The Playbook Editing help me thread

Gridiron
MVP

Re: The Playbook Editing help me thread

Postby Gridiron » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:32 am

Teoita wrote:Hello! I am Teoita, creator of many playbooks for Football Freaks mods over the years.

I figured that since the closing of Football Freaks, a lot of the info on playbook editing present on that forum has gone, so it would be useful to open a thread where people can ask questions about playbook editing and merging, and various other things, using the utilities made over the years by the awesome guys at FF (Packfan <3). If you ever have any questions about custom playbooks, post in here and i will answer to the best of my knowledge!

My offensive playbook currently contains 51 of 75 possible offensive plays in 7 of 10 possible formations.

All five of my audibles are from the Singleback - Big formation.

Code: Select all

AUDIBLE LIST POSITION:       1           2          3              5         6
Singleback - Big :           FL MIDDLE * HB PITCH * DUAL TE FLAT * HB DRAW * WR OPTION

Now that I have the playbook editor working (at the library) I can modify my playbook.
Teoita, can you tell me the steps involved in adding these audibles using the playbook editor?
Attachments
August2012.pbo
(142.43 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Teoita
Pro Bowl

Postby Teoita » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:10 pm

There's a tab for it in the playbook editor. You can't set audibles to plays that aren't in your playbook i think.
Feel free to PM me for playbook related questions :)

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Teoita wrote:There's a tab for it in the playbook editor. You can't set audibles to plays that aren't in your playbook i think.

Yes I saw those tabs, "Playbook Audibles" and "Formation Audibles" but don't have a clue what to do once looking at the tables.
I'm sure it (the operation of the editor, not the tables) makes total sense once explained..
Perhaps a kindly pointing towards the location for instructions of operating the editor,
as there are absolutely none in the download.
For starters, I haven't a clue as to how to modify a table entry and wasn't able to figure it out.
Then I could start trying to decipher what to do to attach the dang plays.
Although at this point it sort of feels like I might as well be using a hex editor. :oops:

Yes the included "Research Stuff" folder will be helpful in cluing into the mysteries of the Playbook tables for sure,
once the basic operation of the editor is understood.

And yes, those 5 audible plays were already in my playbook.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Teoita
Pro Bowl

Postby Teoita » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:17 pm

You can assign one audible to each hotkey within madden; they don't show up ingame but you will still be able to audible to the plays you select with the same shortcuts you would use with a default playbook; same goes for formation audibles. It's really straightforward if you just try it.
Feel free to PM me for playbook related questions :)

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:02 am

I tried to use the strong close formation of this playbook http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8276 and i have a problem,

i can't send in motion anybody except the fullback,

could somebody know how to fix it ?

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 am

lichtental wrote:I tried to use the strong close formation of this playbook http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8276 and i have a problem,

i can't send in motion anybody except the fullback,

could somebody know how to fix it ?

Thanks to Teoita, I fixed the problem using the Madden Playbook Editor.
Formations tab >> Edit Formation Shifts

Cydver
Veteran

Postby Cydver » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:55 pm

Hey there,

I'm a noob at this but I'm trying to recreate the 49ers' Madden 13 playbook (to some extent) by incorporating the same formations that they have in Madden 13 in my Madden 08 custom playbook. I've found the formations and plays that I want, but I'm also trying to stick every available play for each formation that I can find into one custom playbook, amounting to about 677 plays in total and around 20 formation sets, but basically only 6 total formation groups.

I created a playbook for each formation with the groups of plays. Then I used the playbook merger with compression and everything, saved it in the in-game editor, then tried to play in an exhibition game. The playbook works, but only if I choose to receive the kickoff. Attempting the kickoff crashes the game, which is strange considering that would have brought my defensive stock SF playbook into play. I ran a series on offense having received the kickoff with no problems whatsoever, and progressed through the game perfectly fine and was able to utilize my defensive playbook as normal.

Hence, the only problem that I have (so close to success...) is that I cannot elect to kick off. I am guessing the issue is with my 677 plays, but in the first place it's the defensive playbook that is called in for the first series if I kick off. I can't seem to pinpoint the issue here and would like to keep the excessive amount of plays if possible, just to give myself options during games.

Does anyone here know how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated. I could upload the playbook if necessary, but it's basically an amalgamation of stock plays plus one custom Wildcat playbook with 6 plays.

solarkev
Pro Bowl

Postby solarkev » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Can you please upload your playbook? I'll have a look.

WillProsper
All-Pro

Postby WillProsper » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:13 pm

While using the PLAYBOOK MERGER utility, I get to 17 formations, and it directs me to use the "edit names and grouping" button. But, when it comes up, I can't figure out what to do?

Isn't there a way to get more than 17 formations into one playbook?

Thanks in advance for your help.
"People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society." -Vince Lombardi

My Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18486

Cydver
Veteran

Postby Cydver » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 am

solarkev wrote:Can you please upload your playbook? I'll have a look.

Hey man thanks for offering but I figured out the problem! When I was rearranging the formations using the DB Editor, I set Kickoff and Safety "ord" to 10 with Special Teams thinking that they should go together (otherwise Special Teams shows up as the first formation when you begin your drive). Turns out these two are special formations that should remain ord 1 regardless. The playbook works now, so I'm good. Thanks again.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”