Custom Playbooks Don't show up in Franchise Mode

Re: Custom Playbooks Don't show up in Franchise Mode

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Something is definitely wrong with your Madden game. First pic shows your folder contains offensive playbooks. Your second and third pics show defensive playbooks in the offensive playbook drop down list. Not sure how that's even possible. When you create a playbook in game it always gets saved to the playbook folder automatically. You shouldn't have a Documents/EA Sports folder. Your EA Sports folder should be in C:/Program Files (x86). Your Documents folder should have a Madden 08 folder in it. When you installed Madden did you change the default install path? If you did, uninstall and start over. Let it install to the default path, then run the game and it will create the madden 08 folder in Documents. I personally was never able to get Madden to run with Windows 10. When I ran the installation disk it always quit when it got to the direct X 9.0c. It wouldn't let me skip that step, so I made my computer dual boot. I use Windows XP for Madden and NBA Live and Windows 10 for newer games.

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:03 pm

NVM. Lol wow, i re-read your post and realized I was browsing the def playbooks, not the offense. They do show up.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:54 am

Brock wrote:NVM. Lol wow, i re-read your post and realized I was browsing the def playbooks, not the offense. They do show up.

Thanks mike9472! Glad you got them to work Brock! Brock, how long this problem go on :oops: ?

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:35 pm

I thought I was replying to you, lol both of you have Mike in your username. It wasn't an issue, I was just looking at the defense playbooks instead of the offense playbooks. I never use the drop downs so I got them mixed up.

OSclemsonpanther
Rookie

Postby OSclemsonpanther » Tue May 11, 2021 3:40 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Brock wrote:NVM. Lol wow, i re-read your post and realized I was browsing the def playbooks, not the offense. They do show up.

Thanks mike9472! Glad you got them to work Brock! Brock, how long this problem go on :oops: ?

MikeWest502 - it won't let me message you so I'm replying here. I'm working on a similar project as far as combining the PC and the PS2 versions but for Madden 07 instead - I'm currently working on learning the editing system and draft classes, and my eventual goal is to get a custom playbook into my PS2 madden (I have Windows 10 if thats an issue). I've also read most of the sidebar / tutorials - how did you start your fusion project?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 am

OSclemsonpanther wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

MikeWest502 - it won't let me message you so I'm replying here. I'm working on a similar project as far as combining the PC and the PS2 versions but for Madden 07 instead - I'm currently working on learning the editing system and draft classes, and my eventual goal is to get a custom playbook into my PS2 madden (I have Windows 10 if thats an issue). I've also read most of the sidebar / tutorials - how did you start your fusion project?

My process of integrating PC files into the PS2 version is one step at a time. Learn the PS2 file system/structure. Know what files do the same thing on both platforms. For example on PC there is db_template.dat file, but PS2 uses template.dat and PC uses Streamdata.db while PS2 use Strmdata.db. There are many differences to the names of the files.

For the custom playbooks to work there's a ton of DB editing you need to perform before you inject them into the PS2 gamedata.dat file. Madden never was intended to use custom playbooks in franchise injected into the gamedata file. I suggest you scrap that and just create and use the custom books you can make within Madden 07.

Trial & error. Learn how to inject PC files into the PS2 ISO dats. Always backup!

I will give you this. When you want to import a compressed file from PC dat into PS2 dat using the DFR tool. Make sure to import and mark as compressed and input the PS2 comp/decomp size. Save a test. Don't do a mass import!

I shut off the PM. Good luck, Tony Bruno in the house!

pantherofbrazil
Pro Bowl

Postby pantherofbrazil » Thu May 13, 2021 3:14 am

mike9472 wrote:Something is definitely wrong with your Madden game. First pic shows your folder contains offensive playbooks. Your second and third pics show defensive playbooks in the offensive playbook drop down list. Not sure how that's even possible. When you create a playbook in game it always gets saved to the playbook folder automatically. You shouldn't have a Documents/EA Sports folder. Your EA Sports folder should be in C:/Program Files (x86). Your Documents folder should have a Madden 08 folder in it. When you installed Madden did you change the default install path? If you did, uninstall and start over. Let it install to the default path, then run the game and it will create the madden 08 folder in Documents. I personally was never able to get Madden to run with Windows 10. When I ran the installation disk it always quit when it got to the direct X 9.0c. It wouldn't let me skip that step, so I made my computer dual boot. I use Windows XP for Madden and NBA Live and Windows 10 for newer games.

There is a command line that should fix this, but i dont remember what is now...
It bypass somehow the DirectX setup wizard in Windows 10.

OSclemsonpanther
Rookie

Postby OSclemsonpanther » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:26 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
OSclemsonpanther wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

My process of integrating PC files into the PS2 version is one step at a time. Learn the PS2 file system/structure. Know what files do the same thing on both platforms. For example on PC there is db_template.dat file, but PS2 uses template.dat and PC uses Streamdata.db while PS2 use Strmdata.db. There are many differences to the names of the files.

For the custom playbooks to work there's a ton of DB editing you need to perform before you inject them into the PS2 gamedata.dat file. Madden never was intended to use custom playbooks in franchise injected into the gamedata file. I suggest you scrap that and just create and use the custom books you can make within Madden 07.

Trial & error. Learn how to inject PC files into the PS2 ISO dats. Always backup!

I will give you this. When you want to import a compressed file from PC dat into PS2 dat using the DFR tool. Make sure to import and mark as compressed and input the PS2 comp/decomp size. Save a test. Don't do a mass import!

I shut off the PM. Good luck, Tony Bruno in the house!

I'm not focusing on the playbooks anymore but I am still working on the draft classes before I start my main franchise. (PCSX2 but I own both games).

In order to edit the classes in the NZA file, I've had to delete the 02 00 00 00. I am not sure if I'm supposed to add 02 00 00 00 back before inserting everything back in the MyMC card. My issue is importing the edited franchise file back into the virtual memory card. I'm getting an error saying that it is already in the file (when I try to import it) so it won't go into the file. Currently the card is not corrupted, but the new files are not registering. Any troubleshooting steps?

Return to “Plays and playbooks”