Definition File Update

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
jositomon
Veteran

Re: Definition File Update

Postby jositomon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:55 am

elguapo wrote:TCRP = Team Crowd Color. Works for created teams too.

Interested on this. Do you know what the options are? (Something like 0=primary; 1=secundary...)

Sponsor

Sponsor

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:23 am

jositomon wrote:

Interested on this. Do you know what the options are? (Something like 0=primary; 1=secundary...)

I think it’s (0-Bears, 1-Bengals, etc.)

jositomon
Veteran

Postby jositomon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 am

sarcasticface wrote:
jositomon wrote:

I think it’s (0-Bears, 1-Bengals, etc.)

All right. I’ll try that. Thank you!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:29 am

I think we need to rethink that fields that end with "ID" like TGID should be thought of "index" instead of ID.

Color fields like the team crowd above "TCRP" should be thought of palette instead of color.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:44 pm

ROSTER
Table: TEAM
Field: TFET

DESC:
Setting it to 1 makes the team pretty much useless in game (exhibition). It might be a security check when importing DBT teams.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:05 am

I'm not one to poke around with the DB Editor tables, but I made a discovery that I think is worth sharing... I figure there are some who already know this, but I couldn't find anything on it via the searchbar, so I'll post my findings.

I was getting frustrated with a franchise of mine that was having both teams' QBs get injured all the time. I thought to save and quit and then delete the injury from the DB editor, and then resume. However, in-game injuries are not stored in the INJY table. That's when I checked the IGAM table, and viola - my injured player was in that table, alongside all of the players who had pre-existing injuries coming into the game. I deleted the injury and loaded up the franchise file, and the player was healthy again, and the game didn't crash!

I don't know who updates the Definitions file, but you can label IGAM as "In-Game Injuries". Now if only they could be deleted in-game without saving and quitting...
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Danchat wrote:I'm not one to poke around with the DB Editor tables, but I made a discovery that I think is worth sharing... I figure there are some who already know this, but I couldn't find anything on it via the searchbar, so I'll post my findings.

I was getting frustrated with a franchise of mine that was having both teams' QBs get injured all the time. I thought to save and quit and then delete the injury from the DB editor, and then resume. However, in-game injuries are not stored in the INJY table. That's when I checked the IGAM table, and viola - my injured player was in that table, alongside all of the players who had pre-existing injuries coming into the game. I deleted the injury and loaded up the franchise file, and the player was healthy again, and the game didn't crash!

I don't know who updates the Definitions file, but you can label IGAM as "In-Game Injuries". Now if only they could be deleted in-game without saving and quitting...

Great find! You can open the .def file using notepad. Search for the IGAM label and input the new label. If you haven't already done so! I had to add the string: "IGAM","In-Game Injuries" in because the there was no IGAM table listing in the .def file I use!

Thanks Danchat!

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:13 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Danchat wrote:I'm not one to poke around with the DB Editor tables, but I made a discovery that I think is worth sharing... I figure there are some who already know this, but I couldn't find anything on it via the searchbar, so I'll post my findings.

Great find! You can open the .def file using notepad. Search for the IGAM label and input the new label. If you haven't already done so! I had to add the string: "IGAM","In-Game Injuries" in because the there was no IGAM table listing in the .def file I use!

Thanks Danchat!

Oh, I see, I hadn't tried editing the definitions file before.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

JELew
Rookie

Postby JELew » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:05 am

how can i change turf color to that lighter green like back in the 80s & 90s?

Return to “Development”