Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Postby Dolphan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:53 pm

I love the scripts, but there's one thing that kind of irks me: the expanded catching.

On one hand, I love the expanded animations and the "bobbling" catches, but I've also gotten an unreal amount of glitchy interceptions.

I just quit a game where, on back-to-back plays, my receiver caught the ball, was tackled, and the ball warped into a defender's hand for an interception. I get that A) it's a 14-year-old game and B) there's bound to be some glitches, but it's frustrating.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:26 am

Dolphan wrote:I love the scripts, but there's one thing that kind of irks me: the expanded catching.

On one hand, I love the expanded animations and the "bobbling" catches, but I've also gotten an unreal amount of glitchy interceptions.

I just quit a game where, on back-to-back plays, my receiver caught the ball, was tackled, and the ball warped into a defender's hand for an interception. I get that A) it's a 14-year-old game and B) there's bound to be some glitches, but it's frustrating.

I'm not totally sure how the "expanded catch" script affect other players (DB's LB's etc) abilities to catch the passes. But what I've learned is that you don't actually need it to for WR's, backs & TE's to perform the one handed or diving catches. The players with the higher "catch" who have a 93+ rating normally perform those types catches without the need for the expanded catch script on! In my games, KC's Kelce goes up to make one handed catches often!

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Postby Dolphan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:02 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
Dolphan wrote:I love the scripts, but there's one thing that kind of irks me: the expanded catching.

I'm not totally sure how the "expanded catch" script affect other players (DB's LB's etc) abilities to catch the passes. But what I've learned is that you don't actually need it to for WR's, backs & TE's to perform the one handed or diving catches. The players with the higher "catch" who have a 93+ rating normally perform those types catches without the need for the expanded catch script on! In my games, KC's Kelce goes up to make one handed catches often!

I totally forgot about that. In reading the description again, the script allows one-handed catching using the Swat and Dive buttons, and I've seen some swat attempts be picked off because the ball sticks to a defender's hand. I know what I'm changing when I open Scripts!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Dolphan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

I totally forgot about that. In reading the description again, the script allows one-handed catching using the Swat and Dive buttons, and I've seen some swat attempts be picked off because the ball sticks to a defender's hand. I know what I'm changing when I open Scripts!

Yeah, and as you mentioned, cpu players are coming up with glitchy INT's not because you're pressing a buttom!

Also, with the player's rating being up to date accurate from Madden 21. Roger Jinx did another outstanding job transferring them into his ROJO rosters that we use. There's only a dozen or so players with the above 93+ catch rating in the league! So you shouldn't see the one handed catches or diving attempts performed by cpu players every game! Only the best will perform them!

The expanded catch script is geared for the user player after pressing a button, not a cpu god mode! Opposite of that is the "enable Hit Stick". Now that's geared for the CPU to knock your head off every chance he gets with an alarmingly high success rate per attempt!

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:01 am

The one that really kills me is the swat that turns into an interception, especially when the ball teleports into the defender's off hand.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:47 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:

The one that really kills me is the swat that turns into an interception, especially when the ball teleports into the defender's off hand.

What's your CPU Interception Slider set to?

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:45 am

MikeWest502 wrote:

It's always set to 0.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:33 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:The one that really kills me is the swat that turns into an interception, especially when the ball teleports into the defender's off hand.

It's always set to 0.

Mine is set to 17. If I throw a bad pass, press the wrong button or into coverage, I deserve the punishment. But as Madden once said, "They're DB's because they can't catch, otherwise they'd be WR's"!

Dolphan
Pro Bowl

Postby Dolphan » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:37 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:The one that really kills me is the swat that turns into an interception, especially when the ball teleports into the defender's off hand.

It's always set to 0.

What's worked for me is doing Global edits in NZA 1.3. I decrease CBs catching by 30, SS by 20, and FS and LBs by 10. Not only do you get better sim stats, but you also get better gameplay.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:58 pm

Dolphan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

It's always set to 0.

What's worked for me is doing Global edits in NZA 1.3. I decrease CBs catching by 30, SS by 20, and FS and LBs by 10. Not only do you get better sim stats, but you also get better gameplay.

Wow, those are hefty numbers! I tested that theory and that affects the player's OVR ratings big time! I used ROJO v.22 roster. A CB Fuller from the Bears rated 90 OVR, catch is 71, reduced it by 30 his OVR dropped to 81! That 30 value tested with CB's reduced their OVR 9 points across the board. That seems to render them less to non-effective when you look at a CB that was a 72, now a 63 OVR! Just an analysis!

Return to “Utilities”