The future of FootballIdiot

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: The future of FootballIdiot

Postby Danchat » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:39 pm

mee wrote:Given that the current logo is pretty bad... I'd have to agree with some sorta update... Where's RevanFan (dave also probably) to get this up on the site?
Ouch. It's really bad, and we are literally a site that does graphics for an old game..

Yeah, I forgot about this thing. It is about time we do some rehauling of our graphics here.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:45 pm

As a graphic designer myself, I like your designs for the logo and the site. One thing I suggest is having a color scheme for the site, I was thinking something like blue and orange.

JusBlaze412
Rookie

Postby JusBlaze412 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:31 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:As a graphic designer myself, I like your designs for the logo and the site. One thing I suggest is having a color scheme for the site, I was thinking something like blue and orange.

Agreed there are so many options we could use. Just not sure how to proceed as the admins don't seem very active here. It sucks that forums have become a thing of the past as apps like Discord come along. Discord is messy and confusing.

Anyways, hopefully the admins show up and consider my offer. I really like this place.
Creative Director

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:53 pm

JusBlaze412 wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:As a graphic designer myself, I like your designs for the logo and the site. One thing I suggest is having a color scheme for the site, I was thinking something like blue and orange.

Agreed there are so many options we could use. Just not sure how to proceed as the admins don't seem very active here. It sucks that forums have become a thing of the past as apps like Discord come along. Discord is messy and confusing.

Anyways, hopefully the admins show up and consider my offer. I really like this place.

Did you PM the people I mentioned? If they don't get back to you in a couple of weeks let me know and I'll see if I can figure out how to change the graphics here.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:24 pm

RevanFan wrote:
JusBlaze412 wrote:

Did you PM the people I mentioned? If they don't get back to you in a couple of weeks let me know and I'll see if I can figure out how to change the graphics here.

I know we've got an established set of mods but I'd be more than willing to join the moderator team and help out.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:54 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
JusBlaze412 wrote:

I know we've got an established set of mods but I'd be more than willing to join the moderator team and help out.

Let me get in touch with the other moderators and see what they think about that.
My Cowboys Journal

JusBlaze412
Rookie

Postby JusBlaze412 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:07 pm

I have reached out to the admin. The changes I am offering would require us to upload theme files which are SFTP access with a program like FileZilla.

I also should mention I have an Invision Community license wasting away right now. So many things we could do and I rather contribute here than build my own website/forum from scratch.

This place is already established.
Creative Director

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:05 pm

:) May I suggest a green color scheme, like a football field kinda feel.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:11 pm

When I get here, it reminds me of a library. This site is rich with tips and techniques to get 08 current and beyond, but information is very hard to find when a search brings me 102 results to find the gems of quality info!

It would be nice to have a fresh look here! I like the X's & O's in the logo. Are you going to stick with the traditional Madden color scheme? I personally could use a change! Bring the Noise 412!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:13 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:When I get here, it reminds me of a library. This site is rich with tips and techniques to get 08 current and beyond, but information is very hard to find when a search brings me 102 results to find the gems of quality info!

I definitely agree that the search function could sorely use some improvement.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Site discussion”