Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 2021 Playbooks

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:20 am

JPMoneyman wrote:
Completely off-topic but something I was curious about was when using the custom playbook with the mod I noticed that when I brought up the play-art the play-clock paused.

I haven't noticed the pause or even pay attention to it!

(I know that you can't use the right stick audible system and have to set the audibles manually in the game so you get the custom playbook plays to be used as audibles.)

Yeah, I thinks it's best for the user to set the audibles they prefer. I do set the stick audibles for the playbooks! But not the formation subs!

On offense I normally setup (Long pass(Up), Play-action(Down), inside run(R), Draw or screen(L)). And on defense I setup Cover 4(Up), Cover 3(Down), Cover 2 Man(R) and a Blitz (L).

Anyway aside from that it is good to have the newer playbooks in the game. I think it adds that hint of what you see on a Sunday and also reflects how the game has changed over the years in terms of gameplay concepts and patterns of play in the NFL. Real cool. Though I do know the playbooks are limited in the number of plays you can have compared to the real life NFL team playbooks because the game doesn't really allow that scope with created playbooks. :D :D

The books in Madden 20-21 are huge. Like the Bucs defense has a staggering 600+ plays in it. Their Nickel Normal defense has 90 plays alone! Offensive playbooks are about 300-400 plays deep. It would be insane to replicate the exact books for Madden 08! In real NFL games the number of plays used are between 67-80 depending on the team playing and the success they have with specific plays. Madden 08 custom playbooks have a limit of 75 plays. I doubt highly that guys who play Madden 08 use anywhere near 75 plays every game!

But having new and a wider range of plays to select from is a bonus!

Sponsor

Sponsor

JPMoneyman
All-Pro

Postby JPMoneyman » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:56 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
JPMoneyman wrote:
I haven't noticed the pause or even pay attention to it!

Yeah, I thinks it's best for the user to set the audibles they prefer. I do set the stick audibles for the playbooks! But not the formation subs!

On offense I normally setup (Long pass(Up), Play-action(Down), inside run(R), Draw or screen(L)). And on defense I setup Cover 4(Up), Cover 3(Down), Cover 2 Man(R) and a Blitz (L).

The books in Madden 20-21 are huge. Like the Bucs defense has a staggering 600+ plays in it. Their Nickel Normal defense has 90 plays alone! Offensive playbooks are about 300-400 plays deep. It would be insane to replicate the exact books for Madden 08! In real NFL games the number of plays used are between 67-80 depending on the team playing and the success they have with specific plays. Madden 08 custom playbooks have a limit of 75 plays. I doubt highly that guys who play Madden 08 use anywhere near 75 plays every game!

But having new and a wider range of plays to select from is a bonus!

You're right the pause with the play-art doesn't really bother me or affect the game too much, I was just curious. Also when on defense I always like to hold the play-art button down as the clock runs down because it gives me a wider look at the field and the offense. But it's no biggie for me really) Just need to read and decide my plan before the snap))

That is helpful information in terms of what audibles you manually set, makes a lot of sense in terms of giving a good range of different options to use. Pretty cool. I know at times I have done the old "let's just use my favourite money plays" for my audibles. Which works okay for playing the CPU AI but I can guarantee using that system would fail miserably against a human opponent if you played them often. I always look for tendencies against human players and I expect a good player would school me with my logic :lol:

I doubt guys who play Madden 21 would use anywhere near 75 plays per game either! Wow 600+ plays! Can't say the Madden 20-21 playbooks don't have enough variety! Must take a bit of time to decide which plays you want to use for each custom playbook with so many options?! So great job man, I'd probably still be trying to figure out what plays to reproduce while you are completing a whole 32 team league's books :lol: :lol: !

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:14 am

JPMoneyman wrote:
That is helpful information in terms of what audibles you manually set, makes a lot of sense in terms of giving a good range of different options to use. Pretty cool. I know at times I have done the old "let's just use my favourite money plays" for my audibles. Which works okay for playing the CPU AI but I can guarantee using that system would fail miserably against a human opponent if you played them often. I always look for tendencies against human players and I expect a good player would school me with my logic :lol:

Well, I'm no whip either!! I just figure, the players can have good audibles at the LOS if they feel the opponent is going to mix it up! Like on 3rd down for defense , it's either Blitz or Coverage! And for Offense you have Long pass, Draw or Screen depending on your scheme and yards needed! I've been running fake punts against Madden CPU AI more this past season if it's 3 or less yards and field position isn't too bad! It works!!

I doubt guys who play Madden 21 would use anywhere near 75 plays per game either! Wow 600+ plays! Can't say the Madden 20-21 playbooks don't have enough variety! Must take a bit of time to decide which plays you want to use for each custom playbook with so many options?! So great job man, I'd probably still be trying to figure out what plays to reproduce while you are completing a whole 32 team league's books :lol: :lol: !

Most guys go with their money plays until the CPU shuts them down. But later on in the game revert back to using them. And that leaves a ton of plays unused until they see the CPU affectively use some good ones against them! Then they try. That's why I always ask that you go to the practice field to see them all in action first! At one point, I had a goal to run every play at least once during the game. I tried to be smart and situational. But the CPU forced me to revert to my money plays later on! I still lost the game!

The plays & formations I choose are decided by Madden 20 & 21 actually. It's all based on percentages used by the real NFL teams! I just add the ones with the higher % and one or two of the formations that are at the low end for variety! Like the Eagles and Bears both use the "Philly Special", not often but it's unique to them, so I put it in only those two books! And the "Gun Monster" formation was added to the Ravens 2021 edition *not yet released"! I am going to get Madden 21 maybe over the summer to experience the up to date playoff format!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:19 am

Baltimore Ravens Gun Monster Stack Formation
Attachments
Raven's Gun Monster Formation.png
Raven's Gun Monster Formation.png (4.8 MiB) Viewed 1921 times
Raven's Gun Monster Formation 2.png
Raven's Gun Monster Formation 2.png (3.43 MiB) Viewed 1921 times
Raven's Gun Monster Formation 3.png
Raven's Gun Monster Formation 3.png (3.18 MiB) Viewed 1921 times

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:10 pm

RevanFan wrote:The only thing that has changed in the GAMEDATA file specifically is the playbooks. Nothing else.

Hey RevanFan, I had some time to review and modify the auto-motion for the Dallas offense. I'll send you the update tomorrow sometime.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:35 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The only thing that has changed in the GAMEDATA file specifically is the playbooks. Nothing else.

Hey RevanFan, I had some time to review and modify the auto-motion for the Dallas offense. I'll send you the update tomorrow sometime.

Thanks.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:21 am

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Thanks.

I found another flawed play in the Arizona offense. The Pistol Strong formation Triple Option had a problem with the QB not performing his handoff logic. The problem was the FB being lined up too close to him. I corrected the FB's default position. Now it works as intended. I'll send you the updated version after I merge the 9 new plays & new formation in a day or so!

Arizona Cardinals 2021 Offense
*Added: Formation - Pistol Strong Slot Open
*Added: 12 new plays - Playbook Play Count - 99
*Added: Formation Audibles
**Fixed: Pistol Strong - Triple Option Play
***Sent to Mod team to be included in future Mod update!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:48 am

That Raven Monster Gun Attack is also known as the "the Swinging Gate"...many teams use that on 2 pt conversions and then move into a normal set.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:45 pm

BUS36 wrote:That Raven Monster Gun Attack is also known as the "the Swinging Gate"...many teams use that on 2 pt conversions and then move into a normal set.

Yeah, my Gun Monster shifts into a Singleback Big formation and I-Formation Close.

The quick screen plays are killer!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:18 pm

Cincinnati Bengals 2021 Defensive Playbook
160+ Plays

13 Formations
4-3
Normal
Over
Over Plus
Wide 9

4-6
Normal

Nickel
2-4-5
3-3-5
3-3-5 Wide
Normal

Dime
Normal

Quarter
3-Deep
Normal

Goal Line
6-2

Released to Mod Team to be included in a near future update! 8-)

Return to “Plays and playbooks”