........rringHi.........rringEnd........rmiddleLow......rmiddleMid......rmiddleHi.......rmiddleEnd......rindexLow.......rindexMid.......rindexHi........rindexEnd.......rthumbBase......rthumbLow.......rthumbHi........rthumbEnd.......lclavicle.......lshoulder.......lelbow..........lforearm........lwrist..........lpinkyBase......lpinkyLow.......lpinkyMid.......lpinkyHi........lpinkyEnd.......LFOOTBALL.......lringLow........lringMid........lringHi.........lringEnd........lmiddleLow......lmiddleMid......lmiddleHi.......lmiddleEnd......lindexLow.......lindexMid.......lindexHi........lindexEnd.......lthumbBase......lthumbLow.......lthumbHi........lthumbEnd...................

Notice: lknee lankle lball ltoe low_torso mid_torso up_torso etc.

Austinmario13 wrote:Great. Now we're one step closer to finally editing 3D models.

Well... We now need programmers...

Googling "EA3 file" gave me this link giving this...
EA3 stands for Fifa 2001 Environment Data

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:32 am

All stadiums have ea3 files. In fact, I can confirm that even stadiums from NCAA Football have them.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:40 pm

File 2 is indeed the face model. Placed a Null file in and..
Doing so for file 3 lead to a crash.
BelieverInTeal wrote:All stadiums have ea3 files. In fact, I can confirm that even stadiums from NCAA Football have them.

What about Madden Xbox stadiums? Maybe we can change the smf heading with a TMdl heading but keep the EA3?
Also do the newer games have better player models? And do they have EA3s? Or dat files?

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:16 pm

mee wrote:What about Madden Xbox stadiums? Maybe we can change the smf heading with a TMdl heading but keep the EA3?
Also do the newer games have better player models? And do they have EA3s? Or dat files?

It's the ps2 stadiums that have smf's. Xbox stadiums have tmdl's but there's a lot of extra padding around each image.

Not sure what ea3's do exactly. They seem to be part of the tmdl which is why the xbox stadiums have them too. You can change the name of the ea3 and it doesn't seem to have any affect on whether the file will work in game.

Haven't looked at anything above xbox or ps2. If anyone has an xbox 360 disc, feel free to post the PLADATA file.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:55 am

The file mentioned at the top of the thread is a tmdl, or model. The name of that tmdl is "pm2400.ea3"
There is no ea3 filetype as far as I know anyway, it is just an extension used on the filename.
Most or all of the other tmdl's are named this way as well.

This isn't something new, I've had this particular file for years and the last time it was brought up was 2 years ago when someone sent me several that they uncompressed from the dats.
As el guapo said, it is almost 100% likely it is a player model. I'm guessing there are different "resolutions" to these as well, and they are reflected in the filename. If I'm not mistaken we've seen pm2400, pm1200, pm600, pm300, pm150 and pm75
There are also versions in the dats that have ps2 and xbox in the filenames as well.

If you don't like brutal honesty, or you just feel I am wrong about everything, don't read any further...

No offense to anyone, but you are no closer to being able to customize these than you were before. Especially if you are thinking about being able to edit these via the dat files.
These are much more complicated than the field tmdl's I described on these forums in the past, those were simple compared to something like these, and maybe 1-2 people ever tried to customize fields using that info.
Asking programmers to get involved isn't going help you either, you need dedicated modders and programmers working together. This community just doesn't have that kind of support anymore (?)

I know someone is going to ask "but is it possible ?" Yes.
But for the above reasons, it won't happen, at least not editing the dat files.
There was a thread started awhile back (austin provided a link to it above) about the models and I suggested that they look into a directx model ripper that would give you access to the models directly from the video memory, much like the way texmod works with the textures/graphics.
I'm not sure that anyone really explored that very far, but I think that is your best chance to customize these models. And of course you would need to coordinate the model changes with required changes to the uniform textures that are applied to this model.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:14 pm

StingRay68 wrote:There was a thread started awhile back (austin provided a link to it earlier I think) about the models and I suggested that they look into a directx model ripper that would give you access to the models directly from the video memory, much like the way texmod works with the textures/graphics.
I'm not sure that anyone really explored that very far, but I think that is your best chance to customize these models. And of course you would need to coordinate the model changes with required changes to the uniform textures that are applied to this model.

That's why I said that we're one step closer. I referenced the thread earlier, hoping that someone would see about the DirectX model ripper.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Austin, that's fine.
It seemed like you were replying to the original post of that file and then saying we're one step closer.
The thread about the model ripper hasn't been active in months and you should know by now what happens when you post any kind of optimism towards something we currently don't have a way to edit.
I just wanted to post the reality of all this before people come out posting "When will the mod be out"

Return to “Development”